iPad Dungeon Defenders: Second Wave - (by Trendy Ent) (v6.7)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Avigrace

Avigrace Active Member

Mar 27, 2009
    I am updating to 4.2 even with a tethered jailbreak just for this game.

2. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Yep, it requires 4.2 to play this game. I updated just for this game, I can live without jailbreak but I don't think I can live without this game. :D

3. JMarceLF

JMarceLF Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    CHEF
    California
    Not one person has 4.2 yet and played the game??? I think this game is the most exciting of the bunch. It is afterall the second game using the Unreal Engine! I guess I'll have to post my own impressions at 8pm? No one cares about your jailbreaking woes.

4. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars
    CAN SOMEONE PLEASE 'PLAY' THIS GAME!!!

This thread is talking about everything EXCEPT the gameplay. It would be helpful for the entire community if someone would post impressions/review of the actual gameplay.

Pretty freakin' please, with a cherry on top.

5. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Could you at TrendyEnt please make this game support 4.1? No cash untill then. :(

6. ojtitus

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Unfortunately I have to wait at least another eight and a half hour before I can play it, so I'm right there with you on wanting impressions.

7. ojtitus

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    I don't think they will because if I remember correctly the ipad didn't have gamecenter integration until 4.2 and this is a universal app. Sorry for the double post. :D

8. freemini

freemini Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Stavanger, Norway
    sorry, they don't support jailbreakers. I'm not saying you're pirating, actually thanks for your videos on RR2 and BC2 :D. Too bad you won't be able to post a video about this one.

9. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Huh sorry to wake you up but there's a jailbreak for 4.2.1... But please let's not start a "pirate or not" flamewar

10. freemini

Sep 8, 2010
    Stavanger, Norway
    I know there is lol, but it's tethered and most people don't like tethered jailbreaks at all(I don't mind it, it's on my iPad after all...)

11. Der-Kleine

Yea, but updating to 4.2.1 would be quite abit of work.

Also, none of the new features in 4.2.1 look interesting to me (airplay/print).

12. WilliamG

WilliamG Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    For all you idiots saying jailbreaking = piracy, you're idiots. My iPhone 4 is jailbroken at 4.1, and that's exclusively for SBSettings and BiteSMS. I will not be upgrading for this game.

That said, my iPad isn't jailbroken as I didn't see the need. So, I'll buy it for my iPad. Still a bit silly that it doesn't work on anything less than 4.2.

13. Serian

Serian Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2010
    I forgot about this one, to the wishlist it goes!

14. 2hvy4grvty

2hvy4grvty Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    You realize if you have a 4.1 jailbreak, you can just backup your signed firmware via Cydia and use it to get a untethered 4.2 jailbreak.... right?

15. Der-Kleine

but that would be... work. :( :p

16. freemini

Sep 8, 2010
    Stavanger, Norway
    I said that because most people think that jb=piracy, since it's mostly true(read youtube comments..) and it's sad.

no, blobs are for downgrading, NOT for upgrading to a untethered jailbreak..

Back on topic: if this game is also cool, I will make quite a mess from the credit card :D

17. Der-Kleine

SBSettings is my reason to jailbreak. I don't have to restart to make my iPod run fast and there's no need to go to the settings menu to turn stuff on and off anymore. Apple should learn from them.

18. freemini

Sep 8, 2010
    Stavanger, Norway
    This, they should add a function to respring(other than changing the language and changing it again). Not to mention the awesome toggles in SBS.

19. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

yeah, sbsettings is the most usefull thing ^^
    On topic, will have impression soon, Must... Work.... Finals...

20. ojtitus

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    I totally agree but I am willing to make the sacrifice for this awesome looking game.