Universal Duet Game (by Kumobius)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by copaeci, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Hey, great to see you enjoying this game. But you are right, there is a nice addictive vibe to this game, sometimes you want to cuss, but the thrill of actually completing a hard level, really puts a smile on your face.

2. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Dear Transcendance ii,

Please die a slow and painful death. I hate you.

Love,
    JCho133

3. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Yeah, I think Acceptance VI was the hardest level for me to beat (not counting Transcendence levels).

I have to admit I wasn't completely sold on the trailer. I thought "How could I ever play that, my brain will never comprehend what to do!" Based on comments here I picked the game up, and I'm glad I did. And while some of the levels are really hard, I was amazed at how continuing to practice resulted in figuring out the patterns to the point of automatically being able to do the movements. I kept wondering how in the world I was making it through Acceptance IX. Great feeling to finally pass a level. Bad feeling to almost pass a hard level only to by the last obstacle!

4. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

This. You become able to instantly notice an upcoming pattern and it's almost like muscle memory. And then something new throws off your whole flow...

I like the rewind effect when you hit something, I find it a cooler version of the usually instant restart.

5. Yeah, I agree with you guys.

What I find funny is that I often game right before I am going to sleep, and when I start dying left and right, it means sleep time, cause one can not play this game sleepy. :)

6. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Yeah, muscle memory plays a big role in getting through the levels. And it is really cool to recognize a segment, and nail it! As someone else mentioned, it really does feel like a dance. I've had to play with no sound, so I find that I start bobbing my head to the movement to help me keep rhythm. :)

And rewind is nice, and the fact that there is a paint splat on the spots you have hit. I actually found that really helps me in endless for dealing with the segments where all of the horizontal bars are moving back and forth. I use my previous paint marks to tell me when to switch rotation. :)

7. Sometimes I think alot of it is just luck too. :)

8. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    I'm just here to repeat what I'm positive has been said several times throughout this thread...
    The small bits of dialog, and the soundtrack take this game over the top from good to great.

9. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I don't understand the "Total Finesse" leaderboard. Like what is it

10. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    #90 Lazer Kat, Oct 14, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
    Catch-22, Anyone?

What this game reminds me of more than any of the others it's being compared to, and I'm not exactly sure why because the comparison isn't obvious, but it really gives me the same feel as "Catch 22". C22 is one of my all time faves. I just went to reinstall and sadly it appears to have been removed from the App Store.

Kumobius -
    If you're listening, I'd love the ability to turn off the background visuals (as they make me feel a bit queezy) while maintaining the paint splats.

11. Mr Kumobius

Mr Kumobius Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Hey Lazer Kat,

Thanks for the suggestion, you've raised a good point and we'll address it in our first update (which should be within the next couple of weeks I think - although don't hold me to that!)

12. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    I hope for their next game Kumobius can figure out how to treat the player like a sparring partner rather than an opponent to be defeated by any means. App deleted, review removed and I'm definitely not going to be recommending this to any more friends.

13. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    Thank you

14. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    The update you need is one for your attitude.
    V.2.0
    - Overall Bug Fixes
    - increase in patience
    - increase in persistence
    - Decrease in Anger
    - Decrease in entitlement

15. Bronxsta

What...are you being serious? Sarcastic? (Can't always tell on the internet)

You do realize that this is meant to be a challenging game, where you learn and improve from your mistakes? Every level is beatable through improving your skills and learning each wave.

16. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    I think what sealed the deal for me was how tastefully the endless mode is handled. It's lenient enough to let you re-attempt a tricky part, yet firm enough to let you know when you've reached the end of your run.

Really well done, Kumobius. Top notch.

17. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    I know there is an audience for the kind of masochism this game is selling, but I am not part of it. If you would re-read my statement you will see I did not say I was going to rate it one star and demand an update to fix the levels or give us an option of difficulty nor did I even say I would apply for a refund. I am simply removing myself from the equation, I have nothing positive to say about the game now.

18. Bronxsta

May I ask what stage you reached? I mean, if the various other players here are slowly but surely making progress, in what ways would you propose that the developers fix the levels? I'm genuinely curious

19. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Please re-read the statement you just quoted, specifically this part:

20. Bronxsta

I understand. I'm just asking if there are any ways you think the game could be improved. And what stage did you reach?

Personally I found the game more about pattern recognition and adapting to new patterns rather than the twitchy style gameplay of Super Hexagon or Impossible Road.