iPad Dungeon Defenders: Second Wave - (by Trendy Ent) (v6.7)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Jenohart

Jenohart Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Australia
    Just a bit of an update, there probably wont be any major updates (that goes for the iOS guardian pets) for the mobile versions of this game until after the console release comes out.

For news updates you should check the official forums. Its recently been in a lot of strife when the devs suddenly went quiet but they're more active now that they finished with the XBL build.

2. EB1089

EB1089 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Student
    Wish I could remember the link where I saw it but yesterday a site I was on listed the PSN/XBLA/PC version of Dungeon Defenders for a Dec 31, 2011 release date. :confused: Seems like a placeholder date till the real one gets confirmed if you ask me but...yeah. I haven't kept up with developer Trendy w/the initial release of DD: First Wave for iOS but it seems as if they've generally ticked off everyone in the community by being rather hush, hush when it comes to info regarding DD: FW. This seems to be very apparent in their approach to the console/PC version(s) of DD especially considering the game was supposed to be already for Q1 2011 with no word (or at least not anything that I've heard).

3. NoThru22

NoThru22 Well-Known Member

Trendy is starting to give out the Lost Heroes Guardians. Still don't have an e-mail yet.

4. Godaime

Godaime Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2009
    I just got an email :]
    yes! finarrry!

5. imnewhere

imnewhere Member

Aug 4, 2011
    Does this game have a good single-player or it s not a good idea to buy this game if you don't have access to the web? Also, does it have bluetooth multiplyaer?

6. askgar

askgar Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Just had my email. Can't remember WHEN I applied!

7. zxelman

zxelman Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2009
    USA
    To those looking for a 360/PC release instead of playing it on the iOS, it comes out on XBLA and Steam on Oct. 19th. Should be priced around $15 or so, but that price is great for a game that actually runs, and it will run well too.

The PS3 version release date hasn't exactly been announced yet, but they assume it will come out around the same time. It has already been submitted to Sony.

P.S. There will be a demo that comes out at the same time as the full game. Try it before you buy it if you want, and even resume your character's progress from the demo to the full game.

8. spamboy

spamboy Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    I don't mean to beat a dead horse here (or whatever the expression is lol) but does anyone know what's up with cloud saving? the gamespy site says they have it, but it's never been confirmed here on the forums and i can't sync my characters over gamespy between my ipad and ipod touch 4g... any help? thanks!

9. Second Wave seems to be out.

10. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Yep, the new update is out.

11. JMarceLF

JMarceLF Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    CHEF
    California
    Well it's running nicer I wish I swipe the flick mode into chase cam sometimes. I haven't played a hectic level yet though online to see how well it runs but the interface is great. It's about time.

12. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    How much does the IAP for the arena go for?

EDIT: Holy crap.. its 5 USD. rofl

13. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Ui is almost there. Action buttons are too far to left from right side. They should just move the hero button elsewhere. But it's going in the right direction. And where is our summit and spire? I know the iPad 2 and iPhone 4s can handle it.

14. Barcâ

Barcâ Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    #3514 Barcâ, Nov 3, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
    Level 71 Huntress ready to kick some assess. :rolleyes:

Hmmm. My gun does about 3500 damage a shot, yet its fire rate is DRASTICALLY reduced...like before I was firing about 15 rounds a second...now I'm shooting about 2...wth happened? lol

15. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Can anyone confirm how the performance is on an iPhone 4?

16. JMarceLF

JMarceLF Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    CHEF
    California
    How come there isn't a wave to wave save feature. I love this game but never have enough time to play through the whole damn round :(

17. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #3517 Ayjona, Nov 3, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
    Game Impressions

In many ways, this new update is the game DD should have been all along. These are the (only) three less than optimal things that leap to the forefront of my attention when playing Second Wave:
    • Control customization: The new interface and controls are indeed in many ways much more pleasant. But please, Trendy Ent., PLEASE allow us to customize the placement of on-screen buttons. (Many iOS games have done this, to a great effect, and unless time constrains and profit concerns somehow prevent a developer from implementing this feature, I see no reason to ever overlook it.) Ideally, I'd like the joystick alone in the lower left corner (with the utility buttons currently there just above it, or in a vertical row along the left side of the screen), and the jump, attack and second ability buttons in the lower right, with the Hero and Build menus next to each other at the top right of the screen. Additionally, there are still superflous buttons. The pause button could well be accessed by touching the hero's health and mana bar, and the map could have been accessed by swiping in from either sis de, or some other clever way of hiding and accessing functions through swipes and gestures.
    • The new interface is indeed FAR more pleasant to use. But the new interface elements are actually rather ugly. Some background textures would do wonders here. Keep the new placement of UI elements, but resurrect the old look.
    • iCloud saves: Dungen on Defender is exactly the kind of game that I play long-term, and want to return to time and time again. Being able to delete the game but still retain my characters would be a boon. (Contrary to popular belief, app data is not automatically retained in the cloud when an app is deleted, but the new Data & Documents storage APIs allow for this.)
    DD still feels like a game not entirely adapted to the touch-capacitive, mobile platform, and the performance improvements are minimal. But it does play better than ever, and I hope the game gains a huge new following for iOS, and comes alive more than ever before.

18. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    well if there are some performance improvements then they are minimal. the game lags even in tavern and the start screen, the graphics settings dont make any difference too. however some new ui changes sucks. with action menu it was quite easy to repair and upgrade stuff. but now you should tap on towers which is not so convenient. and new char screen is not so informative as it was, it looks bad and it also sucks. the same is with item box, previously it was more easy to compare items. other ui changes are quite good but a lot of stuff looks off style. so what we get, the game is not optimized for iphone 4 and new update does not improve that.

19. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I agree with you completely on all other points of your post. This, not at all. I find tapping on towers both more intuitive, and quicker :)

20. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    well in general yes, but for example on a map with many towers in one place and also on different levels you could upgrade and repair all stuff very fast without turning around and moving, the top view was very convenient.