Universal Dungeon Hunter 4 - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 10, 2013.

1. AL3X83

AL3X83 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    #2261 AL3X83, Apr 5, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
    I have a ipod 5th gen running iOS 7.1. Are the top 10 for blood match all hacking cheats cause their scores are all identical literally every number, so players will never get those prizes?

2. AL3X83

AL3X83 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    #2262 AL3X83, Apr 5, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
    Here my screenshot of what I am seeing. This score is the same for the leaderboards rank 1 - 18 not just what's in the screenshot.

Attached Files:

3. eucalyptus

eucalyptus New Member

Apr 1, 2014
    It's the maximum points possible. It's probably doable if you spend a lot of time grinding blood match with a high level character but people seem to do it pretty quickly so it could be a glitch they're exploiting. It's also possible points awarded for damage goes up exponentially and with soldier & haste potions you can score a lot (!) of points quickly. My build probably isn't the best for that as it's based on a high attack speed, something that hit slower but harder might give more points.

The new update has pretty much sealed its fate for me. It was fun for a while trying to grind up my gem slots via blood match (top 500 is pretty easily doable without spending too much time) but with the new ui it's just not worth the hassle.

4. Gameloft_Ryan

Gameloft_Ryan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    Here's a link if you can't the iFunBoxed data to work: http://support.gameloft.com/Home/SupportForm/262/

I'll ask about the Blood Match top scores and see what the team says. I'd imagine we check leaderboards, like on other games, but I'll just need to confirm this.

Also, I'd love to hear what you don't like about the new UI. That type of feedback is definitely good to hear.

5. Myndflame

Myndflame Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    no, I said I should have iFunBoxed it before updating, haha.
    Thanks for a reference link though, in case I ever run into this problem again.

and now to delete to make space for DH4, again... oi. I hate this 16 GB iPad 2.

6. Gameloft_Ryan

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    Ahh! My mistake, I definitely have a case of the Mondays and glossed over that >.<

7. Myndflame

Apr 18, 2013
    Mondays always suck. Shame it can't be like Skyrim where you can find weird and funny on a Morndas there.

8. Gameloft_Ryan

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    That would be AMAZING :O

9. tommerman

tommerman New Member

Feb 17, 2014
    #2269 tommerman, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
    Game Impressions

Bad update. Bad Layout , Skills can only be accessed through the game (why not through world map at beggining screen? ) the inventory is annoying , no bugs fixed etc... My weapons seem that they can be upgraded more, but no upgrade takes place when I do this. I want the old inventory back .

10. AL3X83

AL3X83 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    #2270 AL3X83, Apr 8, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
    I agree with you. The inventory is glitchy if you don't touch it a specific way. I have to let off the screen and wait before I can touch it again and what about the challenge of the day popup screen am I the only one that has to fight with it to close it literally sometimes takes 10 secs or more and have to hold the x in the corner, sometimes it makes me want to delete the game.

11. Myndflame

Apr 18, 2013
    I want my iPad Air now... I hate having a max of 13.9 GBs of memory.

12. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Preach... Yeah the layout itself isn't terrible, it's just how they removed a lot of things that were easily accessible, just in an attempt to make it more streamlined. I miss seeing my info screen, where I could see my health and energy regen, my crit chance and bonus, etc.

13. Mcpaul

Mcpaul Member

Jan 1, 2011
    I've played DH2 literally dozens of times through. Maybe hundreds. I tried DH3 and gave it up after about 10 minutes as the greedy thieving invasive IAP model ruined the whole experience. I tried this when it came out last April and liked the game. Amazing graphics for mobile, great experience overall, yes there were a lot of bugs with touch interface requiring several touches to activate something on screen, the phantom globes in multiplayer, the greedy thieving IAP was still there and extremely invasive, but I could play it through without spending one cent, and I did. many characters, one of which was level 92 until I got bored with it. I just felt so empty after playing it that far. After getting the top tier stuff I could pay with gold, as well as maxing my crit skill, there was nothing left to do.

This new update is ridiculous. What a piece of crap this game has become:
    You can't access skills
    You can't access crafting.
    If you access the above while in multiplayer, you get killed, because oops! some other player has started the game
    There's now an extra layer in the menu system so it takes twice as long to get in to your inventory and to get out.
    You can't access your inventory from the shop
    You can't access the SHOP from your INVENTORY - (I thought Gameloft would have wanted this?)
    You get bombarded with advertising for their IAP and events that require IAP twice on the way in and twice on the way out.
    The events badge is so big you can't access some areas from the map.
    Hard to tell what inventory item is active
    Text you don't care about is way too large (yes I'm sure I want to do what I just did!)
    Text you DO care about (charms, shape of charms and effect of charms) is way too small. This game is all about the charms, so this is important.
    Sell button too small
    Sell button too far away
    Too much empty space which could be used for text you do care about or just a redesign back to original inventory
    No summary page like the previous I can no longer tell what level I'm at from the inventory page - how do I know if I can access a new skill?
    When you access your inventory right after levelling up, or using a potion, it takes you directly to the shop. I don't want to access the shop unless I'm level 14, have completed the Clockwork Dungeon, completed Kankheer, etc.
    I like the pictures - of inventory items and character pictures - I just don't care about the pictures because I've played the game through. Don't get me wrong, I can appreciate the artwork, they just don't need to be so big they take away space from stuff that would be useful to me.
    The fading of the graphics around the edges of the screen looks quite nice for a game like this, but did you know you can NOT select anything that is caught within the fading?
    Some enemies on the new update are actually transparent and hard to see
    Too many invisible things block my guy's path in the arena
    Crafted items don't get automatically equipped like purchased items do - and yes, I've sold several while in multiplayer
    Clock counters - I have never seen so much a product that wants me to see it's advertising force me so much to NOT USE THE PRODUCT.

I've only played the game with the new update up to level 8. I'm sure there are lots more issues with this latest update. The whole In app purchase - pay to win model is ridiculous and I will never buy into it, but I'm not going to talk about it. it's beyond insane.

Ryan, I get it. I'm NOT part of your target market. I realize that for all the dollars you think I MIGHT put into this game, there's always going to be someone that spends MORE (or uses a cheat). So I will never win. I think you know my feelings on IAP. I will never buy into a pay to win model, and no amount of advertising or discounts will incent me to. I put the game down during upgrades/crafts. Don't you guys want me to play your game? I'm not going to pay real money for a potion when I know that in 2 hours (or even 24 hours) I'll get another one, or like in DH2 one will get dropped within the next 5 kills. I think I bought DH2 for like $10 when it came out, a price that was I thought more than fair considering the success of DH1, and I would have been glad to have paid 5 times that, which I'm sure is way more than the average per person revenue you're getting from this game. DH2 was not without it's issues, but I did play it just last week to the end and enjoyed it (btw I'm glad it's working on current devices now). It's not as modern, but it's a lot more fun.

Ryan, I appreciate you coming here and being the face of GL and DH4. I know you're just doing your job and I'm sure you're doing a good job, and hope you don't take my comments personally or anything other than a dissatisfied "customer". I don't know if you will pass along these comments or not (I hope you do).

I'm curious whether you have actually played this game before? play it through for free, or with your own money so that you have some skin in the game, and you'll probably understand where I'm coming from better.
    I just want a quality game that's not invasive and lets me play how I want to play, and because I want to encourage more games like this, you guys need to get paid well, and to that end, I will pay a fair price. (more than fair for a positive experience) It is obvious to me that GL does not see this as a way to do business.

At this point I think Gameloft has gone too far with this latest update and it seems at this point I am also FINISHED with both DH series and Gameloft altogether.

see ya.

14. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    I just downloaded it out of curiosity reading all the complaints about the new UI...well, I thought "okay, it wouldn't be THAT bad, right?" while the game was downloading and installing...

...I've deleted it after 3 Minutes.

15. Mhoncie

Mhoncie New Member

Apr 10, 2014
    Help

Does anyone here know how to fix these issues I encountered.

After installation of latest update:
    1. My Heath Potion stuck. Not replenishing, stuck at 0 value.
    2. Blood Match button doesn't exist anymore.
    3. Can't connect to store, stuck in loading screen.
    4. No update on new weapon/armor. (I guess problem on store connection) I got 300millions hard earned coins, but doesn't make sense when I can't buy anything new. HELP!:(

16. Gameloft_Ryan

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    I'll definitely be passing your feedback to the DH4 team. I talked with one of the guys yesterday and they saw the initial feedback about the UI changes, so they are aware of the issue it's caused.

I have played the game on and off since joining Gameloft. I've played for free. However, I haven't played since the new update went live due to other commitments that I've had. I've made it a point on my to-do list to check it out so I can better understand where everyone is coming from.

What didn't you like that caused you to delete? Seriously, let me know so I can pass this feedback along. If this update caused issues, I'm happy to see if this stuff can reverted/changed.

17. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Well I am done with this and off to play Dungeon Quest! No timers, no pay walls, no waiting for upgrades, no waiting for gems to merge, I mean geez cant we just play a game and have fun?

18. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    my GL live is the same as my username, feel free to add me. I gift a fair amount.

19. Myndflame

Apr 18, 2013
    I'm wholeheartedly inclined to ask this, but for those of you who played DH4 back when it first released, do you have an iFunBoxed file of 1.0? I'm tempted to try and see if I can plop it on my iPad.

20. Moosin

Moosin Member

Jul 8, 2012
    #2280 Moosin, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
    I am a battleworn and I have a ring that is 16% energy 20% lightning damage which at lvl 98 my dps is 1.6 million. I bought a new ring that is 11% radiant damage and 30% fire damage and 5.50% health leech I equipped it and my dps went down to 1.4 million? What am I missing or not thinking of.