Universal Dungelot: Shattered Lands (by tinyBuild LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    Quick question guys, can this be played landscape mode already? Thanks!

2. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    You can

3. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    Great! Thanks!

4. Pixeye

Pixeye Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Indie developer
    #104 Pixeye, Jan 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
    1. I won't confirm any info about our plans on updates. What we planned to be for free will be for free. Do not worry about that : ) As always. My only goal is to give the best I can to players. I'm player myself. Though we had issues with the second dungelot, but it's not because I'm "greedy cash back grabber".
    2. More dynamics, space for GUI as we wanted to leave all blocks big enough to tap. As I played I didn't see big difference.

3. It's ok. I wanted to make more "lightweight" gui at the bottom. I personally do not like small icons on small screen tapping on them with my big fingers. + There were too much info to add everything on the screen.

Tnx for your questions! And again, Our team and our publisher ( TinyBuild ) will do our best to make game even better.

5. nreyes

nreyes Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Spelling errors

This game is great. Nice graphics, engaging gameplay and a fair system that let's you progress without spending more cash on IAPs. There is just one criticism I could make: the numerous spelling mistakes. They distract and lessen the overall polished quality of this game. I would be happy to go through these and correct them for free if I was involved in some sort of beta or ongoing development. Is there somewhere to signup?

6. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    That's a Dungelot tradition! ;)
    But, yes, agreed.

7. tinyBuild

tinyBuild Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Fixed that, an update is being submitted later today alongside a ton of changes

- Localization fixed (French version no longer crashes)
    - Removed the annoying pop-up at the start of the game
    - Fixed an exploit that allowed you to play locked worlds
    - Fixed tutorial texts
    - Overhauled localization files, now they make more sense
    - Added much more explanation on large items
    - Added a monster snapshot during death screens, you can now share who killed you!
    - Fixed endless mode, now it's actually challenging. Apparently you guys are really good at Dungelot.
    - Added a proper end-game screen that shows you what's coming soon

8. Treholt

Treholt New Member

Jan 21, 2016
    #108 Treholt, Jan 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
    Did they remove some of the heroes from the beta? Remember there were more than 4 in pictures/videoes.

Edit: Found my answer.

9. Citronaut

Citronaut Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Sorry to sound like a broken record, but I'm still not seeing a cloud save button. Anyone else find it?

10. zen_mode

zen_mode Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    The save slots at the beginning have a little upload icon next to the save name. Blank slots have a download icon.

11. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Criminal Defense Attorney
    U.S.
    #111 CalinR, Jan 22, 2016
    Thanks a bunch for answering all that. Number 3 hit me like a ton of bricks, since I'm a PC gamer, and iPad gamer second, but some people are iPHONE gamers first lol, and games need to make sense visually on small screens AND large ones. The overall visual changes from 2 make a ton of sense now, as does the book menu system.

Realistically that being my only gripe, I'm off to leave a review and play the s*** out of it now that I'm home from work, and saw there's an endless mode somewhere.

I suppose I also wanna add that I'm experiencing a massive frame rate drop on the character select screen, and I'm running an iPad3 with OS whatever comes before 9.2.1. That's the only place so far.

12. Citronaut

Citronaut Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2014
    I don't have those icons, on my phone or iPad for some reason - not sure why.

Attached Files:

13. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    need to know this before I buy, is this game easy I Like a challenge and I found the first one to easy the 2nd one was the perfect challenge for me and loved It at the start then it got riddled with bugs and pulled. so how is this one?

14. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #114 Son of Anarchy, Jan 22, 2016
    It's not a walk in the park that's for sure... I'm finding it very challenging in the same way I found Desktop Dungeons very challenging. To me that's a good thing though, I know eventually I'll progress if I keep at it, just one more run...

Once they fix a couple of niggles, the game will undoubtedly be the best Dungelot ever released.

15. Water

Water Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2015
    Game Dev
    Japan
    Iiiimmmmmppppplllllaaaaayyyyyiiiiiinnngggggddddddd iiiisss

FUN!

FAR BETTER THAN Dungelot2!

16. zen_mode

zen_mode Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    As somebody that commented earlier in this thread that I found the first couple of dungeons too easy, I can safely say that as soon as I got a little bit further I got my ass completely handed to me.

It got handed to me so bad that I still have a long recovery time ahead from the surgery. Please, take my advice, it's best to buy the game and just let it sit there, don't open it. If you are stubborn like me, you will keep coming back like an addict until you get your revenge and overcome it.

17. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    awesome great to here think I'm going to pick this up!

18. pepsodont

pepsodont Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2014
    Hey man,

It's awesome to see you finally (almost) done after all these years!

Glad I could be a part of the process once.

Keep it up!

19. paulmeyers

paulmeyers Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Sep 30, 2012
    I can see the upload and download icons, but I can't figure out how to download to an existing game slot. After I upload on one device, the other device only shows an upload icon, not a download icon, in that save slot. Is this a bug or is there a way to download a save game?

20. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Great game. Really improved from first game, but a similar feel. I am totally immersed.