iPad Dungeon Defenders: Second Wave - (by Trendy Ent) (v6.7)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 15, 2010.

1. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    #3541 eev, Nov 4, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
    tried to play the char which uses some traps etc instead of mage and the game is actually less laggy, probably because of the towers.

2. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    #3542 violentv, Nov 4, 2011
    I can't bring myself to spend 5 USD for just one more campaign map and an arena map which I will probably seldom play on =/

The IAP package really needs a few more maps to justify the price tag which is almost twice the price of DD 1st wave !

3. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    Plus the fact that it was such a joke of a release last time and then the devs have ignored iOS gamers since March until now. Then make a big noise about the 'Second Wave' which basically just makes the game how it should have been in the first place.
    Now they release overpriced IAP. IMO it would have been better to have a bit more content in the IAP or a better price as kind of a 'thank you for your patience' type of thing.

Don't get me wrong, I don't expect free stuff etc, I don't mind paying for stuff if it's worth it. I spend a fortune on the App Store a month.

Isn't this the dev that released Chicken Coup and now it has been
    re-released on the App Store with a slightly different name?

4. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    I agree with all u said. Also yeah they made some chicken game with good visuals and somewhat fun for a min gameplay.

5. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    #3545 eev, Nov 4, 2011
    tried to play some mp games and wow, there are not so many servers and it's like if it's a server with high level players - kick, if the same level then host can just sell all your stuff and if you continue placing than it's kick too.

6. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Yeah for this game it's best to try and play with people you know, or people on these forums, that way you can kind of plan a strategy or set some rules like each person can only place so many towers.

7. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Ok can someone honest here please clear things up for me as I really want to buy this game but I have a couple of concerns preventing me from buying it.

1) There are a lot of reviews saying the controls are awful. In what way are they awful?

2) Does the framerate drop on iPhone 4 or is it smooth.

3) How long does a level take to complete, I have heard that this is not something you can pick up and play as it dosent save in the middle of a level.

8. violentv

Nov 4, 2010

1. I had no problems with the control... perhaps I got used to it after playing it for over 200 hours >.>

2. I played it on a 3gs and it is definitely laggy when there a lot of mobs/creeps on the screen.. its a bit better on the iphone 4 and really smooth on my ipad2.

3. This is a really hardcore game! If you are looking for a casual pick me up type of game.. this might not be the game for you. A typical level can take anywhere between 20-40 min to complete depending on the map/challenge/difficulty.

9. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    it is really funny so many kicks when trying to play online and the game crashes quite often too.

10. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    #3550 heringer, Nov 4, 2011
    Soo, I downloaded the PS3 version demo and really liked. Didn't $15 liked though, so I bought the iOS version. Couple of observations:

1 - Why can't you walk backwards like in the PS3 version? Maybe it is to make the automatic camera more efficient, since you can't really rely too much on manual camera control here. Only reason I can think of.

2 - Don't have a problem with the interface. I actually think it's quite elegant considering the crazy ammount of options and stuff crammed into the game. Maybe they could've stremlined the iOS version a bit, but given the decision of keeping everything intact I don't see the UI getting much better. The option to customize is always, always welcome though. The option to raise the camera sensitivity would be great too, right now it's a bit sluggish.

3 - It runs like crap on my iPhone 4. Seriously, I can't even begin to imagine how some people are playing this on 3G's, because the framerate is terrible on iPhone 4. And if that's the case for the first mission I don't want to see how it will (not) hold up in levels with a bunch of stuff going on. I will try on my iPad 2 this sunday, hopefully it runs much better with it.

I guess that's it. Haven't played enough for more in depth impressions. The game itself seems to be really good, it's just the performance that's throwing me off. If it can at least keep a consistent 30 fps on the iPad 2 I will be playing this a lot.

11. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    You can walk backward if you turn off the follow camera in options, then its all controlled by swipes albeit from a slightly higher adjustable angle. Yeah the performance isn't awesome on iPhone 4 but it runs really well on the iPad 2, I've never had a slow down on it.

12. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    Game isn't working for me after the update. I just start it up, and then it sits at the splash screen for ten seconds before crashing. I went with the "turn off movies" and "switch gamespy" dialogues, and it still crashes. Closed all apps, rebooted my device, and it still crashes.

First the game had terrible controls and performance. Now it doesn't even run. Very disappointed with this.

(ipod touch 4g, iOS 5)

13. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Just started replaying after the update. I had a few crashes but after a full restart I haven't had any issues with crashing.

I did lose my save game though :( I wasn't far since my last restart cause I was waiting for my email to get that special pet (which I still haven't got :/) but I did lose all the "thank you" and valentine's weapons I had saved :(

14. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    I got 4 traps stacked on top of each other. How do i choose, upgrade or repair them individually? It's very hard to choose a single trap when they are stacked

15. They're still causing wipes with their updates? I haven't played in a long time, but wanted to see how the new controls work (and swipe camera -- finally!). But if I lose my data again, there is no chance of me playing ever, ever again (I'd be losing my Lost Hero pet, too -- that would be irony!)

Anyone else lose their data?

16. yyhakusho

yyhakusho Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2011
    i nubie for this game...this game have a little laggy in my iphone 4 but still awesome

17. violentv

Nov 4, 2010
    Just back up your save data with iphone explorer before updating and you should be fine

18. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    those flying things on the 3rd map are really giving me a hard time, no problem with anything else but them.

19. Greg G

Greg G Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Anyone buy the IAP and try the campain? Is it long? I'm not so interested in the PVP stuff but would like to better understand what the campain map is like.

-Greg

20. Yeater42

Yeater42 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Graphics now suck balls on iPad......don't bother with ios if you have console.