Dungeon Hunter 3 by Gameloft

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by LBG, Nov 2, 2011.

1. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    I mean it is the most lucrative revenue method.

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
  3. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    #103 GoofyJmaster., Dec 8, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  4. Instead of a sprawling adventure, DH3 consists of a series of arenas like Gun Bros or Asteroids: Gunner. At launch, DH3 will have four worlds with 20 levels each, and each level will consist of around three waves of enemies.

*cringe*

5. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    "There are a few other freemium gimmicks you should be aware of as well. When you buy a new suit of armor, you'll have to wait a bit for the virtual blacksmith to get it ready-- we were faced with a two hour countdown clock for one piece of gear. Instead of waiting, you can pay gems to speed up the smithing and get back into the arena."

I don't think it gets worse than this.

6. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Oh god. Not what I wanted to see when I stopped in this thread. Damn you Gameloft!

7. Greg G

Greg G Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Horrible news! Why do they need to destroy the Dungeon Hunter franchise and create something every Dungeon Hunter fan will be disappointed by? Is it that hard to write a story? Do they really think we are stupid enough to think this is the same game? Couldn't they have built DH3 properly and released a new gun bros style game with a new name? Heck, I'd rather they cancel the series than bastardize it this way. DH1 and DH2 are two of my favorite iPad games. I'm not saying that I don't enjoy a little gun bros every now and then but I'm so disappointed that there will be no real DH3. I hope they make no money on this but I fear they will. I hope that this is not the wave of the future. I want real games for iPad! Thank goodness for Bards Tale coming out to soften the blow a bit.

-Greg

8. RazvanGNR

RazvanGNR Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
  9. chriser

chriser Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2010
    big disappointment again :(

10. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    It's going to be 3 in a row!

NFL Pro 2012
    Six Guns
    Dungeon Hunter 3

11. bagofeyes

bagofeyes Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2011
    Australia
    lol f*ck gameloft

12. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    F*ck Gameloft indeed. I've been a fan of their games for years, but recently their games have been getting worse and worse. Six-guns was very disappointing, and this looks just as bad.

13. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I actually dont mind Six Guns. BUT i'm gutted with this one from what i've read. Dungeon Hunter I was the first game which really got me hooked to iOS gaming. Loved the sequel, played both of those to completion

But then i read Dungeon Hunter 3 is more 'arena based' rather than a huge RPG with missions/side quests etc. IF thats true i'll be gutted

Was really looking forward to this one, i'll obviously give it a try as i'm sure it'll be free but i wanted a huge Diablo RPG type game not just constant Gun Bros arenas.

14. vibliribland

vibliribland Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2011
    Impressive of the supposedly biggest company in iOS gaming to make DH3 basically a dual stick Shooter.
    Like there isn't enough of them.

Gangstar RIO was the last game I'll buy from them in a loooooong time.

They got a responsibility to drive this plattform forward, to expand and make it a propper gaming plattform, that is their responsibility as the company to release some of the most grund breaking games yet.

Sigh

15. Almy

Almy Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    An arena-based tower defense game. Wow...just wow.

16. dexx0008

dexx0008 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    +1 :eek:

17. mobilegame08

mobilegame08 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
  18. Greg G

Greg G Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    I love the idea that this way people can play without being "bothered with a back story.". Not that there was much story in 1 and 2 but the bit that was there tied it all together. I guess Gun Bros makes more money than DH. I wish they showed some respect to their previous customers and release this as Dungeon Hunters Arena or something and then still had a real version for those of us willing to pay for a game and want it to have some substance.

19. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    I actually don't mind the arena-based gameplay that they showed for DH3, but I completely agree with this statement. Leave DH 3/4/5 for the standard dungeon crawlers, and give this one a different DH title if it's going to be a spinoff. This reminds me of Square and how they named FF 11/14, which was just atrocious.