Dungeon Defenders - Second Wave (Trendy Entertainment)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by PMasher@TrendyEnt, Nov 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PMasher@TrendyEnt

PMasher@TrendyEnt Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    #1 PMasher@TrendyEnt, Nov 1, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
    Hey all, Dungeon Defenders: Second Wave will be launching as a free update to DD:FW this Thursday, 11/3! We've addressed a lot of the issues you and TA have complained about as well as added in new content and more. Enjoy!

This version has chase cam as the default controls with an invisible analog stick on the left to move and the ability to flick the camera to the left and right on the right side of the screen. From the options you can also toggle a touchpad, or a completely user controlled camera mode (flick up and down to zoom, left and right to spin on the right side of your screen). We've also changed the position of some of the controls, added in new content, changed all the menus so they're mobile friendly (a.k.a readable), added in a purchasable PvP mode called Arena, upped the level cap to 80, and more! Oh, and not to mentioned optimized it so it runs even better on the iPhone 4S and iPad 2 with iOS 5.0!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

Nice!! Saw this announced an age ago lol so its nice to see its a free update! :) thanks!

3. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    This is indeed great news as I was expecting a separate game. Thanks Trendy! :)

4. Barcâ

Barcâ Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    OMFG!!! YAY!!!!!!!!! Holy crap am i excited. Please tell me theres some way to re-download character info if you accidentally delete the game and/or delete the character?!!

5. PMasher@TrendyEnt

PMasher@TrendyEnt Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    You can send an email to [email protected] when it releases and we might be able to help you a bit ;).

6. Nokage

Nokage Member

Oct 14, 2011
    OMG! Awesome news! Like some others I was expecting to news of a new game when I clicked the link. Great to see all this is being included in an update.

To be honest, you had me at "chase cam". :D

7. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Wow, that is *great* news.

8. Arkais

Arkais Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Looks very cool! I was interested in this when it released but was unsure about the performance and resolution on the 3Gs. I have the 4s now, so I am thinking about picking this one up, as the update looks to add a lot of content.

For those that have played this game, how fun is the multiplayer, and does it have replayability?

9. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Omg, free update? Freaking awesome. Looking forward to this.

10. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    If this updates turns out to be a win on the 4G I'll definitely be adding this to my device again!

11. I saw that the icon for DD changed on Game Center a while ago and was wondering if we were going to see an update soon. Hopefully this will run better on my iPhone 4.

12. WeskerWario

WeskerWario Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    -none at the moment-
    Florida
    Does this have a cloud saving-like feature? I'm tired of losing my characters when I need to free up space?

13. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    I heard this runs like crap on iPod 4G, so I never bought it. :(

14. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Wow great to hear this will be a free update. I bought dungeon defenders at 5 bucks and it dropped to like $0.99 or $1.99 the next day. The animus things look sweet. Hopefully this runs better on iPhone 4.

15. LN3000

LN3000 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    TARDIS
    Woah, awesome to hear that it's a free upgrade for the existing app! Loving the new PC version, and I can't wait for the day when I can play on OSX as well!

16. marker1c

marker1c Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2010
    Philipines
    Playing this on my ipad 2, and the experience is superb as it is compared to its smaller screen counterparts

17. TaiyrTress

TaiyrTress Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Gaming? Or something cool. :)
    Unicorn fun park.
    *praises you for not screwing us iOS dungeon defender lovers over* PLUSS Free content?!!? Picking the real game up on steam now. <3 you trendy.

18. kingpukka

kingpukka Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2011
    #18 kingpukka, Nov 2, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
    i bought it now :D

19. Yeater42

Yeater42 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Please add color customization like the 360 version.

20. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Can't wait! Spent so much time playing this game, sadly I'll have to re level up my character since I lost him (when everyone did) and stopped playing.