iPad Dungeon Defenders: Second Wave - (by Trendy Ent) (v6.7)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 15, 2010.

1. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    #3581 eev, Nov 9, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
    exactly it stays the same after spending mana and choosing it. well i thought maybe melee pets would have some action radius around the hero, but it's not how it works.

dont get me wrong, this is very good game and that's why it pisses me off seeing how developers dont want or just unable to get things done properly on iphone. and why ad, because if they really wanted to get the game running solid fps they would optimize it, maybe make some graphics or maps more simple and definetely make better ui. but if they see it as ad, part of the franchise, they probably want to keep it as pretty as possible. and there is always an excuse for it being laggy, because it's mobile version.

2. imuddy

imuddy Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Doesn't matter how good the game itself if, it doesn't run and crash every time its worthless. Bought the game and it hasn't worked once yet. ALWAYS crash on start up screen when its loading. iPhone 3gs

3. noobynoob123

noobynoob123 Active Member

Jul 8, 2011
    FPS needs to be improved. The controls take awhile to getting used to, and is still hard to use. :/

4. Barcâ

Barcâ Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    #3584 Barcâ, Nov 14, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
    This game is not meant to run on hardware that old. Granted they did their best to allow the game to run on a 3GS but the 3GS cannot handle that amount of shit.

Its not worthless.

5. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    lol, i wrote some pages back when i had apprentice that i have problems with royal gardens even on easy, but that was level 41 hero and the win was close. now with a new installed game i started with huntress, i can deal with previous maps on hard and insane but gardens even on easy no. when ogres and wyverns come together and ogres get some speed boost the traps are almost useless and gg. tried to do it online but always with some low level players and it does not work. then one game, me 73 and two apprentices with 75 level, easy level royal gardens. ok, i think, now the map will be easy, because with high enough dps everyone just takes a crystal and everything is ok. but no, during the ogre and wyvern wave one of the players leaves his crystal and gg again.

6. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    #3586 eev, Nov 22, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
    well, with new update the game crashes a lot, it seems like there are some memory leaks because with time it is more and more laggy, great optimization. seems like someone who is responsible for optimization is also great designer. so he though it's good to put only one spawn point in monster fest. nice spawning with ogres and elves around, great job.

the reward system is a joke too, on such maps like monster fest on easy it's much more difficult to play than on some insane maps, but the loot and xp are ridiculous. and of course great thing with maps unlock, i finished monster fest but no new challenge unlock. the same funny thing is with ramparts, sometimes it's unlocked and sometimes not. i even won't start with item comparison, at later levels with some upgrades it becomes useless. there could be a simple option or filter to compare the original stats of the loot, but it's trendy.

some things in the pc version are different, on royal gardens it is possible to control all three crystals from one area and deal with wyverns however on ios version it's not possible, the lock in range is smaller and it makes the map much more harder to play than on pc. and lock in, the game engine is stupid enough to target things that can not be hit and ignore other enemies, good example is the boss in the throne room when you run around him but the game can target enemies on the sides. the same goes to wywerns, so it can be a bit tricky on some maps. and leveling up stuff and pets is another example of interesting way trendy does things.

leveling up takes some mana and time, because for some reason you can not level it instantly. that probably makes some sense, it limits the possibility of upgrading during the play. but why it is the same when you are in tavern and if for example you need to upgrade equipment where you need millions of mana. this takes really a lot of time because the fill meter is quite slow. so basically another ui element which is just meh. and items stats use some fancy font which is too small and it makes really hard to read it on iphone.

7. henrylkr

henrylkr Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2010
    paragraphs. use them.

8. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    well if one turns off gc mp and uses gamespy as lobby the achievements and highscores are not transferred to gc, what is the reason for it is not clear. and gamespy lobby is something of course. even not online games can be still in the list for some time. another point is with connections. if for example you wait for respawn and then game is disconnected or wifi is lost then you gonna stay in this state, no way to go back to the lobby. funny enough if you reconnect to wifi then the game continues but still you wait for respawn, nothing more happens. there are also many players with hacked items around, seems like there is no online protection system or something like that.

9. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Dungeon defenders are gettig a new DLC, Mistymire forest i think with a ton of new stuff. Hope our beloved iOS gets it too

10. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Yep. Would be nice to get the gender-alternate heroes as well.

11. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I just had confirmation from Trendy Entertainment via Twitter that there are no plans to bring any of the PC DLC to the iOS or Android versions, neither gender-alternate heroes, new heroes, or the new campaigns and maps. With no other plans announced for the mobile DD, that might pretty much mean the project has been abandoned.

12. Nekcik

Nekcik Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Aiken, South Carolina
    Wonder what ever happened to the cross-platform multiplayer they told us we would be getting a long time ago? We have a PS3 and my girlfriend wants to play on that but what's the point if I can't play with her while I am on my iPhone. And that's too bad they are not going to bring the new maps and campaigns to IOS. I showed a picture of it to my gf and she got excited and we played some Dungeon Defenders for the first time last night in over a month.

13. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
  14. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    no more updates? support from the devs?

15. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I shared this a few months back. Partly speculation, but so far, all things point to this being the truth of the state of the game:

16. Nekcik

Nekcik Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Aiken, South Carolina
    Kinda sucks actually as I just bought the PS3 version and I would have picked up the PC version as well and maybe some more IAP but since there isn't any word on Multi-platform cross over then I've kinda stopped playing. I kinda don't like leveling so many times especially since I've already lost one high level character thanks to their first save bug.

And sadly it seems like their PC version is doing pretty good it would be nice to see at least character transfers between consoles and mobile.
    All in all the reason I can't support Trendy Entertainment is because I remember reading cross platform saves and I've yet to see it which is another reason now when I see developers say things like "we'll be bringing multiplayer later on an update" or "we just wanted to bring the game out first and add multiplayer later" I now skip on the game and wait to see if they deliver.

17. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    #3597 Edmilan, Feb 28, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
    Or maybe one last update to fix bugs and maybe a way to back up our characters. From the posts above and from what's happening, pretty sure dev support is gone.

18. Patriotsman12

Patriotsman12 Member

May 10, 2012
    Does anyone have or play PVP. I've been trying to get into a game. Add me on Gamecenter if you want to get some games going. GC = Patriotsman12

19. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Is this game like the ps3 version if not what's the difference?

20. Asasnator

Asasnator Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Full time college student
    Oklahoma, OKC
    I don't have the game..but what it sounds like to me is that it is essentially the basic core game with only the 4 main characters to choose from and their is no character customization (eg. costumes/changing there color). and the max level is only 80. I have the PC version..and I am tempted to get this game, however reading some of the messages on this thread, it seems like this game was abandoned...so that's kinda scaring me away.