Dungeon Hunter 3 by Gameloft

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by LBG, Nov 2, 2011.

1. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Come on dont be stupid. I'm raging not because its free (wouldnt argue if it was $5 or $10) but i was expecting another great Dungeon Hunter RPG, bought the first two and LOVED them. So was expecting a similar RPG for the third, but nope its just a boring arena game. Should rename it something else as i think a lot of people will expect an RPG and will be bitterly disappointed

2. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    You know, I'll be checking this out as soon as it's released.

I'll just have to grin and bear the IAP, but hopefully the delay means someone working on this woke up and realised how much drivel Six Guns was.

Yes the IAP will piss me off immensely (if it's anything like Six Guns), but the videos look pretty good.

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I would probably like this if they called it Dungeon Hunter Arena (does what it says on the tin) and announced Dungeon Hunter III coming out later next year.

But as this isnt happening the only huge RPG i'm looking forward to now is the sequel to Aralon (sometime next year apparently)

4. Stream

Stream Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Student
    Australia
    December 21.

5. Jtown4prez

Jtown4prez Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Well its not, you will just have to deal with the path they chose

6. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Or keep complaining til the FIX it.. :rolleyes:

No but seriously I agree with the following quote down to the letter.

I honestly hope GL would visit this site and heed the advice, even though it would not affect their take on freemium games since (no matter how much the same people constantly trash it) it's obviously in demand, they could make the name change and satisfy a whole lot of people, me included.

I'm sure in the release thread we'll see (by the same bunch) "played for 5 min and deleted" alongside "freemium? Garbage" and the usual "gameplay SUCKS, don't download" that comes with every freemium release.. I very much look fwd to playing this, although I do wish they would continue the series with a proper sequel instead of an arena. That said, there is no doubt in my mind this game looks great.

As always, my humble opinion.

7. MrAlakazam

MrAlakazam Active Member

Dec 16, 2011
    This looks interesting... will be looking forward to this!

8. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    ^Hey great, Mr Shill Poster is looking forward to it ;)

When is this actually out ? Dungeon Hunter was one of the first games i ever got on iOS earlier this year so i'm a huge fan of this series. Hmmm we'll see anyway once its out whether its all doom and gloom or not

9. MrAlakazam

MrAlakazam Active Member

Dec 16, 2011
    "Shill poster"... I don't think thats fair (actually quite annoying)... just because I have one post. And is it just possible that I may not have devoted hours of my life to ios games... and that this is totally new to me?

Is there a certain number of "posts" I'm supposed to have before I should have an opinion?

10. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Gameloft doesn't do shill posts. Good or not, their crap will sell instantly.

Sadly, it's a pretty common practice on these and other forums, so you have to at least understand where he's coming from.

Now that you have more that one (or 10) posts, welcome to the forums!

11. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Gotta love the comment about the same bunch of people that play for 5min, delete, and complain about all freemium games.

Because we can all tell how long someone played the game. Gimme a break! I put a long, arduous 45 minutes into Six Guns. I honestly just couldn't play anymore. Also, I haven't bashed all freemium titles. Some I can deal with even though I don't like the model. Every dev I've tested for always asks does our IAP feel too heavy handed. Most also express that they'd love to sell their games at a premium price. It takes people who play games, the devs, and even Apple to help change the this, what I think, horrible trend; not a bunch of complacent people saying that it's the route they're taking so let's just deal with it. I wonder if this is the same type of mind set that people apply to they're regular daily lives.

At this point it's not even about the freemium model, it's about the quality of the game. Plus, one of the reasons the freemium model was brought up so heavily for SG was because it was intrusive for the most part. Also, IMO the SNG elements through off the balance/harmony of the game.

I guess, I'll just b*tch and complain to the end and go down with my sinking ship if need be!

**I'd also prefer for Gameloft to change the name to Dungeon Hunter Arena! I'm already predicting an onslaught of people buying the game not knowng what it really is. I see this in the AppStore a lot!

12. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    I think if you start discussing on big game threads like MC3, GTA3 etc. and talk about them like every other, then people will see you're not a shill poster

13. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Apologies. Had a few recently so sorry for presuming. Obvious you're not so sorry about that

14. Keyeszx

Keyeszx Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Is it just an arena mode where you fight wave after wave? Doesn't sound as fun as DH2.

15. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    I've played maybe an hour and a half of SG. It's obviously not the best game ever for the iOS. It's the most polished freemium game to date. It's hard to find motivation to continue playing a game that doesn't actually lead anywhere. For the same reason, I have never tried Warcraft, or even Order and Chaos, and cannot imagine ever getting into any MMO. Leveling up seems to be the only point, and that's not motive enough for me.

In defense of these freemium games, I'm a notorious sampler. I often buy full priced games, even console games, just so that I can sample them, play them for a relatively short period of time, come nowhere near beating them, and then move on to something else. Heck, I haven't put more then a couple hours into Skyrim. I have video game ADD. I own more games on more systems then anyone can ever imagine, and play many of them sparingly, and, believe it or not, some of them I never play. Yeah, it's a sickness.

Point is, for a notorious video game sampler like me, this is fairly awesome. I probably wouldn't have played Six Guns any more even if I'd paid $6.99 for it. Whether I paid $6.99, or got it for free, I played it for the same amount of time.

In that sense, Freemium isn't such a bad thing after all.

I'll sample Dungeon Hunter 3 for free, then I'll play something else. Where Gameloft loses is in the fact that I would've paid $6.99 just to sample the game. Now I don't gotta pay a thing.

I'll never pay for a Freemium game. It's their loss, not mine.

16. Madman100

Jul 6, 2011
    this proves my point -
    --

No argument needed. Again, get over me.

17. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    You still don't know how long he played for. Stop saying get over you this is a forum and we're talking about the same game. Seriously, come on. You act like this is the only thread that I post on and you're the only person I reply to. Grow up!

You don't have to reply back to me, this thread, or even look at my posts.

18. Madman100

Jul 6, 2011
    Some people can't help but act childish on the Internet.

--

Is there an official release date, or is it the usual surprise release from GL?? I'd love to know.

19. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    It's confirmed for next week via FB.

20. Madman100

Jul 6, 2011
    Awesome. Here's hoping it doesn't bug too much with IAP.