Universal Duelstar - Local Multiplayer Spacewar Game for iOS

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Kyynele, Nov 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyynele

Kyynele Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Game Artist/Dev
    Tampere, Finland
    #1 Kyynele, Nov 2, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
    Hello all!

I have developed a one-button, local multiplayer spacewar game for iOS, and am launching it on 11/11/16.

[​IMG]

It's a 2D space shooter for 2 players on a single device. The one button controls make it easy to play even on the smaller screen of an iPhone. It also features a 1 player practice mode against AI. The game will be an universal build, require iOS 9.0+, and sold in the 2 dollars price category, with no ads or IAPs.

At launch, the game has 6 unique ships with varying mechanics. I plan to add new ships to the game regularly, for free. My aim is to offer as wide a viable variety as the simple controls allow, with asymmetric balance: some ships are stronger against some specific others, some are very easy to pick up and do well with, while others are more unforgiving, but very powerful in the right hands. I'm currently working on a missile massacre based 7th ship, and expect it to be ready shortly after the launch. :)

I'll add more materials in this thread as I get them finalized for the launch. Here's the app preview. Sorry for the shoddy editing, it was my first time! :D

Thank you for your attention!

2. ShaggyPKA

ShaggyPKA Active Member

May 16, 2013
    Looks great! Will be grabbing this on 11/11. I'm happy to hear there's AI. How good is it? I'm hoping it will make me sweat :)

3. Bi88les

Bi88les Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2012
    That's not shoddy editing - it shows off your game really well!
    I know it's difficult, but online multiplayer would take this game from good to epic!!

4. Kyynele

Kyynele Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Game Artist/Dev
    Tampere, Finland
    Hmm. My original intended function for the practice mode was to give new players a chance to get into the one button control mechanic, and honestly left the AI pretty gimped.

I'm pretty sure I don't want the practice mode to be super punishing to new players, so I probably have to look into adding some kind of an AI difficulty menu into the game (as well as tuning up the AI itself), now that I'm reminded that there might be demand for it. The contents for the first update are pretty much set already, but maybe after that one. Thanks for the feedback! :)

Thanks! If at some point I can find a way to get in a well performing online multiplayer feature with the resources I have available, you can be sure it will get updated to the game. :)

Anyway, here are some new Appstore marketing pictures! This time in iPhone aspect ratio:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So close to launch, getting pretty nervous. :D

5. ShaggyPKA

ShaggyPKA Active Member

May 16, 2013
    RE: AI

Thanks for taking my suggestion into consideration! It would be great to have a challenging AI to fight when there is no one else around to play locally. I appreciate active devs, and will definitely be grabbing this on release day.