Universal Dungeon Crawlers Metal (by Ayopa Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 8, 2015.

1. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Is iPhone 5s able to play this game

2. chud575

chud575 Active Member

Feb 13, 2010
    Yes, I believe that i've adequately resolved all the bugs of the old version. And as stated before, no, there is no difference aside from graphical. Just think of it as a remastered version.

3. chud575

chud575 Active Member

Feb 13, 2010
    IMPORTANT! I am patching the game as we speak, but do NOT complete Level 1-3! Once you get there, leave it as is. If you complete it, it will soft crash and you'll lose your progress and equipment.

4. JP Falcon

JP Falcon Active Member

Sep 27, 2013
    #44 JP Falcon, Apr 11, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
    I am curious, what advantage economically was in play for this game to be designed to exclude iPads? I am at fault for purchasing this game for my iPad 4, without carefully reading the game device limitations. That is on me, but still, I did not realize that we reached a point in game designing where Ipad 4s are considered obsolete already...my bad

5. chud575

chud575 Active Member

Feb 13, 2010
    Hi JP,

Its not your bad. It's Apple's bad. This is a very serious flaw with the App Store that we as developers have complained about since the iPad 2 introduced The 'HD' concept. If it were up to me, something would've stopped you from buying this game. Like an alert in the app store.

It's doubly ironic that Google allows you to limit which devices the game appears on, but there are SO MANY devices that it's completely pointless.

Your device is not obsolete, and to make sure people could still enjoy the Dungeon Crawlers experience, we updated the original version of the game and reduced the price. We specifically called this game 'Metal' so there would be no confusion about device support.

Alas, things have not gone the way I expected. And it SUCKS. I'm not trying to swindle or fleece the public here. Im just trying to make the best game possible, and support everyone.

Please accept my humble apology. And if you'd like an Early Access steam code I'll be happy to send you one.

6. Mycroft

Mycroft Active Member

Jan 17, 2009
    U.S.A.
    Picked this one up, based in part on the great support by the devs on the forum and support to the original game. :cool:

7. chud575

chud575 Active Member

Feb 13, 2010
    Thanks. Hope you enjoy it! :)

8. JP Falcon

JP Falcon Active Member

Sep 27, 2013
    Chud, thank you for your reply and though it is true that Apple does not prevent these things it is still my fault. You did not deceive as you made it clear what devices your game was for, so no apology is necessary. I need to see if I can edit my original review at the store as it was written with ignorance.

9. chud575

chud575 Active Member

Feb 13, 2010
    Thanks JP, I appreciate it!

10. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    I was going to pick this up, but the iap is making me stay away. How bad is it?

11. hincy89

hincy89 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2011
    I have iPad Air 2 but when I start the game it says device is not supported? Any ideas?
    Just don't want to start and encounter issues!

12. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Graphic Designer/Illustrator/Art Director
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I have an iPad Air, and I bought the original back when it first launched. I got rid of it because of crashing. I saw in this forum that the same updates that are in the metal version are also in the original version, so I reinstalled it to give it another shot.

In less than a half hour it has crashed three times, and now it is consistently crashing every time I try to cast healing on the wizard. I'm in the library, at the fight where the goblin archers appear. All but two goblin archers and one normal goblin are dead, and the wizard is down to 9 hp.

I saw earlier in the thread where you've only had a crash happen twice in all of your testing... So, any idea what the problem may be?