Universal Dungelot 2 (by Red Winter Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by New England Gamer, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Pixeye

Pixeye Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Indie developer
    About iCloud. Somehow apploader didn't let me to upload version with iCloud this time, I spent few days trying to solve this problem and decided to give up cloud for a while. Even when it will come back there is little chance that any data will remain.

I'll check 3 and 4 ipads resolutions right now. It's very frustrating as I launched D2 on googleplay and everything seems fine there.

2. NeckLicKhia

NeckLicKhia Member

Jul 16, 2009
    iPad Air has this new resolution bug too, and language. :(

And my iPhone 4S didn't recognize an update, deleted my new progress and let me start from scratch and of course gave me no bonus.
    I am sick of it...

3. SPM21Bucky

SPM21Bucky Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Male
    Same problem on my iPad Air, dungeon is actually smaller than the screen on my iPhone 4s. Really hoping this gets fixed, I was enjoying the previous version, but it is getting pretty frustrating having my characters continually reset. Played the first dungeon level, but it's so small I just ended up closing the app, so not sure what "sorry" items are, I'll wait until after the next update.

4. B30

B30 Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Planet Earth
    #1304 B30, Jun 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
    It would be useful to have IAP for shortening the periods from one lousy update to the other. ###

5. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    #1305 Capronissimo71, Jun 21, 2014
    I sincerely appreciate all the efforts to make the game run flawlessly, but I don't really understand why with every update new issues come out. It's like a try this and let's see what happens. I'm not a programmer at all, so I can't really understand the mechanics, but this game, that i always consider a very good game, never got a clean version since its beginning. That's a pity because, as I said before and in other posts, D2 deserves in every way.

P.S. Sorry guys, is the update out everywhere? I'm on the italian AppStore and i can't see any notification. Thanks for Infos.

6. Felonious Tub

Felonious Tub Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    I loved the first Dungelot and really loved Dungelot 2 for the short time I have been able to play it. I bought the golden ham back in Feb when it was first released and have been waiting patiently for a working product.

After yet another failed update today, I have decided to vote with my wallet. I contacted Apple earlier with the details on what has happened, and even though my purchase was 4 months ago, I have already received a refund for the golden ham purchase.

I don't hold any ill feelings towards the developer, I really wish he can get his game in order. I just don't feel that I should be paying for something that is broken.

Once the game is working again, I will gladly repurchase the golden ham and play the heck out of it.

7. maikelg

maikelg Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    No update yet on the Dutch store. Maybe the update was pulled?

8. logik2000

logik2000 Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Please don't take this as critical. I've loved both games and spread the word to friends online and off. I played DL2 all freaking night, the other night*. But, I wonder if this is telling of the problem. Why would Google Play have anything to do with Apple devices? The latest bugs are Apple-specific (iCloud and device resolution). If you're using Google Play as your test bed, it wouldn't expose such problems. I'm pretty sure there's an iOS dev kit of some sort that includes a PC emulator to simulate the various devices or at least something along that line.

(*Only to get the White Screen Of Death the next time I turned it on. But maybe that was a good thing. Heh.)

9. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    I deleted and re-installed, started over before the update and when I did update, everything went smoothly and progress and resolution was fine. Though I never did experience the bugs people were talking about. Perhaps I'm just lucky.

Pixeye, in terms of iCloud, is there an Apple support system for developers or other ones you can contact? It seems strange that it would be giving you so many problems. I don't play on iPad so i don't care about device syncing but if I one day replace my phone it would be nice to know my saved data is there....that would be my main concern for this game and leave it at that.
    I mean, even the great Wayward Souls doesn't have iCloud yet. I guess it's kind of a pain in the ass....

10. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    No bugs so far on an up to date 5S, but where did that damn dragon pet go?!

11. Capronissimo71

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    No update on the italian Store so far. Please can you confirm this is not a soft launch update or a pulled one? Thanks!

12. Tone1978

Tone1978 Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Update started me from beginning. At least I got the 15 runes and 1000 gold from dev after first run .. And the 5 runes and 250 gold for reading the help scroll.. Il try again and see how I like the game..

13. Capronissimo71

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    #1313 Capronissimo71, Jun 21, 2014
    Don' really understand. I got no update.

14. Capronissimo71

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    P.S. Finally did the update but the play area on iPad is so small that's unplayable. If someone has some tricks to put all as it should be i'll be grateful!

15. NeckLicKhia

NeckLicKhia Member

Jul 16, 2009
    You should read at least the last few posts and then you would've known...

There is no fix yet, we need a new update.

16. Capronissimo71

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    Ok for the new update but I asked for help since someone on this thread, vectorarchitekt , seems to have found a solution.

17. mondoz

mondoz Well-Known Member

May 31, 2012
    He didn't have a fix. He said he never had the issues in the first place.

18. Mischief61

Mischief61 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Wow. Lost all my progress with this update. That really sucks!

19. PaPaFuNk

PaPaFuNk Active Member

Mar 11, 2009
    You have got to be kidding me. Can this ever come out and work on ipad properly??! Don't care about iCloud at all and don't even really mind losing progress but for the love of god it should fit on the screen! Nooooooo!!!!! Now we probably have to wait another freaking month. All I want to do is play the game on my ipad. It is literally the only game on iOS I even want to play. Please fix this ASAP. Or even send me a link so I can reload version 1.3 on my iPad mini retina. :mad::(:(

20. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    I've officially written this off... The Dev can keep my money, I'm not going to quibble over it even though I barely played the thing as I waited over and over for the fix to the old version and now the fix to this. I won't be buying another game from this developer again, which is a sad thing to say since I don't have a very long list for them to add to...

I hope everyone else sees a solution and fix for this so ermine down the road. This iPad gamer is done playing the waiting game. Deleted. Changing my 3 star rating to 1 star.