Dungeon Hunter 3 by Gameloft

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by LBG, Nov 2, 2011.

1. chriser

chriser Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2010
    those are status bars from six guns and dungeon hunter 3:
    same-freemium-sh*t!

[​IMG]

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Totally agree. If this was released as an Arena title like you say i could understand, but gutted after the superb DH1 and DH2 then they release something like this as the 3rd installment.

Hope my other favourite game Aralon doesnt turn into a card based strategy game when the sequel comes out next year ! ;)

3. Taytay

Taytay Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    damn this is free to lol damn it looks like only modern combat & nova will be the only series that might stay paid, i also hope asphalt stays paid imagine having to really buy cars or tracks .........lol ohh gameloft i guess you trully are sick or piracy & people asking for refunds

4. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    GT Racing: Motor Academy. Pulled the full version that I bought for $6.99, and threw in a freemium game close to what you described. It's already been done.

5. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    I hate freemium as much as the next guy, but there are some examples of it done right. One is Bullet Time by kloo. You can pay extra for all the best weaponry up front, but you can get by without it. After playing Six-gun, I'm kinda impressed by that too: so far, yes it does interrupt you occasionally with prompts to go to the in-game store, but I haven't been forced to buy anything. i'm going to play more and see if that changes, but so far this isn't a bad thing at all. then again, you can't be sure until you play. i'd still rather pay up front for a complete game, but if its a semi-agreeable freemium system, I won't be too disappointed.

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Exactly, thats been my major argument with others the last week or so. 6 Guns/Bullet Time i didnt (so far) have to buy any IAP's. I've enjoyed both so i've purposely bought a few things (eg £1.99 or £2.99) as i feel i would have bought the game for that price if it wasnt freemium. I wont be buying 999999 credits for £80 or anything crazy. But so far so good. If on another level/world my weapons are rubbish and the only way to get further is to buy lots of coins for higher weapons then i'll start to moan.

Just wish Dungeon Hunter 3 was like the original two. Cant believe they've changed it.

7. Greg G

Greg G Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    I won't disagree other than to say that I dont want arena style DH, I want to loot stuff and build my character up and pursue at least a thin pretense of a story. If I want Gun Bros there is already a sword fighting version of that to play. This would have been a launch day full price purchase for me. Perhaps all the .99 sales have backfired on GameLoft since for most other games by them I now wait for the sale.

8. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Yeah i'm with you there. I know GL is famous for having corny storylines, but the fact that they're not even trying anymore is sad. The game just won't be the same without a big world to explore and quest in.

9. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    #130 GoofyJmaster., Dec 9, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
    Ah! Herein lies my ultimate problem with Six Guns! No story, devoid of all life, mediocre gameplay (especially when you think of Gameloft's flagship games and other newer games), mediocre fun (subjective, but wow to all the people that enjoy this dull gameplay), and no immersive qualities due to the SNG feel and marketing strategies implemented into the game.

Resulting in a very shallow, lifeless husk of a game that's only purpose is to get you to serve your wallet on a silver platter! Nothing more, nothing less!

The only games that have ever received IAP money from me are Bullet Time, Siegecraft, and Please Stay Calm! However, these will probably be my last...well, maybe Chillingo games. I wish Stretched had gifts like Let Me Out because I would've gifted it to two people! Oh well!

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #131 psj3809, Dec 9, 2011
    For a game like this i dont think you need a storyline when its basically just fight/fight/fight. Could be like an 'updated' Gauntlet style game where you just had monster after monster in various dungeons (arenas).

But i cant believe they abandoned one of the best RPG's to make it like this, should have had this as a seperate title away from DH.

As for the continuing discussion about Six Guns, fair enough some people dont like it, others do. To me its like an offline Order & Chaos, still needs work but not bad. Its not like the complete farce which was Warm Gun !

11. Kharma

Kharma Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2011
    #132 Kharma, Dec 9, 2011
    from watching the video, the game don't deserve to be part of Dungeon Hunter. :(

12. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Only gameloft game I've enjoyed this year is MC3, but I heard it was made by a different studio in Montreal so... This is a flop. Guys, how about everyone contacts Gameloft with cr@ppy feedback? Maybe they'll realize their customers are leaving if this continues.

13. Kharma

Kharma Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2011
    We don't need to. They'll realize it sooner or later.

14. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Yeah I guess so, I'm just so mad of what they're doing... I wish March of Heroes would've been released :(

15. Kharma

Kharma Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2011
    i know right!! sad! :(

16. chriser

chriser Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2010
    i also like gangstar 3 and backstab.
    Generally i think gameloft is great game company. But these days when so many people steals their products, quality of games is decreasing. I think they should stop making freemium games and rise the prices of games.

17. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

The Game just died for me when i save the "Wave...".

18. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    saw* and yeah. I don't like wave games, will probably not even pick up BF3 unless mp is awesome.

19. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Only really liked MC3, Order & Chaos, and Starfront. It hasn't been an amazing year for them. 9mm and Rainbow Six were pretty decent as well.