Universal Dungeon Hunter 4 - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Ouch!!Got to free up some stuff,thanks..

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    That sounds fair, eg IAP's are used to fast forward the game (eg advance to later skill levels etc), eg like a cheat in the old days. IAP's like that sound okay, still want to check for myself though

Hmmm could be good?!

3. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Give in to the dark side. Feel the hype run through you!!

4. killy billy

killy billy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    Can't find the damn game!
    All links posted directs me to DH3 on my NZ account....what gives??

5. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#25 Sanuku, Apr 10, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
    As far as I can tell the Game is currently one of the best Story Driven aka. linear Fantasy (Freemium) Hack'n'Slay Games I have seen on Mobile so far.

The Mix of InGame Fighting Parts where you literally beat the shit out of your Opponents and those InGame Cutscene that keeps telling the Story Plot forward seems to be almost perfect.

I have played the Game for like forty Minutes so far and already had two moments where I did knew that I'll definitly keep playing through the hole Game in the upcoming Days just to experiance hopefully more of those since even Gameloft is make sure that I`ll never ever forgetting that I`m are playing a Freemium Title those two small things in the Game made my Inner Fantasy Geek freak out and I only felt at that time...

[​IMG]

... since i hated Dungeon Hunter 3 so deeply that I first even didn`t cared a single Moment when Gameloft had announced Dungeon Hunter 4 but I`m glad that I did jumped over my own Shadow and loaded the Game up since Dungeon Hunter 4 is so far everything I had wished for that Dungeon Hunter 3 would be but wasn`t it.

Note 1:

HD Gameplay Trailer following later.

Note 2:

Geek Moments so far :

My first Geek Moment was when I slayed down the first Mini Boss in the Game and suddenly an female Elve start wispering in my Head.

Second One was when same female Elve did slayed down a few Demons later in the Game and the Camera did focus on her in the End.

6. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    One of the IAP's are for unlocking more slots for passive skills. You hace 2 unlocked, buy the other 2

7. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Game center is useless. Doesn't work for achievements or leaderboards. Also there are some timers when you upgrade your items. I just don't know if they get in the way yet.

Oh and the hud is customizable.

8. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
  9. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    You have to buy this, it's not unlocked by leveling? And do we have to buy extra character slots, and the two passive skill slots for each character?

10. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Sanuku thanks for the imps! So no timers as far as wait or pay right? Man I am going to play the crap out of this game!!! :cool:

11. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    Alright, I cleared up the space on my device -- just for this one! Hell yeah!!

12. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    So... is it good? No arena bull? Is there IAP that will lower ALL timers permanently, effectively making the game somehow premium-ish?

13. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yep i think i may join you. Glad Sanuku has been so positive about it, i'm starting to think this will be pretty good and we can all forget the horror of DH3 and forgive Gameloft !

I'll stay up till midnight tonight for this (and others)

14. killercow

There are some arenas but it's entirely optionnal. (It's either in coop or pvp) You can't lower the timers permanently (Of course you can bypass them with gems...) . The timers are only there when you upgrade an item, remove a gem from a socket or link gems together.
    There are two passive skills slots ( out of four) that you need to buy with gems but every other skill can be gained by leveling up.

The game is quite fun thus far but i'm afraid I'll hit a paywall every time I get into a new zone... Maybe all those freemium games made me paranoid :)

15. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Ok... Thanks.

At least now it sounds like it's ok to spend time on another freemium.

16. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Do you have to pay to unlock additional characters or character slots? Also how bad are the timers?

17. killercow

#37 killercow, Apr 10, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
    As far as I can see you can at least create two characters without paying. It's too early to tell if those timers will be a pain or not but for now they don't seem to get in the way.

Also a negative point: the framerate is quite low on my ipad. It's quite unstable and it stutters quite often.

18. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Kind of a weird question but can you play as a chick?

19. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

20. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Are all the characters male? I def dont like playing as a female, I hate when games have like a mage class but is female only... I will def unlock all 4 classes if they have male options.