Universal Dungeon Faster (by Old Oak Den)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Royce, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Pavel Širůček

Pavel Širůček Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2019
    Male
    Thank you very much for your words.
    I will doublecheck this issue with teeth. Thanks for feedback.

Here is a discord channel:
    https://discord.gg/GANrkU
    and here Reddit community:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DungeonFaster/

2. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    I am little concerned that the artwork for this game is basically a direct rip off of Evgeny Viitman’s work (Meteorfall).
    He confirmed on Twitter that this is not done by him.

3. Pavel Širůček

Jun 21, 2019
    Male
    #23 Pavel Širůček, Jan 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    Yes, I'm big fan of Evgeny Viitman and I'm inspired by his great art. But it's not copy or something like that. I mentioned this fact many times on forums, Twitter etc.
    With some part of graphic content helped me my friend Petr Stefek and he is mentioned in credits. Same here, big Evgeny's fan.

4. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    Ok, I only mention this because he commented on it. You may want to reach out to him.

adin and Pavel Širůček like this.
  5. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Sounds perfectly reasonable to me, I don’t see why it matters personally. Pretty much every game shares graphical ideas and themes with something that’s been done before it.

Ijipop, macplash and Pavel Širůček like this.
  6. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    I agree, it’s just that the artist saw a tweet on this release and felt like he was being copied. It’s just a courtesy I would say, to avoid any issues.

Pavel Širůček likes this.
  7. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    There’s a difference between copying someone else’s style and taking inspiration in it. I’d be honored if someone admired my work that much. Especially if there’s a proper credit given. So I’d suggest to consider this topic resolved and focus on other aspects of this fantastic game besides its art style and where the inspiration of it came from, shall we?

8. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    The game is pretty great so far. Love the tile-reveal and card mechanics combo.
    Is there a specific differentiation between the tiles with symbols and the ones without?

9. Slate

Slate Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2015
    Game Taster
    Wisconsin
    #29 Slate, Jan 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    I agree with Macplash. This game is pretty good. It is great that it is free with no obtrusive ads. I can only hope that the dev can make it work relying just on donations.

My favorite type of game is roguelike and I have not found a game in quite some time that has captured my attention as long as this one has. I have played all morning and am finally taking a break from it.

The best part is that as I progress in it it feels like I am accomplishing something which I feel is rare among games. As I have been playing I have learned ways to live longer and avoid the inevitable death.

The worst part is knowing that I am going to die and it can happen quite suddenly but like I said before, the more I have played, the more I have learned to stave off death until... well... it catches up with me.

All in all I highly recommend trying this game out. It’s clear that a lot of work was put into it.

Pavel Širůček likes this.
  10. Pavel Širůček

Jun 21, 2019
    Male
    You need the runes for playing the cards. So you must to tap on the tiles where these are. On tile with the rune you will recieve the rune and maybe something else what is hidden in the dark on this tile.

11. Myrkul

Myrkul Active Member

Mar 13, 2018
    Anyway to know what the card do before playing it?

12. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    You drag a card to magnifying glass for its description. For titles you just tap and hold.

Pavel Širůček and Myrkul like this.
  13. Myrkul

Myrkul Active Member

Mar 13, 2018
    Thanks!

14. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    This game is amazing. So much work an love put into it you can see it from the very first second. Gonna buy iap to support the dev. These kind of games and monetisation models as far as iaps go should be supported IMHO.

15. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Nice game Pavel. Ever since Red Winter ruined their original masterpiece, I’ve been hoping for a worthy Dungelot replacement. Really enjoying so far and had no hesitation purchasing royalty upgrade.

Ijipop likes this.
  16. Pavel Širůček

Jun 21, 2019
    Male
    Thank you very much for support! I'm happy that you are enjoiyng Dungeon Faster. I will do my best with new updates etc. ;)

17. Pavel Širůček

Jun 21, 2019
    Male
    Thank you very much for your words and support! Very appreciated!

sakara214ever likes this.
  18. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Wow! This is my game of the week!
    (Maybe game of the month?)

It is a really polished well executed game.
    Yes visually it reminds me a bit of Meteorfall but not in a bad/copying way. It still have it’s charm of it’s own.

I know the business model is not for everyone but it is my favorite one. I gladly upgraded to KING!!!!

Thank you dev! This is a game done right!

Can’t wait to see what will be coming next!!!

19. dasaff1

dasaff1 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2010
    How do I level up the hero to raise their ATK and DEF above 10?

20. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Usually I can figure games out but I find this very confusing just to understand what's going on.