Universal Duet Game (by Kumobius)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by copaeci, Oct 10, 2013.

1. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    It does, and in those levels I'm painting a whole modern art landscape -_-

2. B3NDoX

B3NDoX Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    Should I get duet or type:rider I'm leaning towards duet because I love kumobuis and there games and I love the style and type:rider seems short.

3. I like Duet better, though both are great games.

4. B3NDoX

B3NDoX Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    I just got duet and I love this game it really gets you in a trance.

5. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Tough one, they are both great. Having played both i don't think I could choose one over the other as they a different. Luckily I was able to get both as my husband and little girl gave me an iTunes voucher for my bday.

Is probably say duet, but on,y because I'm having problems with type rider on my mini.

6. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

I got both and I don't know how I'm going to choose a GOTW because both are excellent. Type:Rider is physics puzzle platformer with brilliant level design and tons of atmosphere. Personally I haven't experienced any crashes.

Duet is just wonderfully minimalist, a fun challenging game that tests your skills and reflexes. It had a good chunk of content and is always thrilling and intense. It feels more like a puzzle game compared to games like Super Hexagon and Pivvot

7. Those fracking acceptance levels...

8. Alright! Join the club! Yeah, it is quite a challenge!

9. Bronxsta

In...invisible blocks? ....the horrors....

What other horrors await? I'm only on the last wave of Denial

10. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    As soon as I saw the trailer I thought "Well this looks right up my alley" but I haven't got it yet. Mainly because it only cost me $2 for Monster Adventures. Hmmmmm idk what to dooo. I loved super hexagon and boson x.

11. I think many people will like this game far more than monster adventures. Get it.

12. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    But but, Monster Adventures and I are in a serious relationship right now

13. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Ok I'm getting it

14. Just delete the itunes receipt from your email, hide it in the purchases menu, and put the game icon in the last endless folder in ios 7. Then she will never find out.

There you go, I'm actually liking this game more than Super Hexagon now, hope you do too.

15. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Does this file grow too much after the d/l?
    I'm about to d/l it...just want to know if its more than 70 mbs or so installed, so iI sould wait to get to wifi.

16. Bronxsta

Only 33.3MB installed

17. Bronxsta

Probably missed it, but what does the green mark on a wave select icon mean?

18. That has to be one of the best parts about this game. Wish there were more small gems like this.

19. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    #60 Andy C83, Oct 12, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
    Another stunner by Kumobius. Duet is hypotonic, spellbinding, infuriating and extremely gratifying.

Duet Game deserves to be mentioned alongside similar minimalist games such as Super Hexagon and Pivvot. And others that are lesser known but are just as great: Gauge - Game and infinite. :)

5 star review left on iTunes and very well deserved. Thank you, Kumobius!