Dungeon Defenders (powered by Unreal Engine. Coming Dec 2010) [Submitted]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by trystero, Sep 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

From the forums:
    The initial iOS version will be GameCenter-only, but we're considering adding in Gamespy in the iOS version later via a patch. If so, the iOS will be able to cross-platform play with the other versions. We'll be looking into it early next year, it's on our Todo list (we had GameSpy working on iOS initially, but took it out to use GameCenter instead).

-Jer

2. Borgqueenx

Borgqueenx Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2010
    come on apple, get some more guys hired at the app store team :rolleyes:

3. DaDramaLlama

DaDramaLlama Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Eliminate Waitingville
    So it's got GameCenter matchmaking? Nice! Not enough games utilize that. Also I read somewhere theres a DotA style mode in the PC version. Is this available on the iOS version too?

4. killercow

#104 killercow, Dec 1, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
    Yup game center matchmaking for 4 players.
    About DotA well the whole game is slighlty based on this idea though i haven't heard about a specific mode for the pc. It has been said befoire that the only differences between the pc and ios version will be the number of ennemies on screen and the number of maps(8/12+dlc)
    You may be reffering to the PvP mode planned by the dev? Dungeon Raid?
    They are still really early on the concept of that one so it's still unclear whether or not we'll see an ios release for that one.

5. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    When was this game submitted to Apple?

Has it got Game Center achievements in it?

6. Borgqueenx

Borgqueenx Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Already submitted 3 days ago.
    Grrrrrrr slow apple workers.

7. killercow

It was submitted one week ago and yes it has some achievements via game center.

8. DaDramaLlama

Oct 27, 2009
    Eliminate Waitingville
    #108 DaDramaLlama, Dec 1, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
    Yeah I misread the statement. It was saying the whole game was based on DotA. I have to ask how u guys made this 2.99. I wouldve payed 10 easily and it looks like it's a huge game for 2.99. Also you said it will come out by December 15. Now I was wondering if this meant that you guys would be holding the games release or just let it release when apple approves it? I really cant wait two weeks for this game and if I heard you were holding it I would cry. Havent been this excited for a game since.....just haven't been this excited for a game.

9. killercow

i'm not part of the team at all, just a guy who found this game a month ago by mere luck. But yeah i have to agree with you on that one, the pricing is insane and the pc version will be 9.99$... At this price there's no reason to support them :)

10. MrJo

MrJo Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2010
    One thing I'm curious about is how the cross platform multiplayer part will work: do the 4 PC exclusive levels have more enemies, and the 8 that cross have less? Or did I completely misinterpret something, and multiplayer is not cross-platform - just characters?

11. DaDramaLlama

Oct 27, 2009
    Eliminate Waitingville
    Oh haha but yeah 2.99 is crazy! Hey add me on GC man so when it hits we can play together.

12. DaDramaLlama

Oct 27, 2009
    Eliminate Waitingville
    Multiplayer isn't cross platform...yet. It's just game center right now. Later they will put gamespy cross platform tho.

13. MrJo

MrJo Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2010
    How will that work exactly? Will PC players see less enemies when playing with iOS people? Or are those 8 levels always played with fewer enemies?

14. killercow

I Think that when they means crossplatform it's with android's devices. Otherwise it wouls be pretty complicated.

15. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    The post I read on their forum related gamespy for PS3 to PC connectivity, there is no mention of the iOS or Android version working with the console counterparts.

16. killercow

We're reffering to that quote:
    "The initial iOS version will be GameCenter-only, but we're considering adding in Gamespy in the iOS version later via a patch. If so, the iOS will be able to cross-platform play with the other versions. We'll be looking into it early next year, it's on our Todo list (we had GameSpy working on iOS initially, but took it out to use GameCenter instead).

-Jer"

But yes it seems pretty obvious that it's between mobile devices. I see that Mr.jo has asked the question on the forum and i've done the same on another post. Though i'm pretty sure it's not with the pc.

17. MrJo

MrJo Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2010
    Thanks. That makes sense, and you're likely right.

18. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    I was actually reffering to a number of statements from this post - http://www.forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?28-Ask-a-question-Get-an-answer.-Maybe.

19. DaDramaLlama

Oct 27, 2009
    Eliminate Waitingville
    Oh ok cool. Btw anyone who wants to play the night of release add me on GC.

20. tantrikninja

tantrikninja Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    #120 tantrikninja, Dec 2, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
    Responding to an older post boss - I hope you managed to write in to apple. If not then this is how I'd go about it:

Open iTunes - Main window to appstore - goto the search bar in the top right corner and enter any gibberish - the next screen should be all about how your search couldnt be matched with any results and if you wanna write into support to request something that may or may not be available.

I say we inundate them - they (being the three clowns at apple approval process) have had a dmn happy thnksgiving (pardon my french) playin IB and DD-FW with all their friends and family. While we suffers. - And i believe they got Aralon today. . . .

Do it - Do It NOWWWW!!!!!!

YOUR SEARCH HAD NO RESULTS - Use Power Search to refine your search or Browse the entire iTunes Store. Request anything you cant find.

Klik on Request heh-heh-heh - that be the ticket.