iPad Dungeon Defenders: Second Wave - (by Trendy Ent) (v6.7)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Is it the dragon level they're making us pay for? Instead of giving it to us for free like the Xperia players?

2. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Have you tried turning the graphics up in the options, it actually looks very good.

3. Barcâ

Barcâ Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    There is not a big enough "Face Palm" picture for the stupidity of this comment. Do as Osmiral suggested and increase the graphics slider. It looks amazing on the iPhone 4s and iPad 2. Runs great too.

4. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    Map is ok, with 20 waves of baddies. I only got upto the 6 or 7th wave on easy with my 47 huntress. As for the arena, i havent tried it yet but it really looks good basing from the videos online

5. Rivozzz

Rivozzz Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    The game is awesome. But what I don't like is the shop... I mean there is no trading at all unless you buy IAP... If you don't buy IAP then the shop is totally useless .. I mean I keep grinding and now I have 20,000. All the staff items is like 500,000 to millions. And whenevevr I gain some mana.. The prices rises steeply and the old even less expensive items disappear. It is impossible 100% to buy anything unless IAP... That's bugs me..I wish for grinders could have a chance to use the shop and buy any stuff

6. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    #3566 violentv, Nov 6, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
    Dude... I have spent over 80 mil in the shop without buying any IAPs...A good Animus pet goes for about 10 mil in the shop. It is possible to farm out gold by grinding at certain levels/difficulties so just keep at it. Always keep in mind that this isn't a casual game, you will have to invest quite a bit of time into it before you will get anywhere.

You can always initiate trading with people online too.. the folks on the Dungeon Defender IRC channel are quite a trustworthy bunch.

7. h1976

h1976 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Once u learn the tricks of the trade you would realize that buying things from the shop is expensive and yes they may require iAP or grinding and just the way it should be like other games.
    It's meant as something for lazy casual players.

If you are experienced you don't need them.

The best items are won through challenges and maps in insane difficulty, yes even the animuses.
    If you go to trendyent forum and browse through the tips there you will see that the best weapons are earned through skill not iAp.

8. Barcâ

Barcâ Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Anyone want to try the DLC map on Insane? Level 70+ Preferably level 73 and up. Hit me with a PM to set it all up.

9. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    lobby in gamespy mp has too small fonts, it's really complicated to read stuff.

10. slighmd

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    Which weapons are exclusive only to console and pc and not available on other platforms like iOS? VW guns? Laser-type guns?

11. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    It seems like whenever i try to play online nobodys on....is anyone else having trouble finding games?

12. slighmd

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    Yep same here. Searching for games with zero results on both arena and adventure mode

13. Rivozzz

Rivozzz Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    So what to do exactly to get good items without buying? Can some one mention them?

14. violentv

Nov 4, 2010
    The best items are awarded to you for clearing challenges, maps with bosses and the last few maps at various difficulties.

You should really look up the dungeon defender wiki for the list of rewards you can get from each map!

15. h1976

h1976 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    #3575 h1976, Nov 6, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
    The ramparts for example will reward you with valors bonesharder, which is huntress best weapon, some people say its the trilo gun also but thats another discussion.
    Even if you get it the stats are random. So to get the best of the best valors bonesharder with insane DPS u gotta be very lucky or run the ramparts quite a few times.

The challenge monster fest give u the blazemourn for squire.

All these weapons are not purchasable, dont know about the current patch, but from what ive seen they are not purchasable. Whatever its in the shops are high level random weapons, they are good but nowhere as good as these ultimate weapons.

The wiki doesnt do quite a good job explaining it, i would recommend trendyents forum.
    Why? Because partly the fragmented nature of the game, the rewards for the pc version, steam version and the android tegra versions are different for some bad reason.

Generally as a rule of thumb, the second tier dungeon at insane and the challenges at insane will give you good loot if you complete.
    Not easy mind. I can tell you that.
    You will need to have a minimum of lvl 60 monk, huntress and squire to be able to do it.

16. FriedSushi

FriedSushi Well-Known Member

May 13, 2010
    This would easily be one of the best games, if there was a build mode and a combat mode. The build mode would be a over head view of the map, and you can place any tower (from all 4 characters) onto the map. I hate having to walk around placing towers. In the later levels it really is time consuming

17. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    some of hints at the loading screen are from the old version and are not really true. if you host the game or just want to leave the mp game and join new one than you should start from the start screen again, that's example of so so ui. and again the fonts in lobby are unreadable. it seems like on some maps with a lot of action the game is actually even more laggy than the previous version, talk about optimization here. sometimes if the connection is lost or maybe host quits when the next map or tavern is loading than you can not quite to menu, because the pause button is not there. the game crashes more after update too. really great game with some major performance problems and lazy ui design.

18. abelnr

abelnr New Member

Nov 9, 2011
    add me my game center nick is abelnr

19. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    so another problems with ui, if for example u host a mp game and start the match, the game can start checking if other players have a specific map installed. this can be very long and if someone quits during this time so this message is just there. and you can not quit to menu or back to tavern because there are no onscreen buttons. bought pet tiger for 2 millions and what? he sucks, because it's basically only useful in melee combat, also it's not possible to upgrade number of attacks per second, i tried to level it up, it allows to choose that but does not change. taking into the account the ridiculous costs of level ups it should be fixed. well i dunno why i post it here, it is quite clear that ios version is just kind of ads for pc and console versions.

20. violentv

Nov 4, 2010
    #3580 violentv, Nov 9, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2011

lol... Melee pets normally come with high knockback bonuses (and + hero attributes) which some apprentices and huntresses value.

Does it really not increase the no of 'shots per second' even when the mana has been spent? Well that sucks I suppose and needs to be fixed. But the rule of the thumb is that if you are going for damage, get only either the bird pet or the animus-es because they deal ranged non elemental damage.

As mentioned earlier, this is a really hardcore game which encourages you to grind through maps at the highest difficulty all the while optimizing your strategies to get the best rewards, scores and mana. I never had a problem with mana for leveling weapons and pets.

I agree that there has been a lack of love for the mobile version of DD..but it is still an extremely fleshed out game with some exclusive mobile maps, items and rewards... it wouldn't be right to just ridicule it as 'just an Ad'.