iPad Dungeon Defenders: Second Wave - (by Trendy Ent) (v6.7)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 15, 2010.

1. freemini

freemini Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Stavanger, Norway
    I'm getting jealous on you dudes from NZ.. You're getting all the games with a few healthy hours before the rest of the world.

2. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

#82 killercow, Dec 15, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
    Really quickly:
    Beautiful and deep game, run smoothly (4g ipod touch). Well made tutorial (i love the voice) that explains all you need to know, really challenging game, i wasn't expecting so much difficulty on the medium level, i died at the 3rd wave on the first mission. Really great music, controls are spot on though the inferance is full of things and may be cluttered for some( that's when an ipad comes handy i think, can't wait to try it on mine!). That's because there's a lot of action possible in the game. you can go to your tavern to plan missions ahead and connect with friends, supports game center for online play and achievements, campaign mode with 4 difficulty levels and challenges (survival, classic...), 4 distinct classes, lot's of loot, level up system, forge system.... You can share object with other players as well that's all for now!

3. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Wow, the first evidence in the thread that anyone outside the US plays video games! LOL

Thank you for the impressions.

4. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Thanks for the impressions killercow, now it's just the waiting game.

5. scarypharaoh

scarypharaoh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Medical Professional
    With Carmen Sandiego
    the waiting game sucks!
    Who's for hungry hungry hippos???:)

6. MoHeyNow

MoHeyNow Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Anyone know if this game supports chat (voice or otherwise) online? Looking for a good multiplayer game the girlfriend and I can play while she's away. Sorry if the answer's here somewhere already, but I haven't seen reference to this yet.

7. Nekcik

Nekcik Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Aiken, South Carolina
    Yes this game supports chat ( voice ) over wifi but not 3G however it will play over 3G I believe just not have to chat function. Don't have the link to where this was posted from. And my iPhone battery is almost dead so I can't really go digging for the quote. But I'm 100% sure if it helps.

8. MoHeyNow

MoHeyNow Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Good stuff, thank you!:D

9. Co2Lninja

Co2Lninja Active Member

Apr 7, 2010
    This may have been already asked but does this game only have multiplayer? Or does it have single player also?

10. Kylescorpion

Kylescorpion Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Add me on gc for some games later. (I'm from the us so) :p

11. PMasher@TrendyEnt

PMasher@TrendyEnt Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Everything that can be done in multiplayer can in singleplayer as well. It's just... harder :p.

12. killercow

hey just some feedback:
    -Could it be possible to have a swipe camera instead of a button based one? I think it's more practical .

13. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    I think I read the whole thread and there isn't a single detailed feedback. :eek: I noticed it tends hints the game is sort of "not boring but nothing very noteworthy". So that's it, mildly fun but not really noteworthy?

14. gospel9

gospel9 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Would like to know if we can respec in the game (must have IMO) and how many save slots are we getting, if any.

15. killercow

You can create multiple heroes and change them between waves to create some combinations on defences.

16. killercow

Haven't you seen my post on the previous page? And i think the feature list pretty much sums it list, if that's not "noteworthy" i don't know what is seriously.

17. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Ha cool I was sure to have check all posts, thank you, going get find your post.

18. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

Read another thread, does this have online multiplayer w/ voice chat?

19. PMasher@TrendyEnt

PMasher@TrendyEnt Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    I think this is mostly because the game is only out in NZ/JP, and not in the US yet. Hopefully there's a lot more feedback starting at midnight.

Also, we like to think the 4-player co-op in this game is fairly noteworthy for a mobile game :).

Here are some impressions and 5 minutes of video from Kotaku:
    http://kotaku.com/5713915/on-my-ipad-an-ambitious-tower-defense-game-in-world-of-warcraft-clothing

20. DrNub

DrNub Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2010
    The Great White North
    Is this suppose to be a DOTA rip off game? Looks really interesting :)