Dungeon Defenders (powered by Unreal Engine. Coming Dec 2010) [Submitted]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by trystero, Sep 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhxBangBus602

PhxBangBus602 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Well, they aren't going to look as good as Infinity Blade because there is a lot more characters on screen. Infinity Blade only focuses on 1 vs. 1 battles.

2. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

The graphics are good enough with all that awesome-looking gameplay! :)

3. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

And furthermore guys voice chat with push to talk!

"Voice chat, for anyone connected to Wifi. 3G/4G can still seamlessly play online, but w/o voice chat for them :)"

Also random Q&A

"If I ignore someone in game, will they be able to join the level I'm in?
    You can kick people and they won't be able to rejoin until you restart your session. You can also host private matches, and with game-center you can invite people in (on Android they become unlisted games and need to be looked up by your GameSpy ID, and can be password protected). "

"Is there a mini radar map in the game? - showing youself, team-mates, turrets, monsters and etc as colored dots in a mini map top corner of the screen.
    Yep, exactly"

4. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Is there going to be a offline solo mode or is it strictly going to be a online game?

5. killercow

There's going to be offline mode as well

6. idiotcoder

idiotcoder Member

Apr 22, 2010
    Reminds me of Gauntlet...

Looking forward to it.

7. ojtitus

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Just what I wanted to here. I play online every once in a while but really prefer playing alone.

8. pgboy

pgboy Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2010
    this is going to be 2.99 right??

9. killercow

yup with a lite version. It's to be submitted to apple today and *might* be the first game under the unreal 3 engine if infinity blade isn't out by then.

10. theunis

theunis Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Inifinity blade does look nice, but its been so long since I have seen a trailer and been left enchanted and this feeling inside of such happiness that devs can achieve such great things, and that was with Dungeon Defenders - this game looks amazing HONESTLY !!

Sorry if this has been asked before but does the game play nicely on the iPhone? (smaller screen)

There seems to be alot going on, and I'm sure the iPad version is amazing, but how is the iPhone one? I was hoping to find someone who was lucky enough to play it :D and ask

11. killercow

Only the devs have played it and you'll fin soon enough (and for 2.99 you won't risk much)
    But i feel you, this game (both the pc and ios version) looks amazing! The sheer amount of content, the effort put in by the devs, the graphical style, the multiplayer... Can't wait ;)

12. theunis

theunis Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Its an instant buy regardless, it will be honor to play such a work of art :D

13. MrJo

MrJo Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2010
    killercow, what sort of connection do you have with the devs? Sorry for the ignorance, but I'm just hoping your comment on the app being submitted today is true! If it were, how fast does everyone think Apple will approve it? I know 95% are approved within one week, but I'll bet 50% or so are approved within a couple of days. What does everyone think? I'm surprised there aren't more people posting to this thread . . . DD looks AWESOME! It and Infinity Blade are going to be my Christmas to me =)

14. ojtitus

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    I think this is about the time of year when there are more apps submitted for review for holiday time release. So I would not be surprised if it took more than a week especially with the holiday tomorrow.

15. Meta Knight

Meta Knight Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2010
    So have you guys Submitted the app already can't wait to play it!!

16. killercow

I have no connection at all with the devs, im just following what they post on the official forum. And it has been submitted and should take less than two weeks

17. meatz666

meatz666 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Software Developer
    Aberdeen/Scotland/UK
  18. meatz666

Sep 29, 2010
    Software Developer
    Aberdeen/Scotland/UK
    Guys, let me ask you.

I'm a developer, and I really like to play a little bit with Unreal engine for iPhone... But according to UDK (Unreal Development Kit) website, their framework still doesn't support iPhone...

So how these guys of Dungeon Defenders were able to do it using UDK?

I can understande Chair/Epic, since they want to be the first to release something under the engine, but how devs from Dungeon Defenders managed to do it?

19. Axidrain

Axidrain Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2010
    probably because they are already using the UE3 engine for the console version of the game. that's why they managed to get it first for the iphone version.

20. meatz666

Sep 29, 2010
    Software Developer
    Aberdeen/Scotland/UK
    Thx, mate.
    I don't know why I'm asking, since it'll be hard to run the UDK graphic part on a basic MacBook, and I don't know if I will be able to use my "more graphic powered" PC at the same time...