Universal Dungelot 2 (by Red Winter Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by New England Gamer, Feb 12, 2014.

1. ObsidianBlood

ObsidianBlood Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2013
    Yeah Friday release is kinda weird...

I think if it's ready to go you should just release it into the wild! It's big game night! This is a big game! Come on!

: )

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Amen Brother.

3. Sequence

Sequence Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Also agreed. Especially since the game is top of the "Hot New Games" and it's not even out yet...and this thread is getting so much traffic.

4. codebandit

codebandit Well-Known Member

Loved the first Dungelot (brilliant little dungeon game!), and am very excited for this one on Friday! :)

5. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Thanks to Pixeye I got to play this! It's so great guys. All I can say is Flappy what???? It's gonna be your go to game that you play in between all hours of your life. Smooth as silk, great gameplay mechanics and a wonderful skill tree to upgrade.

Will be posting more as I play more - so far only played a few rounds. You have one character available and others unlock as you get deeper in the dungeon. Honestly? I just want to get back to playing!

6. codebandit

codebandit Well-Known Member

Darn it, now you've made the wait for Friday even more difficult! ;)

That's awesome to hear though!

7. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

Yeah yeah don't brag! ;)

8. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Thanks for the post New England, will buy the unlock to support the dev. Can't wait!

9. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    i'm really excited about this, but i do admit that i'm still a bit miffed by how the dev abandoned the first game, leaving it unbalanced and incomplete. I hope this sequel is better and has more depth and content.

10. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The dev did say a little while ago he planned to do some work on the first game after this one is released. I'm not sure if it's still the plan but I'm sure we will find out.

11. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    According to the dev Facebook page there is more to come in the first one. Some new characters/heroes etc. Keep the faith!

12. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Valentine's Day release? Aiming for the single market?

13. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    #113 Echoen, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  14. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Got to say this has annoyed me ever so slightly but I'm still massively looking forward to playing 2. Having said that and I appreciate completely that I haven't played it yet so I can't comment on how well the Iap works, id much much rather it had just been a standard paid for game.

15. slothwerks

slothwerks Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

16. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    So if I bought the first now (haven't played it admittedly - did try the lite), is it not worth it? Sounds like it's a tad too difficult..

17. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    So again, here is where I see the IAP in this game.

Meat: you get a certain amount of meat that gives you energy or lives. This refills over time. I have never had below 2 hunks of meat. I have never been stymied because I don't have meat. You can purchase unlimited meat for a one time fee. In essence an unlock.

Goods: in the form of runes. So far the only thing I see this used for is continues. Die too early a death and you can use these as continues. Monsters drop them and I have found some in chests.

Gold: of course this is used for all kinds of things. Upgrade weapons. Add attributes. Etc. in other words - cheats. It's NOT carried into a dungeon. So you might have a ton of gold but each descent starts off with zero coins. Least what I have seen so far.

So there you have it. It is not unlike a zillion other games on the App Store right now that charges the impatient player to level up or go further. Very much like the old coin op arcade games that asked for an additional quarter to continue when you die. A practice that has been around since the invention of arcades.

And yes I have been playing quite far. It's NOT a game that has an endpoint so the endgame is the same as the start. It's a game with perma death. It's not like a freemium builder that gets harder the more you level up. The only part is the allocation of runes and if or when you want to use then to continue after death.

18. Pixeye

Pixeye Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Indie developer
    I never ever wanted to make "milk / farming whatever" game. The reality is that there is no way to gain more players than setting game for free ( for me ). I don't have publisher or big cash for marketing. It's not my fault that people want to get everything free. I had a choice to make yet another f2p game but I didn't. ( Or I don't understand something in gaming )

There are people that divide world on "black and white" and think that I'm evil or greedy. Guess I have to deal with it.

What I want is to make game better and fix all possible bugs :) In my opinion the game is very close to the first part. It's endless and challenging (I think so).

Cheers :)

19. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Release it now and we all will buy the timer remove IAP!!! :)

20. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Its like buying a base car for say $16,000 then "IF YOU WANT" you can upgrade it with additional things like leather seats and a navigation system. The extra stuff is optional and when games like Dungelot 2 do it that way its win win but in this case the game is free to begin with. I mean at least its not 99c with paywalls and such.