Universal Dungelot 2 (by Red Winter Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by New England Gamer, Feb 12, 2014.

1. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    No one seems to ever know, but at least it's free

2. mrmort

mrmort Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2012
    Love the orginal. Played the beta and I had a blast. Looking forward to when it's out. Hopefully soon

3. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Original was sweet, hate that the slimes made it to the sequel; hate those guys.

4. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Wait till you meet some of the bad guys in tower 2 they make you hope for a slime.

5. Zenfar

Zenfar Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Male
    Developer
    http://www.zenfar.com
    No App Store ❤️ in the ## yet.

6. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    I want it ;( maybe its time for me to make a nz account...

7. BoneyCork

BoneyCork Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2011
    #147 BoneyCork, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
    Haha 11:00 on the dot!
    Downloading.

8. mr.orange

mr.orange Member

May 17, 2012
    Out~~~~

It's out in the Taiwan App store too!!!!!!!!!! I am buying the full unlock right away!!! Been waiting for so long:D:D:D

9. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    RUBBING SALT IN THE WOUNDS...:mad::(:p

10. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I think I'll ask the question most of us want answered, are there varied tile sets? I loved Dungelot, but the one thing that held it back a bit from full emersion was the lack of different tile set environments.

Also I can't helped but think of Blizzard's Hearthstone when the character icons throw attacks at each other, very cool.

11. Pixeye

Pixeye Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Indie developer
    There are 4 tilesets in the game.

Btw about balance. Someone already seen that second tower is quite complicated. I'm very interested in feedbacks about balance. They will help me to make decisions about how to implement updates and balance fixes. Too bad I don't play Dungelot 2 as much as you guys : )))

Eh...dreaming about sort of wikipedia page with descriptions and other cool stuff XD

12. Nachtfischer

Nachtfischer Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Game Designer
    Germany
    Really? I had tons of problems with the first game, but I never cared for varied tiles. After all, if the system is really strong and it takes creativity and ingenuity to do well at the game, then it could just be numbers on a grid as far as I'm concerned. A good strategy game will break down to that anyways in players' heads.

13. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Loving the game (only tried one run through atm). It's indeed fun and I love the art! Though I do miss the attack animations of the old one but this is still cool.

The game does seems to have some lack of explanation. Like I'm not sure what the blue bottle does (mana?). Then attack I figured out from the previous game but if I first started playing I wouldn't know that was attack (the sword behind it blends in too well).

And as for unlimited meat, how do you know you got it? Or did mine glitch since it still shows as buyable in the store and the meat shows 12 in the corner. Maybe it won't drop? It's hard to tell because each round I'm unable to quit so I can't tell if meat is being consumed or not by the time I leave.

Lastly, I wish it'd autosave in dungeons when you want to quit the game. Seems like you just restart at the map if the app quits.

Great game though!

14. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I probably wouldn't download numbers on a grid, but thats just me. And it takes a lot more to breakdown in my head, main reason why I couldn't continue with Warhammer Quest, the lack of environments killed the world immersion. I'm also not making a comparison between Dungelot and Warhammer Quest, they are totally different games, just responding to your comment.

15. Pixeye

Pixeye Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Indie developer
    Tnx for your feedback! About explanations..agree. We will add this point to our futureupdates

16. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Downloading from the PH store :D

17. BoneyCork

Jul 23, 2011
    Liking it so far but I'm a little worried about all the gold and rune iAPs.

Even if I buy the unlimited meat, I'm still going to get asked to resurrect myself with runes every time I die, and there could be quite the gold grind later on...

I think I'll hold off on paying to remove the timers until I can be sure it's nicely balanced later on.

18. JagerBombS

JagerBombS Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    So is there any way to increase hero stats?

19. BoneyCork

Jul 23, 2011
    #159 BoneyCork, Feb 13, 2014
    When I try to activate a warp without any runes I get the message:

"New TextMesh"

Which I'm guessing is a bug and is not very helpful... :)

Also, on the skills page, there's a big arrow with some Russian next to it...

20. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #160 Ayjona, Feb 13, 2014
    Is there no way to save in the middle of a dungeon run this time around as well? (It was added to Dungelot 1 after release.)

If so, I'm out. It is simply not feasible for me to play a mobile game (or any game, really, but games that can be interrupted buy phone calls, and that are played out and about, when waiting for meetings, etc) where I cannot bail at a minute's notice without saving my progress. (On general principle, no smartphone game should ever require more than a few minutes of a player's time without any possibility to save progress.)

(Seeing as the first game actually received criticism for this missing mechanic in TouchArcade's original review, as well as from players aplenty, I'm assuming this is either an oversight or something already on the roadmap. If there are no plans to implement this mechanic, then it would be nice to know, so that I can look elsewhere for my dungeoneering ;) )