Universal Dub Dash (by Headup Games GmbH & Co KG)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Ph3onix44

Ph3onix44 New Member

Oct 21, 2015
    Dubstep Rock Complete!

I beat the game! Sweet! Looking forward to upcoming levels :)

2. GDDreamzy

GDDreamzy Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2015
    i have none, lol
    Inside Motion.
    Dont think that DotV fits into Dub Dash.

What can fit would be

Sonic Blaster,
    Ludicrous Speed,
    Deadlocked

Also, if you get in Contact with EnV, then it would be awesome.

Also, i agree with the recommendation towards Waterflame,
    He makes awesome music and you should definitly contact him :)

3. AndThereItIs

AndThereItIs Member

Oct 20, 2015
    What ?!
    Can't beat Milky Way. So hard, moves so fast my brain can't take it.

4. [ GD ] PixelatedIce

[ GD ] PixelatedIce Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2015
    Cheeseburgers
    Secret location in Antartica
    Env and Waterflame is a good choice. I also they should add songs by "Rukkus", "DJ Nate", and "Xtrullor". No hate Hatezy.

5. Incodra

Incodra Well-Known Member

Let me say only this for now. We are in touch with Waterflame, too. ;) Be prepared! :D

Well, we loved DotV and it was already on our list for DD, but... it somehow didn't make it. It is very special and I'm not sure if violins are the right thing to take in DD.

Well, the main suggestion seems to be Waterflame and as I said... ;)
    Env is also a pretty good artist. We'll see what we can do.

In general I think that when planning the next set of levels, we could let you guys decide. Something like: Here is the list of songs we have chosen and now it's up to you to choose your favourites for the next 2-3 levels in Dub Dash. Let me say that we have already 2 songs fixed in the pipeline for the future.

Don't give up. At least you enjoy that awesome track so many times. :D

6. Incodra

Next Dub Dash update coming soon with a Recording feature!

Just wanna say that we would like to submit the first update of Dub Dash for approval soon. :eek: The main thing we wanted to add is the recording feature requested by many of you already. There are two options we are taking into account (and testing currently):

1) ReplayKit
    2) Everyplay

Everyplay is well-known and used by millions gamers already. ReplayKit is an Apple framework and opens a good opportunity to get a "best new update" feature. Hmmm... What do you think would be better? What would you prefer? Let us hear what you think!

P.S. If you allow notifications for DD on your device you'll be informed as soon as the update is out. ;)

7. GDDreamzy

Aug 20, 2015
    i have none, lol
    Inside Motion.
    How is the Android and PC Version doing?

Also, first speculations on Android Requirements and PC?

8. Incodra

They are doing pretty well. ;) Work in progress, no speculations for now. As soon as we have something new to say, we'll post it.

What about recording method then? Don't care? ;)

9. GDDreamzy

Aug 20, 2015
    i have none, lol
    Inside Motion.
    Everyplay works also on Android.
    For PC, i have Fraps.

10. LyonsRoar

LyonsRoar New Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Student
    Somewhere in America
    Sounds great! I bought the full version too ;) F-777 is a really great guy, and a recording system sounds really cool! Keep up the great work! :)

11. Incodra

Yeah, that's the reason we are looking at Everyplay. On the desktop there are so many possibilities. ;) We are also using Fraps, but we have made the best experience with QuickTime.

Thanks! ;)

12. GDDreamzy

Aug 20, 2015
    i have none, lol
    Inside Motion.
    I don't use Mac OSX, i use Windows 7, but i may switch over to Windows 10...
    Also, i have a Kindle Fire Tablet with Android 4.0.1 and an Samsung Galaxy S4 with Android 5.0.1

13. Incodra

No idea if QuickTime on Windows has similar performance. Oh... Android 4.0.1 is probably too old. S4 should be fine.

14. GDDreamzy

Aug 20, 2015
    i have none, lol
    Inside Motion.
    Thats what i thought with 4.0.1, welp. Atleast still having a phone with Android 5.0.1 :)

15. DT Mark

DT Mark Well-Known Member

#115 DT Mark, Oct 27, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
    Brand new fresh game!

A brand new fresh game, sweet!

Amazing how the developer is very active since the community didn't get to grow yet.

Too bad that I didn't get to play this, I'm on PC and Android...

I also recommend (someone in this thread already did) to use one of Xtrullor's songs for upcoming levels. Some hard and epic dubstep would fit the style. Besides, it's pretty easy to contact him :)

I really love that fish eye effect! Wondering if more fx are coming? (Glitchy screen like in the trailer, inverted colors, fast motion blur, glow, shake effect...) It would definitively increase the difficulty, so why not add an extra difficulty mode? (for hardcore players) (alright I agree that a new difficulty mode wouldn't be such a great idea).

Why not adding some moving platforms? (Alright, that would just make everything harder, :p )

One thing: from what I saw on the videos, there is only one design of block and spike. A greater diversity of designs could be something, maybe bricks or long blocks, who knows? Not complaining because the backgrounds are already very detailed :)

Again, I didn't get to play the game as I don't have an ios device so I may sound pretty ignorant, but I'm really looking forward playing it this year!

Anyways, I'm following you and DD :)

PS: I understand that you have some ToDos before anything, this was just some ideas for future updates ;P
    PPS: Sorry if II wasn't clear on some points, my English isn't really the best :D

16. Incodra

Thanks for all your suggestions. We're happy to hear the suggestions, collect them and hopefully someday we'll also implement them. As you said, the community is very small, yet, but no Apple Feature meant no initial visibility. We have to be more patient and hope that this will change. Steam and Android will definitely come, but then we have to decide what to do.

Regarding the hardcore part... we'd love to add more difficulty, but for now I think DD is already very, very hard. ;)

Thanks for your support although you still did not have the chance to play DD. ;)

17. GDDreamzy

Aug 20, 2015
    i have none, lol
    Inside Motion.
    New Difficulty Added: Demon (Totally not Geometry Dash, XD, jk)

I would prefer a level editor in the Future and Newgrounds Support for custom Songs, just like Geometry Dash it has :)

18. Incodra

I know, and you are not the only one. ;) We'd love to get the chance to do it, but as I said in the past we need much bigger / stronger community support for that. Level editor is definitely the largest ToDo we have and you have to understand that we cannot do it without strong support. We simply do not have time to gamble and otherwise we'll have to follow other projects although we'd love to work on DD "to infinity and beyond". :D

If every single GD player would get hands on DD that would definitely work out. ;) We are simply not big enough to push it ourselves, so we have only the hope that the current small community will grow by spreading the word.

One thing we would like to know: Do you guys think that the very first game track "Flying High" is already too hard for most of the people? The JUMP mode in Dub Dash is a quit new experience since you tap to avoid, but the wheel is first moving "to the side" and then automatically coming back to the middle of the track. In addition, "Flying High" is already a quite fast music track (160bpm). More precisely: Is there a need for an easier first track or a better intro for this JUMP mode?

19. GDDreamzy

Aug 20, 2015
    i have none, lol
    Inside Motion.
    Jump Mode?... You mean something like the Ship in GD? Well the second Flying Section is a bit hard in the beginning, you have to be insanely fast in the Reflex, and many are not so... maybe make that a bit easier since it is level 1.

20. Incodra

What I mean with "jump" is the very first thing you play, where you tap left/right to avoid obstacles. The second flying mode is only hard the very first time, then you know what to do. ;) Changing current levels is not really an option. Instead, adding a new simple track could be an option if needed... not sure.