Dungeon Hunter 3 by Gameloft

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by LBG, Nov 2, 2011.

1. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    There was nothing wrong with the first MC. It was groundbreaking, at least for me, when it first came out.

The NOVA series surely doesn't suck IMO.

Hell, I thought Hero of Sparta was the sh*t when it first came out. And it still is if you keep it with its time!

Also, just like JMarceLF said, tintin looks to be awesome. I haven't played it yet, but I've watched all the videos and read all the reviews. More than likely they were told not to F the game up when they got the license.

2. ADR GANG

ADR GANG Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2011
    I already finished Tin Tin. It is one of the best Gameloft games to date. Grab it if you can. The ending suggests that a sequel is coming. I can't wait. As for other Gameloft games...meh, mostly lifeless just like this one.

3. vibliribland

vibliribland Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2011
    Paying 6.99$, 7.99$ or 15$ doesn't matter to me, if the game is good.

The thing is that 7.99$ ends when i buy the game.
    If I play Six guns for a year (hypothetically since it only got about 2 hours of game play) I would get bombarded by popups all the time, forever and ever.

That is why Freemium games are an abomination.

It's very sad to see the so promising iOS platform go to waste like this.

If the devs would just make sure they got paid the regular way the games could get better and better, now they waste time on coming up with pathetic systems to lure money of people with necessary items in game.

It is a fact, not an opinion.

4. ADR GANG

ADR GANG Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2011
    I agree with you bro. I was one of the biggest Gameloft supporters. I used to defend Gameloft whenever people say bad about them, but now not anymore. I don't support this freemium crap and never will. Six Guns and Dungeon Hunters 3 could be great games but Gameloft took the easy way out by making them freemium, which make the games a lifeless piece of crap. No story, no cutscenses, no purpose whatsoever to play these games. Unless they stop this freemium crap, I won't download/buy their games ever again.

5. megasiech

megasiech Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2011
    i buy a lot of gameloft games full Price . Backstab & Ayden are my favorites. Gameloft was a main reason for me to buy my iPad2.

so i am sad what happening now.Gameloft change the business structure-> new aggressiv stock- fonds ect.

6. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Wait, this game ain't even released yet and ur already judging it as lifeless? Unless I'm missing something or u are a beta tester I can't see why you'd say that. U mad at freemium bro? Joking. But seriously Gameloft is doing way too much freemium stuff, it's annoying me. But honestly, if it's paying the bills for them, I can't help but encourage people to deal with it.

Besides, GL isn't even the top of the list anymore for quality titles on iOS. With only one official release, *Rockstar* is!! :eek:

7. San

San Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Marketing Group Manager, Global. Gameloft HQ
    Paris
    Instead of complaining, you should have a look to the trailer ;)

8. vibliribland

vibliribland Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2011
    Exactly.

A year ago when a lot of people and webbsites where bashing them for being copy cats I defended them and just said the obvious: Blizzard won't do it, Rock Star won't do it (until now), then why shouldn't Gameloft take advantage of an so extremely obvious market?

But this is what you get for defending companies.

9. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Judging from the video and preview it seems to trend along the same line as Gameloft's last two games. So, I'm pretty sure that's why he said that. This is a forum we speculate all the time. :)

As far as Rockstar being at the top of the food chain all I can say is meh and humbly/unwillingly agree. They're a big studio and can make a pretty d@mn good port. But there are a lot of little guys to watch out for, especially in the upcoming year!

10. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    I used to be a big fan of Gameloft. I still have hope that they will someday abandon this freemium crap and revert back to making quality games with price tags. But for now I'll have to rely on other developers/publishers to bring me high quality console-like games.

[​IMG]

11. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Gameloft's killing me, I want to like an look forward to this game soooo much, but with the term freemium hanging over its head it's a struggle. After watching the trailer they just put up (release date is next Thursday!) it seems like there might be hope. I looked at the screen with all the weapons and armor, and it seems that every weapon/armor item has a price in standard in-game cash as well as one in in the premium currency. I only saw a few parts of the in-game store, so it's very possible that this is not entirely the case, but I have hope. I didn't find Six Guns' IAP system very annoying, but then again I only played the game an hour before deleting it so it's probable that it would have become very intrusive after extended play. Well, all we can do is wait and see I guess.

12. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    #172 GoofyJmaster., Dec 15, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
    I don't too much care about the freemium at this point (well, mabye the 2 hour armor wait times), but more so I don't want the melee version of Gun Bros. Plus, I don't like IAP implemented into the the games structure anyways. Make it like TBT, or something, where you have to look for it to see it. I'm just going to download it next week to put the AI through its paces and see how IAP is intertwined. I'll keep my speculation to myself from here on out! Dec. 21, I'm waiting.

Nonetheless, I think/hope this probable POS gets well overshadowed by M.U.S.E, Zenonia 4, Terra Noctis, and any other major release scheduled.

13. Madman100

Jul 6, 2011
    Link me to the video please, I missed it. I'm sure it's in here somewhere but 18 pages of freemium complaining by like 10 people, it's too much. Thanks in advance.

14. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
  15. Jtown4prez

Jtown4prez Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    CANT WAIT! keep it up with them free games gameloft!

16. Madman100

Jul 6, 2011
    Dang, the gameplay looks top notch. If there's any PvP through GL Live or Gamecenter I may have to invest some in this, depending on how active it is.

17. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    I mean the gameplay looks like a typical Glu game in a prettier melee form. If I want a top down game I'll get something like Minigore or, I guess, a Glu game. Plus, we saw that SG was pretty but it didn't deliver in gameplay or depth; and wasn't worth the UI and big file hassles.

There's also the reasons I'm not looking forward to listed in my previous post. What I want from Gameloft is more of the Tintin quality, the original DHs, or the NOVA series. Definitely not this.

I also don't know how this would be too much fun with PvP???

Anyways for anyone not looking to vamp freemium, the three games I mentioned earlier will more than likely overshadow this. Hell, people will prolly still be playing major games like GTA and Tintin next week anyway.

Overall, I guess we'll just have to wait and see on the 21st!

18. Madman100

Jul 6, 2011
    #178 Madman100, Dec 15, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
    Unfortunately I haven't followed much of Glu's games to see the comparison but like I said, the gameplay looks top-notch. I've seen some Diablo 3 footage and this looks a lot similar. And I can just imagine what else there is to see in terms of power effects and magic abilities.

PvP is always great if u ask me, which u just did. ;) but this is personal taste I guess.

I see major hating, especially with the comparison to Minigore (I don't see how one can remotely satisfy the gameplay of the other). And also hating on SG (I might be misinterpreting something there). The file size was like 200mb which is crazy small for how much awesomeness that game is (of course personal opinion).

EDIT: besides, I'm not even sure why u replied to me except to rant about how much u hate this game before release. Seriously not tryna be an ass but I feel somewhat trolled into an unwanted discussion.

19. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    The comparisons were for stating the path that Gameloft is taking versus what they've done. I feel like it's mere discussion. Also, I'm not hating on SG, but calling it out for what is. In my official review I even gave it a couple of good pats on the back. Plus, if I'm not mistaken SG is 422mb compressed and that can be a lot for a lot of people; me included.

But anyways, if the main thing was my PvP comment, I was just curious. I feel like PvP is more suited for something like SG or Order & Chaos. Co-op would be more suited for this game.

Also, as far as the melee/Glu thing, I was just saying that because wave shooters can become boring semi-quickly, so a melee version seems meh.

As far as me making predictions/speculation that's the name of the game when you have threads like these. I don't hate the game, I'm just calling out some potential flaws. I did the same thing in the SG thread and received quite a bit of heat for it. However, I was right about a lot of things I predicted. Some people who disagreed with me at first even changed their tune (even if only a little) after playing more of the game.

Also, the word troll is some BS propaganda. Because I spark a conversation or add to a conversation that makes people think/debate I'm a troll. Heck most people on this thread agree anyways. Also, when you came onto the IB2 thread, I greeted you with arms wide open and just made logical rebuttal after rebuttal.

I mean seriously people, I wonder why our economy is so great right now? (this is a troll comment)
    /blatant sarcasm

I'm not a troll but someone who wants to see gaming experiences go up, not down. It's not like I just straight up dissed you and called you every name in the book. Then proceeded to talk about your heritage and tell you your taste in gaming sucks. Then use your name in one of my reviews to state AppStore Vampirism, which is real and heavily expressed by developers that I've talked to. Devs who make good game and try and sell them for reasonable prices. All of that was trolling.

I'm not sensitive, I just call people out. Like you've said before, if I'm not mistaken, this is a forum, why can't I express what I feel about a game.

If I was not tactful enough, I apologize! If you thought I was trolling then just rebuttal me or ignore me. I'm sure you will after this post; maybe not.

Sorry if this was a bit sporadic and unorganized, but I'm trying to multitask.

It's also amazing that the person that takes the time out of their day and writes impressions, reviews, answers questions, and does a lot of TOFTT is a troll. Gaming is unfortunately subjective, which is why we have a Forum for it! And i typically don't complain unless being called a "TROLL".

***I wonder how many people actually finished reading this post lol :D

20. Madman100

Jul 6, 2011
    U took the troll comment kinda serious, let me explain shortly. Because I posted a small comment u replied to me with a large effort to tack on more of the same. That's y I felt trolled into an unwanted discussion.

Also, the IB discussion was a lot different. I posted a comment and literally got bombarded with replies (much like this same situation but worse), some warranting replying to and some not. ALSO, SG is a mere 200mb compressed. As much as I'd like to end this conversation on a good note I have to say, get your facts straight, grow some thicker skin, and stop hating. Peace, bud. I look fwd to your impressions on WoM.