Due Date - Stork Delivery App

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by electrichuman, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Hi everyone,

I have been a big fan and read up a bunch on TouchArcade for some while now, however just now decided to register so I could post some information and get some feedback on the app we have been developing.

So here is my high level write up about the app:

Due Date is a 2-D action/adventure game where you help storks deliver babies to the right home with just one-tap! It's easy to learn and anyone can pick it up. But timing is everything! Houses change colors, babies need to be in the right homes, bad houses have to be avoided. Wind & parachutes are at your disposal with a simple tap or swipe.

Attached are a few screenshots to give you some more insight.

Thoughts? I have a few questions, but wanted to first create a thread and post a little background behind it before launching into my Q's.

Thanks in advance for taking a look and letting me know what you think!

Attached Files:

• _1.png
      _1.png
      File size:
      276.5 KB
      Views:
    • _2.png
      _2.png
      File size:
      347 KB
      Views:
    • _3.png
      _3.png
      File size:
      765.4 KB
      Views:
  2. Soliciting User Feedback within the App

Alright - first question: we are almost complete with development... just a few additions (social integration/option to share via Twitter/Facebook) we are looking to make and then any bug fixes we find when we QA it.

We are wondering how vital it is to include some touch points throughout the game for the user to "rate" and "review" it. I know DrawSomething does a great job pushing its users to "Rate our app and give us 5 stars" after the user completes a drawing... genius in my opinion as this is what drives an app to get better visibility and better placement within Apple.

That being said, do you think we launch it without this feature (in order to have it live sooner) or take the time to add this feature in before submitting it to Apple?

Please advise! Appreciate it.