Universal Dungelot: Shattered Lands (by tinyBuild LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. TrencH

TrencH Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 29, 2013
    Yay! I am too excited about this game! Downloading now. This is one of my most wanted games. I hope it lives up to my excitement. =]

2. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    #42 Zeillusion, Jan 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
    OMG. Instabuy!

As soon as I saw this I squealed. Totally forgot it was coming out today. Huge fan of the original and sequel. I enjoyed both and am super excited it's going back to its original roots.

Yummy. Gonna be a great weekend with this bad boy fo sho' doe.

3. zen_mode

zen_mode Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    #43 zen_mode, Jan 21, 2016
    Bug: buying magic wands doesn't stack in inventory

Edit, Another: typo on tip for salvaging items for the charge bar

4. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    err... I guess I'm the only one but seriously, why does this require 8.3 ios? Not even 8? I never updated because they locked out document editing. This game should at least be playable on ios 7. Seems like you have to generally have the new ios in order to play this completely 2d game? Ugh..

5. korkidog

korkidog Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 12, 2012
    Illinois
    #45 korkidog, Jan 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
    Instabuy!!! Thanks to the developer for going the premium route!! Really looking forward to this.

6. zen_mode

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    #46 zen_mode, Jan 21, 2016
    This Player Authed popup. Agghh.

7. ZeroVoid

ZeroVoid Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2011
    Is there any reason NOT to use the blessings? It seems like an easy way to boost health/attack every run.

8. Pixeye

Pixeye Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Indie developer
    #48 Pixeye, Jan 21, 2016
    Some players may have problems while playing game. So it's a nice helper. ALSO keep in mind that in future you may face more difficult dungeons and this buf may be useful.

9. zen_mode

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    #49 zen_mode, Jan 21, 2016
    One thing I'm not super fond of, and that was also present in the previous iterations, is that exploring fog is of no consequence. In Desktop Dungeons (sorry to keep bringing up this game) for example, exploration needs to be balanced with restoring health and mana and this makes for tighter experience where every action matters. In this however, exploration of unseen tiles in largely a trivial process where by you tap away until you reach a road block with no free tiles left. Given the parallels to DD, was this something that was considered but deemed not fitting for whatever reason? I'm curious of this design decision, rather than being a criticism per se.

10. Pixeye

Pixeye Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Indie developer
    I can't say anything here as parallels to DD are useless ( Though I love this game Dungelot is far different and more lighthearted and do not share concepts of DD ). Taping and opening blocks are just part of exploration and not everything you do must matter something : ) But you will face some situations when tapping blocks may affect your hero. For example there are slimes that can *poison* adjacent blocks or trapper that will make few blocks dangerous to open ( decrease HP ), archers make barricades from adjacent blocks so its harder to get to them ( you must make several taps to reach em )

In the next updates when we add more content we plan to add some *power* blocks with buffs too.

11. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Hmm, the app icon looks very appealing to me. I like it. Will download this later for sure.

12. Citronaut

Citronaut Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Is there cloud saving between devices? I just bought the game, but am just curious.

13. Pixeye

Pixeye Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Indie developer
    Yes : ) You can manually save slot to iCloud.
    [​IMG]

14. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    #55 ste86uk, Jan 21, 2016
    Off work still for 4 days so buying now, looking forward to playing more. I didn't want to put too much time into beta as I'd likely lose my progress. With that in mind do all heroes share the same mansion upgrades?

Love that it has the cloud save setup that way too as now I can play on my iPad and iPhone. Can you teach other devs to do this? Most of them suck at letting you play on multiple devices.

15. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Wow this is great. No idea what Crashlands is like because this is good enough to keep me going elsewhere for now...

However some spelling mistakes are horrible but worse I keep getting a debug message popping up saying "player authed"... Part of the gamecentre authentication that I as a player should never see.

Needs this stuff patched ASAP then this will be one of those gems you keep on your device forever.

16. Pixeye

Pixeye Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Indie developer
    And you will get it ; ) We will submit update very soon with few improvements, hiding debug message, and social sharing of your progress

17. zen_mode

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney

Glad to see this aspect opens up in later dungeons. Looking forward to the update as well :)

18. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    You'll be regretting ever saying it as it gets harder

19. Pixeye

Pixeye Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Indie developer
    Do not worry! I'll make him suffer... :D