Dual Stick Multiplayer

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by sweetdiss, Nov 15, 2010.

1. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    There are a lot of dual stick shooters on the AppStore. Unfortunately, they are all pretty much single player affairs. I want a dual stick shooter with online multiplayer modes, like deathmatch and capture the flag -- I think that'd be sweet. Like a top-down DinoSmash.

Does anyone know of any I have missed, or any that the devs have promised online multiplayer in in the future? (Bluetooth and local wifi don't count, and neither does Gun Bros... I want TRUE online multiplayer.)

Seriously, with all the dual stick shooters crowding the AppStore, why is this so hard?

2. shawntim

shawntim Member

Dec 31, 2009
    Male
  3. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Alive4Ever / Alive4Ever Returns have coop multiplayer.

Minigore had announced a 2-player mode aeons ago, but it hasn't seen the light of day yet.

EDIT: Sorry, not sure if they're online or not, may be local only.

4. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Alive 4 Ever and A4ER are local multiplayer only.

Revolt is supposedly going to get online multiplayer but unless I've missed something the dev is being secretive about the specific details. That'll be amazing though if/when it does happen.

5. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    "Yeah, for the amount of multiplayer requests for the game, there is NO way we are going to NOT have multiplayer. Things that will come first are 1.2 update which will co-release with LITE version, and then the price will rise.

After that will be multiplayer. We have tons of cool ideas for game types beyond the standard DM, TDM, CTF, etc."

Says the Revolt dev in another forum. Yay : )