Universal Dungeon Hunter 4 - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 10, 2013.

1. JagerBombS

JagerBombS Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Yep, I should of taken your warning more seriously killercow! I didn't even come close! Definitely requires better equipment, level, and maybe even some friends! I think it might deserve a fair warning to everyone here.

2. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Anxious to give this a go. Without 3GS support, I'll have to wait for the Android version which hopefully will come out tomorrow. Glad it at least goes back to the dungeon crawling format. Guess it'll still take a while before people really know how bad the IAP system is vs grinding.

3. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

#63 killercow, Apr 10, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
    Apparently the Android version is "Coming soon" whatever that means coming from Gameloft...

Edit: WOW! Finally beaten the boss with 2hp left... Level 8!

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    28 mins to complete download. Cant wait to fire this up... Good thing Heavy Sword is taking most of my attention right now.

5. SteveWD40

SteveWD40 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2010
    Does it have the "tap to move" control option the others did? Also, is it repayable ala Diablo, so new game + essentially?

6. killercow

No tap to move.

7. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Perfect... A new shiny game to try my brand new iPhone 5, which Im holding in my hands... Only bad thing is 6.1.3... A little off topic, but any i5 game to test it on before grabbing this one tonight, please?

8. JagerBombS

Apr 11, 2012
    The Warmage Academy is a co-op level! It says it in the description from the world map. So it's integrated into the main quest line, that's......I don't even know.

9. killercow

#69 killercow, Apr 10, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
    Ahahah okay! So you're kinda forced to do some multiplayer. Well at least I know I have the strengh of two persons now ;)
    They could have made the whole game doable in coop, that would have been better. Here it's kinda awkward even if you want to play with your friends.

10. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Is DH2 non-IAP? Is it the one to get or is this one IAP-lite enough?

11. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    pretty sure they took DH2 off the appstore. So I guess that makes your decision a bit easier

12. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

Droidgamers.com confirmed it will be out on Android tomorrow.

13. killercow

Nope Dungeon Hunter 2 is still there and worth the price.

14. JagerBombS

Apr 11, 2012
    I just gave coop a try and it's really fun. Everyone seems to get their own loot which is great, and I got much better stuff than when I was solo. The iron crafting material came quick too. The enemies scale and with three people we didn't come close to making it through the academy. Bag space is an issue though. Seems like bag space and extra passive slots will be my top priority.

15. Enriana

Enriana Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2011
    East Coast, US
    This might be the kiss of death for me. Playing games is something I do solo - unless I'm stuck on a word game and want assistance. ;) So something that forces me to play with other people isn't my thing. Though apparently you can solo it, or at least that one level. I'll wait for more impressions.

16. JagerBombS

Apr 11, 2012
    I jumped the gun thinking it required co-op, it just requires some grinding and good gear. Co-op actually scales the enemies, so it's one of the dungeons you CAN co-op, not have too.

17. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Simple questions:

1. Will I need to burn through potions to be an effective ranged magic character?

2. Is range, kiting the best way to go?

3. Can you survive, have fun and succeed in the melee class without spending money (Tapjoy isn't spending IMO)?

4. Is there a pet class (summoner)?

Thanks!

18. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    I DL the NZ app, but in the world map all my options are greyed out, like multiplayer, leaderboards etc. I tried signing in to GL but that didnt enable them. Whats up? Im in the US.

19. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Just to point out to the guy wanting to buy DH2, the sound doesn't work for iOS 6.

Yes it sucks. Big time.

Looks like the IAP isn't too bad here. I might try it and if the prices aren't exorbitant I might even drop a few bucks. I really like the dungeon crawler genre. Oh and this (and NOVA 3) are easily the two best looking games Gameloft has released. Incredible looking.

20. Zentatsu

Zentatsu Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2013
    Philippines
    Need to pay gem to create 3 or more characters, beyond that it seems the content is small (4 choices of equipment only?!) or maybe will be unlocked more later. Equipment dont have level requirenments, Im pretty much confused right now :/