Universal Dungeon Hunter 4 - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I am def stoked about this game, but thankfully I only have to wait till 9 tonight for it to come out in the US.

2. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    If you had made it a whole 2 minutes into Sanuku's video, you would see that all classes have a male and female model.

3. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Yep you can play as either male or female of any of the 4 classes

4. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Wow the
    Warmage academy
    is pretty hard or nigh impossible to do at my current level (7). I just drank all three potions and I couldn't get to the end. (They give you three potions every 8 hours for free, potions can't be bought with gold or looted)

5. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Thanks!

6. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    You can go back and grind though right? Just come back in a level or two and you should be ok, if its anything like other games like this.

7. killercow

Oh yeah it is possible. I just wanted to check if anyone made it that far and had the same problem :)

8. Zentatsu

Zentatsu Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2013
    Philippines
    Too bad we can't customize the character, even at least the hair/hair color and skin color.. That'll make big difference in multiplayer mode.

9. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Right, so what class have you been playing and do you have any favorites? Is it a pretty fun game overall so far?

10. killercow

#50 killercow, Apr 10, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
    I've only been playing with a Battleworm so far but like I said the game is pretty fun. Here's a short list of the positive and negatives of the game:

Plus side:
    -A full, decently voiced story with some funny moments
    -Visually the best of its kind
    -Large number or items and a nice socket system
    -Good controls, huge number of skills
    -Pve and Pvp with voice chat

Negative side:
    -Framerate can be weird at times
    -Side quests are really bland (Please help me!)
    -Timers
    -The UI is still pretty big
    -Avoiding enemy attacks is pretty hard (No dodge/roll, Hitbox on the character is quite big)
    -The potion system

Disclaimer: This is based on an hour or two of gameplay. A lot of those points could change later on.

11. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Hmmm looking forward to this one, doesnt seem to be as bad on paper as i thought, great set of games coming out tonight, what a day (And i also met Liam Gallagher this afternoon !)

Superb day !

12. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Thanks for the imps! The timers are only for speeding stuff up though right? Long as its not wait or pay to play that should be ok.

13. JagerBombS

JagerBombS Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    I've been playing ranger and really liking it so far. He has a roll skill to avoid attacks, it's a skill and uses energy but very useful. My only concern is the skill system. All skills are unlockable early with gems, which would give you a huge advantage in that you could use your skill points on them as you level up. As it is now, skill points seem almost wasted on early skills and the price to respec them later on will I'm sure cost plenty of gems. Tapjoy offers seem good and you can easily unlock the two passive slots with them. This game will likely be worthy of a few dollars as well.

14. airdan

airdan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Belize
    Can't wait for this. Been craving for an action RPG on ios for years (since CH). 9 can't come too soon!

15. killercow

#55 killercow, Apr 10, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
    I can't find the tapjoy link in the game. Where is it located?
    Also what level are you? I tried again the
    Warmage council
    and damn... When I thought it was over the boss appeared and i'm pretty sure a massive amount of grinding is required at this point. Or i'm just bad at it ;)

16. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I get bored around the 20 second mark and skip the next ten minutes.

17. JagerBombS

JagerBombS Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Level 6 and just got to that point, I will give it a try and let you know. I don't know if there is a link in game, I just went to Tapjoy.com.

18. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    I'll probably give this a try, since it doesn't look like the travesty that is DH3.

19. CMMC4

CMMC4 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2012
    Community Manager -MC4
    Montreal
    I had that problem x10000 T_T

20. killercow

Yeah it's quite brutal and you can't just skirt around the boss because he's constantly healing... I'm pretty sure level 10-12 is the right level. Quite a grind!