iPad Dungeon Defenders: Second Wave - (by Trendy Ent) (v6.7)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 15, 2010.

1. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Since i lost all my data, and im not playing this anymore (fear of loss, my friends) i want my money back, is it possible??

2. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    No it doesn't.

I don't like this game. I've played it maybe once, since it released.

But to say the iPad 1 is capable is just wrong.

I was a first day adopter last year. I got flak from Mark Rein, over criticisms about Infinity Blade looking terrible on the iPad compared to the other versions.

With 256 MB of ram and pushing tablet screen resolutions - it just doesn't have enough juice and chugs terribly when tasks and apps are demanding.

I sold my iPad the Sunday prior to Apples keynote and got a great value (Buybackworld offered far more than Gazelle) - I was able to get my iPad 2 Saturday...after tenacity and camping at the Applestore, after unsuccessfully waiting in lines after repeated morning attempts.

The iPad runs like butter and games now look and play smooth.

Even Modern Combat 2 plays like your on speed or something, it's that fast and smooth. No joke.

If your serious about tablet gaming, like I am, you'll want to upgrade this year or next. The original iPad has big faults, in power and ability and after a year of realizing this, I figured the second gen would deliver.

Dungeon Defenders is clunky and not my cup of tea. Don't blame Trendy for Apples iPad 1 shortcomings, though.

3. funkyflychicken

funkyflychicken Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2010
    I went for a Tegra2 Tablet (ViewSonic G Tablet) over the original iPad, plus I lost my PC and didn't want to have to worry about iTunes and syncing anymore. I will say though, that the iPad 2 does look impressive otherwise. If it had shipped with expandable storage and USB ports, and would let me just copy mp3's and whatnot directly to it, I would have loved to have bought one. I'm glad that Android (especially thanks to Xperia Play, Tegra2, and the new Snapdragon) is finally getting some good games, but I do sometimes still miss the App Store. I don't regret my Android purchase at all though! Still have my Ipod Touch 3GS (My wife has one as well) although it's starting to already show it's age with newer games. Glad to hear the iPad2 performs so well, though. If I ever win the lottery and can afford to buy one just for the games, I'd prolly pick one up then!

4. FictionalCharacter

FictionalCharacter Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2011
    just picked this up for iphone4 since it was on sale and i'm apparently on an unofficial quest to own every game with 'dungeon' in its name. didn't know much about the frame rate problems, so we'll see.

i'd imagine this would be great on an ipad, but for me, i'm just less and less convinced that the iphone can function as an accessible platform for ambitious stuff like this. as much as i wanted the phone to replace my ds from years ago, big productions like dungeon hunter 2 or what have you just seem far more taxing to work with on such a small screen than things puzzle/board/card games with better-suited interfaces, for instance. maybe stuff like this will excel on car trips or waiting at the airport or whatnot; which is what handheld console's for, i guess. so far i'm just not digging the movement controls and having to squint to make sense of everything in front of me is off-putting. nature of the beast, i guess. better than having a phone that won't fit in my pocket.

just my two cents.

5. gospel9

gospel9 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    I know this is off topic, but boy you are so missing out for the iPad 2. I wasn't crazy about it but once you start using some apps like GarageBand, Flipboard, Autodesk Sketchpad, AirVideo, and even iTunes with home sharing you wouldn't care for things like USB :) I don't get why people don't like iTunes, personally I love it for organizing and finding my music. It saves me so much time but I do think there should be a separate utility for doing iOS syncing.

By the way what is so difficult about dragging files (mp3s) into iTunes anyway?

Anyway DD definitely runs butter smooth at the max settings, to my surprise. The UI and camera control however still leave much to be desired.

6. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    I agree. Plus it has the best mobile graphics chip available, surprisingly dwarfing nvidia and ati (graphics chip juggernauts)...

I picked my iPad 2 in black. I figured it'd be a better bet for apps and overall appearance/sleek factor in the long run. Wanted white until I saw a display unit in person and I thought it looked, well, awkward. Like a picture frame or that the color was not seamless/afterthought.

What color did you pick?

Btw Dungeon Defenders is still clunky and in my book, unusable even though it looks better now.

7. PMasher@TrendyEnt

PMasher@TrendyEnt Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    We're glad a lot of you guys are enjoying the game on iPad2!

Yes we included code in the to make the game run better on iPad 2. But we've spent much more time increasing performance on other devices. In fact, in the 5.0 update we wrote an entirely new system to handle steaming content into memory specifically targeted at improving the game on the iPad 1 (due to it's insanely low memory). This took MUCH more effort than the iPad 2 optimizations, which were brought over from previously written code for multiple-core devices :).

8. Teleeda

Teleeda Active Member

Jan 11, 2010
    San Antonio, Tx
    This game runs great

I always wonder if everyone who complains about this game running crappy have dropped their idevices on the floor or something. I never have the problems people have here. And I play DD on my iPhone 4 and iPad 1.:cool:

9. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    How to switch from gamecenter multiplayer to gamespy ? No one seems to be on game center wanted to try my luck on gamespy instead so i can actually have some human help :)

10. razi139

razi139 Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Please update for iPhone 4! It's incredibly slow on the framerate side. The UI is very, very crowded and complicated too. I bought it a few days ago and I still haven't worked out how to get a proper game started yet..

11. PMasher@TrendyEnt

PMasher@TrendyEnt Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Go to the app's options in settings. You can change it there :).

12. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    I don't follow it all but the PC version is still not out, I pre order it a long time ago despite I never do it usually, I wanted the extra pet at GamersGate, but ok it's cool they are now in standard. :) But it's fine to spend that much time on the ios version but I wonder if it helps PC version progress and at least be released. :)

13. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    So i take it as a no

14. thepandav2

thepandav2 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2010
    really? They had a lost guardian event back and your Sig, shouldn't it be "These" ?

15. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    They promised a lost guardian event. As of today, it has not been delivered.

16. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    Yeah where's are damn pets or at least some info on why we don't have them yet. What the hell trendy, u used to communicate with us but now nothing even after we stuck with the game after all your F-ups, and there were alot of F-ups. U guys disappointing lately and game is stale. It uses to bey #1 but now not even top 10. Bleh

17. thepandav2

thepandav2 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2010
    They did mention they were working on getting the Console/Pc version done and had NO time for forums.

18. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    Takes less than a minute to post a response.........

19. Jenz

Jenz Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Sweden
    Hopefully I'm getting an iPad 2 next week and does anyone know if it's possible to play with the character from my iPhone on the iPad? Are the characters stored online or on the device if you know what I mean.

20. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Sure you post responses without to read posts. :rolleyes: