iPad Dungeon Defenders: Second Wave - (by Trendy Ent) (v6.7)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 15, 2010.

1. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    Where is the Halls of Doom? I cant see it when i tap on the crystal. And where can i purchase Arena? Cant find it in the shop

2. NoThru22

NoThru22 Well-Known Member

Did they even test the new interface on iPad before releasing this? Why are the action buttons so far away from the corner of the screen?

I can't figure out how to purchase the arena or the new levels either.

3. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    well, they dont want or can not improve the performance but why controls are still too floaty and inertial. and the new item box, the items are bigger but it looks like they have the same pictures, so it looks blurry.

4. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    damn... time to delete a bunch of apps and put this on my device again. =oD

5. PMasher@TrendyEnt

PMasher@TrendyEnt Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    We reduced speed of some of the projectiles and increased damage (i.e. for Apprentice limited the number of projectiles and increased damage) to improve performance on some devices.

This is something we'd love to add in if this version proves popular enough. It'd be difficult to implement based on the design of the game, but we've been kicking around a couple of ways to do it.

Something we would absolutely love to do! We are also considering eventually hooking it up to the TrendyNet cloud servers we use for PC. Once again, this is stuff for the future if the iOS version has a strong following!

Can you try hard resetting your device? You can also turn of chase camera from the options menu to get a top down view, this will greatly improve performance too.

It's on the bottom of the mission list. You can purchase Arena from the menu that shows after you click "Online" from the start menu.

If you increase the Graphics quality the texture quality will be less blurry.

6. thekellen

thekellen Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2010
    There aren't any new missions at the bottom of my mission list. Maybe I misunderstand - do I need to buy the arena to unlock the second wave of the campaign?

7. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Just started playing again, and I must say the new camera controls and layout and everything is much much better. Having a ton of fun once again with this game!

8. MrOstrich

MrOstrich Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Pleased to report the game is playable on 3gs now, i remember before this update it was nearly impossible to play because of horrific frame rate and constant drops. There is some stuttering but not much at all, 1000 times better....i can enjoy the game i bought 6 months ago now

9. Barcâ

Barcâ Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    I saved my .dun and .bak files from version 1 so that I would be able to throw those into the Documents folder in the apps directory when it came time for me to delete the game. I have them in a special spot on my laptop, my External HDD, and 3 flash drives. That way I can ensure my countless hours of play do not go to waste.

A cloud based system would be the first thing I request over all else, along side a projectile firing speed increase for higher end devices. That way I could use my Huntress by herself in Ogre Crush Insane. I could take those bastards out in a matter of 3 seconds with the gun I had. Now it takes about 5-8.

10. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Now this game has been updated should I buy this or Lost Earth Tower Defense HD. I know they are kind of different but which one is worth getting?

11. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    #3531 violentv, Nov 3, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
    >.> (Very)Different in price too! Probably Dungeon Defenders if you are making a choice between the two... Lost Earth is a very generic tower defence game while Dungeon Defender has gameplay elements that will keep you hooked for a while. I myself have poured over 200+ hours into DD.

12. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    yes i did, but no difference. turning the chase off improves things a bit. but the chase camera is still much better to play with. well even start menu still lags, in tavern if you are running around it is not smooth too. so what can i say about the performance when there are a lot of enemies on the screen. this is really great game, but turning some fancy stuff like some effects etc. off and optimizing the engine could be really useful, because the game is a one big lag at higher levels on many maps.

13. sivyan

sivyan Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Germany
    Keeps crashing on loading screen,itouch 4,ios 5

14. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Great news! TrendyNet cloud servers sounds even more promising, if that allows us true cross-platform support, the ability to use our characters in the PC version as well :) Though if that implementation proves troublesome, I've head said that iCloud's Documents & Data storage APIs are very, very easy to implement.

How about custom placement of on-screen buttons? It is really the ultimate way to ensure that just about everyone find the controls comfortable :)

I second violentv's advice. If you are looking for depth and an experience that will last, Dungeon Defenders, beyond much doubt. One of the most original takes on the TD genre and probably one of the more sophisticated and lasting bgames for iOS, not to mention the fact that there is both cooperative and competitive multiplayer.

I actually did the same (backed them up to dropbox, since I detest traditional physical storage ;) ), but with no untethered jailbreak for iOS 5 out yet, there is no way to get those savefiles back on to my device without going tethered :)

Cloud saves probably tops my list as well, together with the option to move on-screen controls freely.

Yeah, that's very true.

15. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?2850-UC2-How-to-Create-a-Backup-(IOS-and-Android)

It seems that you don't need access to your root directory to back up and restore your .dun files manually!

I have actually just tried this..it is mind boggling that the App directory is accessible on non jailbroken devices!

16. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Yeah, I've been using iExplorer for like a year or two now to back up any app saves for apps I remove from my phone (in case I want to go back and play the game again later). Generally works pretty well, and iExplorer gets updated on a regular basis to fix bugs, etc.

17. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    if a connection is lost or you are kicked then you start from the start screen and have to press a lot of stuff to get back to the lobby, maybe in such cases game could show directly the lobby screen?

18. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I must have become very complacent in my constant access to jailbreak for the past years to have forgotten that app directories are accessible via iPhone Explorer :) Thanks for the heads up! Now I can finally take that Lost Guardian pet out for a walk along the rim of the Deeper Well...

19. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    Do you have to buy the Arena to unlock the Halls of Doom level?

20. Barcâ

Barcâ Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    yes you do.