Universal Dub Dash (by Headup Games GmbH & Co KG)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Dysfunctional_Popo

Oct 10, 2015
    The flying, UFO, and race sections in Helium make me want to break something. Holy crap is Helium hard.

2. Shyning

Shyning Member

May 17, 2015
    I love it, finally it came out. Milky Ways is so awesome. Great job guys, wish you just the best for the future ... but dont forget to make new tracks for Dub Dash :cool:

3. [ GD ] PixelatedIce

[ GD ] PixelatedIce Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2015
    Cheeseburgers
    Secret location in Antartica
    I have a few basic questions on "Dub Dash".

[1.] How big will the Dub Dash community be in order for you to add a level editor and how will it work?

[2.] Will you add customizable icons?

[3.] Are you planning to add more concepts that aren't related to game modes?

[4.] Will you post teasers and sneak peaks on updates?

[5.] Will you take user ideas and suggestions?

4. Incodra

Incodra Well-Known Member

Great! Helium? Wow! Impressive! :eek: We have all these things on our list, but we'll obviously need some time for it. But recording the levels will definitely come soon. For now you could simply post the end screen when you finish a level. ;)

5. Incodra

More tracks will come, but these 8 should be challenging enough for now, don't you think? :D

6. Incodra

Now we are talking... ;)

1) How about 10.000 or 100.000 or 1 Million players? :eek: This number is hard to define. We now have a number of ToDos in front of us with the next iOS update to add at least Recording and some other smaller things, then Android, PC / Steam. When these basic ToDos are done, we have to check how the game performed until then and we'll see. The exact number is less important than the perspective how this number will develop in future. Now saying how the level editor will work is a bit too early. I think that the creation of the editor will be done step-by-step in permanent exchange with the community.

2) Yeah, it would be cool to add some kind of customisation. Icons and colors are two possible options.

3) We have so many plans. ;) As said above; first we need the already defined basic things. Then the size of the community will define the rest. Let me say one thing at this point: Multiplayer! ;) Could already happen in the PC / Steam version.

4) Yes, as much as the community needs and as much we are able to deliver. ;)

5) We'd be more than happy to do it.

Thanks for your questions. ;)

We hope that the community will grow fast. An Apple feature could have helped a lot and the signs were not that bad before the release, but then... we think that many of the GD players (perhaps most of them) would like to play DD, but how many of them will get to know that DD exists. We appreciate any support we can get: Ratings (App Store, here at TA), comments on all possible social platforms and please... Spread the word! :D

7. Dysfunctional_Popo

Oct 10, 2015
    #47 Dysfunctional_Popo, Oct 11, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
    Noooooo. Add the level editor earlier instead of when it gets popular. One of the reasons why Geometry Dash got popular was because of the level editor. Right now if you beat all 8 levels it gets stale and there is nothing to do. With a level editor people will make videos of their levels and people will see that. And with the level editor you won't get bored and leave the community after beating the 8 levels :(. Please add the level editor early so the community will grow.

Also 76% on Helium, the upside down duals are annoying. Also practice mode is awesome. I think I can beat Helium :)

Edit: Now 83% :(

8. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    OK I'm starting to love this game even more and appreciate how much work has gone into it.
    I was way too busy concentrating on trying to beat the levels and didn't fully absorb the backgrounds, but they are gorgeous. They change form level to level and as of such each one feels different and has their own personality. The coolest touch, though, is that the level crosses itself multiple times! Play an easier level like Midnight Sun and pay attention to the background. You'll see parts of the level crossing itself everywhere. In particular the first music note of that stage is a nice intersection; if you leave it you'll be able to see it as you pass under it later on in the level!

9. Incodra

I fully understand your point, but the thing is we are gonna implement the other basics (versions for other platforms, recording,...) first anyway in order to allow more people to play it (we got so many requests for Android an PC already). Then we will see what happens. Without a community base we'll get a problem. Look, destroying something is easy, really easy. On the other hand building something great takes some time and needs strong support. Current example of Dub Dash ratings in the Us App Store: 3x 5Stars and great reviews, 2x 1Star and no review... this simple bashing is easy to do, nobody cares and there is no way to react. We need a community to support us!

Happy you like the practice mode. Helium 83% is really amazing! :eek: Feel free to post the screenshots of your end screens. Be the first one! ;)

10. Incodra

Happy, that someone noticed these details. :D It is hard to follow the environments while you're playing. You need to concentrate, but as we were developing Dub Dash we were also thinking of how the videos will look like or how it would be to play and your friends are looking over the shoulder. The player has the most fun, but the "viewers" do see more, so you actually wanna play both roles! ;) We are really happy that these things (level crossings, level based themes, etc.) get noticed. :D

The thing with the note is another cool detail. Thanks for pointing that out. ;)

11. Dysfunctional_Popo

Oct 10, 2015
    [​IMG]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I WAS AT THE LAST FLYING PART AKA THE STRAIGHT FLYING. OMG SO CLOSE

12. Incodra

This is really bad luck! :D Did you collect the notes on your way already? If yes, then it's even more painful! :D

13. Dysfunctional_Popo

Oct 10, 2015
    [​IMG]
    YES! FINALLY BEAT HELIUM. THIS IS A LOT HARDER THAN ANTI HEADACHE ESPECIALLY THE RACE AND FLYING PARTS. THE DUALS WERE PRETTY ANNOYING. I DONT THINK I CAN BEAT THIS AGAIN FOR RECORDING.
    I THINK IM THE FIRST PERSON TO BEAT THIS. NEXT UP IS DUBSTEP ROCK.
    [​IMG]
    No notes this time :(

14. Dysfunctional_Popo

Oct 10, 2015
    I am going to collect the notes later, some of them aren't even worth it. The notes are really hard and I would rather beat the level early than get the notes.

15. Incodra

Congrats dude! :eek: You're the first I've seen so far! Well done! ;)

16. Dysfunctional_Popo

Oct 10, 2015
    Thanks! Dubstep Rock isn't too bad so far and I think I can do it! Hope you update the game frequently! :)

17. Incodra

We'd like to, but this will strongly depend in the community. Enjoy the completely different sound in level 8 and good luck. ;)

18. Incodra

Music tracks - Download links!

Hi there! Well it seems as though simply saying the music by A can be found on B is not enough. :rolleyes: Here are now the direct links to the music tracks used in Dub Dash as provided by the music artists:

Flying High by JiltedGeneration: http://audiojungle.net/item/flying-high-dnb-/9363595
    Sound Ward by DJVI: http://djvi.bandcamp.com/album/sound-ward
    Milky Ways by Bossfight: https://bossfightmusic.bandcamp.com/track/milky-ways-redux
    Dub Dash by JiltedGeneration: http://audiojungle.net/item/dub-dash/12154292
    Midnight Sun by DJVI: https://djvi.bandcamp.com/track/midnight-sun
    Anti Headache by DJVI: http://djvi.bandcamp.com/track/anti-headache
    Helium by Synchrotron: http://audiojungle.net/item/helium/5843944
    Dubstep Rock by oneBYone: http://audiojungle.net/item/rock-and-roll-dubstep/10939210

Additional link to all three songs by DJVI: https://djvi.bandcamp.com/album/dub-dash-songs

Enjoy!

19. grid

grid Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2009
    iPhone Game Dev
    Minneapolis, MN
    AWESOME!!!

Thanks so much for posting this.

20. Dysfunctional_Popo

Oct 10, 2015
    I DID IT, I BEAT DUBSTEP ROCK! It isn't too hard and the level was really fun unlike Helium. This is easier than Helium :)!
    [​IMG]
    Sadly no notes but now since I beat all of the levels I'm going to collect them all! Also I can't wait for the new update so I can record and is there a new level in the update?
    [​IMG]
    I'm ready for the next level!