Universal Dungelot 2 (by Red Winter Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by New England Gamer, Feb 12, 2014.

1. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    My wife is going to be so pissed when all I do is play Dungelot 2 on Valentine's Day.

2. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Bring her flowers and take her out to a nice chinese dinner.
    You're not supposed to play on Valentine's day. ;)

3. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I really can't believe any of you dislike the art style, it is different to the first game but still great art it works really well with the game.

I've had the game for a couple of weeks now as I was helping test and looking forward to getting the new version with some changes in there. I know the original he submitted has been changed since so I'm unsure if they new version went live shortly or if he's waiting on an expedited review of the update.

Either way it's a great game and don't worry about it being free and IAP at all...if anything I worry more for Pixeye. Feel free to ask anything.

4. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Same never played the first but this looks cool

5. jgainsbrugh

jgainsbrugh Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2013
    Disappointed with the Stamina thing. How much is the one time purchase?

6. Pixel_Gamer

Pixel_Gamer Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    $3.99

7. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Basically the way the game is built is you can get it and play for free but obviously it's limited by the meat you have which recovers over time. If you buy the IAP then no meat/energy system and play as much as you like so it's just like purchasing the game anyway exept you get to try before you buy so to me it's even better.

The energy was actually very very generous in my build I could play for hours on end and never run out...which isn't good for the dev or us if we want to see another game come in the future so it has apparently been tuned a bit and I hope it works well and isn't too generous now.

8. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    So sad

I was looking forward to this soooo much. I was driving (shhhhh) and popped open my toucharcade app and saw it was out. Then...denied!!!!

So sad i guess i'll wait like the rest of us

9. Sequence

Sequence Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Ugh. I though it was accidentally released and was the plan was to release it tonight like most new ios games.

Pretty bummed out... I don't really look forward to new releases but I was excited about this one.

Valentines day release? My wife's not gonna be happy about that lol.

Guess I can wait 2 days. I hope the dev sees how much positive buzz his game is getting. The first game was great, looking forward to the sequel!

10. BoneyCork

BoneyCork Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2011
    I hope Square-Enix doesn't have anything to say about that character art on the first screenshot. It looks more than a little like Vivi from Final Fantasy IX.

11. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Since we know this was accidental, wouldn't it make sense to move the posts here to the Upcoming thread and close this one down? Just a thought.

12. araczynski

araczynski Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    programmer
    omaha, ne
    loved the first one, but the IAP in this one is a joke.

13. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    It seems like apps that are released then pulled historically retain the thread in released games; and moderators edited the title to reflect status suggesting they are ok with continuing this thread. Sanuku's already hinted at posting impressions.

14. Fuzzyaardvark

Fuzzyaardvark Active Member

Dec 24, 2011
    UK
    I did the same as many others...saw it was released, got all excited, couldn't download, came here hoping to see it would release tonight.

A couple more days, that's not so bad. I was already excited for Friday, as the new season of House of Cards starts on Netflix.

Kevin Spacey/ Dungelot marathon sounds good.

15. Pixeye

Pixeye Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Indie developer
    #75 Pixeye, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
    Hello everyone:) Thanks for your support and patience! It means much for us:)
    Apple reviewed game TOO fast:) We originally wanted to release it on friday.

I'm sorry that can't answer personally to everyone, but I do read your feedbacks.

P.S. Normally I thought Apple give a little bit time to decide time of publishing after successful review. Instead they automatically proceed game to store. We planned to make it in January but it took time for tons of stuff to check. So it's OK and nothing about making people waiting a little bit more or make them unhappy :)

Cheers!

16. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

I think you should give us an early Valentines day gift, lol. Huge fan, first one is still on my devices and still playing.

17. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    If it's out I think you should just leave it out :) Since now everyone gets into disappointment mode (like I am).

I was super excited for this but to hear about the timers.. now not so much. I've said this in many previous thread that timers are probably the WORST iap type of all iap.

18. Pixeye

Pixeye Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Indie developer

The timers are VERY generous as we give you ability to lock them forever. It's still a paid game.

19. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    So if all is well and OK, just release it now :)
    I mean it´s good old release wednesday after all

20. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Have you even played the game? The free energy is too generous in my opinion it's a paid game if you buy the IAP which is the price you'd buy the game at anyway and that removes all energy. Or you can still play completely free by doing a couple of dungeons at a time and then come back later...

In all honesty I played for hours and hours upon end and never ran out as my runs lasted so long by the time I finished one run I had full energy again. The cost has been increased now which I hope makes it not as generous or many people won't need to buy the game.