Universal Dungeon Falan (by Happy Doze)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Oct 19, 2020.

1. boorch

boorch Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    happydoze.com
    Hmm I think I have an idea what the problem might be. In general I store the total fame locally but send it to Game Center when you get back to the main menu. And unlocks check the score received from Game Center so probably one is happening before the other one. In theory I think when you kill the app and restart it, the score is refreshed by the last score that has been sent to GC. I will try to implement a “backup” local score check that will fiz this issue. Thanks for the info!

I suspect there’s some weird behaviour going on with the “Skeleton King” boss (the one that converts healing potions to coin) this guy was giving me so much trouble during the beta, I thought I covered all the possible scenarios but maybe it still exists. Can you confirm it had something to do with Skeleton King? Otherwise maybe it’s another type of bug and I’ll have to look elsewhere.

Cheers!

2. boorch

boorch Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    happydoze.com
    Btw, is the player called “_cometti” here? I see in the leaderboards, he has a high score of 893.932 (in a single run!) and I thought it wouldn’t be possible to go that far. :) I wonder if he/she abuses a bug, if you’re here, please DM me and we can talk whether if it’s a bug or if it’s a strategy, I’d like to know about it :)

3. Norf

Norf Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2020
    I'm sorry, I can't say which one it was - my vague memory was "one that destroys blocks around it" but I have very low confidence in that. I *think* I ended up dealing the killing blow to it with reflect damage, if that helps at all?

I can say that the overlay bug was solved on the restart (which I forgot to say before) and the tracing bug is replicable. This time it kicked in on turn 616.

Also, re: none of the above - it's cool that fireball can kill bosses, yeah, or is that another possible problem source? Cause it does - IIRC hack notes it can't, disarm notes it can't, but fireball does it.

Finally, I've also noticed that sometimes I get hit by enemies after using fireball. Not sure why since usually I think enemies don't get turns when I use skills.

4. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    I’ve played for some time, made it somewhat up there on the leaderboard, but there is one thing I don’t understand. Is there a reason to spread the armor upgrade?

5. Norf

Norf Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2020
    I think not, until you max it out or don't want to replace an upgrade.

Jstorm likes this.
  6. boorch

boorch Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    happydoze.com
    Thanks for the detailed explanation. I was already suspecting it may have something to do with reflect damage. I will check it.

And yes, Disarm and Hack (conversion skills) can’t kill bosses but Fireball and Slash (insta-damage skills) can.

I will also investigate why Fireball is advancing the turn.

Cheers!

7. boorch

boorch Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    happydoze.com
    The shield given by the next better item is increasing exponentially, it goes like +1, +3, +5 etc so you should decide between stacking upgrades on a weaker item or get the better item for more shield points. Everything except the weapon (armor, helmet, shield) give you shield points so you can keep one and stack on its upgrades and also get the next (better) item for another category, stacking shield points. And you have the possibility to go either way for the third defensive item.

Jstorm likes this.
  8. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    #68 Jstorm, Oct 27, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    Thanks for the response.
    Actually, starting from +3, I am getting multiple items of the same tier before moving on to the next tier. For example, I have to purchase 3-4 +3 items, before the shop starts offering +4.

This seems to be the same with all the armor types, so it feels like just upgrading one type of the armor types seems a better choice than spreading the armor upgrades.

Maybe offer different sub-stat? Say, helm -x% of dodge, shield -y% of block, and torso having more armor values. Maybe relate those % with the tier, as well as int, dex, and str stats.

Also, I don’t see the point of taking item upgrades over character upgrade with the frequency of item replacement. Why bother taking a temporarily upgrade over a permanent upgrade, that isn’t even significantly stronger than a permanent one? I think values for item upgrades need to be higher to even be considered.

9. boorch

boorch Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    happydoze.com
    Those are great suggestions. I’ve took notes of these to the the feature list document. I’m experimenting with features suggested by players and I include the ones that work well with each other!

Cheers!

vectorarchitekt, Jstorm and Lull4by like this.
  10. Norf

Norf Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2020
    A few more bugs:
    - Slash can also cause the enemies to get to attack, as well as Fireball. I lost my best run to date due to this (ranked in top 20 on Normal leaderboards, but I'm not saying who).
    - Shield Echo can have a cooldown lower than 5. This could potentially be on purpose, but as a mage, I noticed in a run that after collecting mana potions my Shield Echo skill was greyed out without a cooldown number on it. Holding my thumb over it, I learned that its cooldown had somehow been set to -2.

11. Norf

Norf Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2020
    Word on patch? My games are on hold due to several games in a row bugging out.

Not complaining, just wondering about timeline. Everyone's gotta get by these days!

12. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Love the new update w/boss rush mode!

13. Norf

Norf Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2020
    Fireball still advancing turn vs some bosses.
    Stats still list reducing skill duration after they no longer do so.

14. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Every now and then, my game that I was playing disappears after the phone’s ram dump. Most of the time the continue option is there but once in a while it totally resets

15. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    #75 DaviddesJ, May 19, 2021
    Last edited: May 19, 2021
    It seems that on a turn when I level up, the countdowns don't decrease as they should. And the enemies don't attack. Basically it's like the turn counter doesn't advance and I get a "free turn". This is only a small "problem".

Conversely, there's a timing issue that sometimes happens if I hit a skill button when the last skill is still resolving, then it does advance the turn when it shouldn't and the enemies attack. I've died a couple of times this way. This is a big problem.

Another minor bug/issue: During level-up, I get offered an option to reduce cooldowns from 5 to 4. But when I choose it the cooldown is still 5.

16. Gerson

Gerson Member

Nov 23, 2021
    Male
    I completed 5 achievements, there are 5 more that I don't know how to get, I've seen that some players got Recruit = 2000+ points and Hero = 3000+ points, any tips or help?

17. boorch

boorch Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    happydoze.com
    #77 boorch, Feb 6, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2022
    Hey guys! Long time no see!

Here's a (somewhat) surprise update!

[​IMG]
    Welcome to Dungeon Falan 2.0!

I couldn't have released 2.0 without the immense support of TouchArcade followers! I'm a one man indie studio so during the beta period for 2.0, TouchArcade community submitted an immense amount of bug reports with very detailed explanations and I wouldn't be able to make this release without them! Thanks a lot!

### NEW CONTENT ###
    - New Bosses
    - New Skills
    - Generative Music*
    - Remastered UI graphics
    - A new "How to" section with more tips

### META CHANGES ###
    - Consumables! Some skills are transformed to be "Consumable Skills", allowing more flexible character builds!
    - Reworked Meta (Weapons and Gear have special stats now)
    - Sequential Boss Spawns
    - Class-specific Stats and Skills have greater difference to provoke dramatically different play styles

### TECHNICAL ###
    - Landscape Orientation is now supported on iPadOS and macOS (Catalyst on M1 Macs)!
    - Dozens of bugs fixed!
    - Gamepad support! (I know it's weird, but some people asked for it, so I delivered!)

(*)Generative Music is composed on-the-fly depending on the class and board you choose, and tension of the soundtrack increases dynamically as you get closer to a Boss Spawn!

I've just "released" the update so it should have already started to roll out worldwide! If somehow you don't see the 2.0 update, please close App Store completely and open a bit later (this can be mere minutes or hours and I have no control over it).

Cheers!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hjhdhd and Echoseven like this.
  18. boorch

boorch Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    happydoze.com
    Here's some promo codes for those of you don't have it already!

Y6JEANJWJPJY

WYKKTLA7N747

3KXMAYJTATXH

LKANAHKA6JEX

3LM9RJFRXL3X

FNW7THMAWXJ7

L46K3YA7TY4T

TLJ7RJW6TA4E

NP9T6KEF6F7A

NMFXAMFPXMN4

19. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member