Universal Drylands (by Gaspar Mereu)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 15, 2015.

1. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

By flipping my device I can now get past the text box. Howevever if you flip during gameplay half of the buttons work, the other half won't. Example you can jump but not move or you can move not jump. Just have to start the game with the device flipped.

2. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    I just watched the video now, and touchy's version got wind blowing in the background. My version - no wind :confused:
    Also, the fix doesn't help to get rid of this awefull nois on my right ear-phone side. Put the game on hold until the right version is out. A bit disappointment comes up...

I could re-dl the game and start all over again, but what if it remains the same?
    Result would be a lost progression and still couldn't play as it's supposed to be.

3. AngryBugs

AngryBugs Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Hey people,
    Sadly I must inform that after some deliveration we decided to pull the game from the appstore...
    The reason is that the game don't work as expected in different iOS versions (the last one 8.3 generated most of the issues), doesn't matter the device, and the last update only fixed it for some people.
    We wouldn't want to take people's money if the game doesn't work for everyone, and of course, even if the game had great reception, we will keep getting a lot of low scores if is not fixed.

I'm totally sorry, this game has so much work put into it that it saddens us to do this... but, we will keep working a little longer still and come back with a version that everyone will enjoy.

Hope you understand, and if anyone feel the need to ask for a refund, you can ask Apple for it.

Thanks for everything and I'll keep you posted!

PS: We still are having problems with our Apple developer account and can't generate promo codes for any of our games... when that is sorted too and Drylands is ready, I'll send codes to everyone that helped.

4. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Well I'd rather wait for it to be fixed properly before carrying on any further with the game. I've only played about an hour but it's annoying having to flip my phone one way to play and another to use the menus.
    Hope it's all sorted out and running smooth for when you release it properly.

5. Dema9o9ue

Dema9o9ue Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jan 16, 2015
    Wow. I'm very disappointed but I hope a good version makes it to the store eventually. I won't ask for a refund and hope that my money helps go to further developing it. There is such a lack of post apocalyptic games on ios. This niche needs to be filled.

6. Bernzwong

Bernzwong Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 26, 2011
    Good luck with the fix. Will purchase when you put it back up!

Your constant feedback and being open to criticism as a developer is fantastic and I cannot wait to support you when this is all sorted out!

7. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    It's Been updated now apparently. Can anybody report back if it's improved before I buy? (Using air2)

Really want this but I've enough to keep me going till it gets fixed.

8. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Read the post above from the dev

9. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011

Bugger sorry

How on earth did I miss that.....?

10. Lift the Camel

Lift the Camel Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2013
    @AngryBugs
    Thanks for the update! I hope the relaunch goes well. I'm looking forward to playing it some more when that happens. From what I played so far, I'm really enjoying it. No need for a refund.

11. collider

collider Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 22, 2013
    CEO/Owner Collider, Inc.
    NYC
    I downloaded the update just now, fixes the iPhone 6 1/3 screen problem.

12. invalidmicah

invalidmicah Member

Mar 28, 2013
    How do I ask Apple for a refund? The game looks cool but I have better things to spend my money on than a broken game. Maybe once this game releases a stable, working version, I will purchase it again.

13. AngryBugs

AngryBugs Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    In your purchase history click the arrow besides the game, Report a problem, follow steps.

Thanks for the support everyone, I'll get in touch again when we have some news.

14. Bullos

Bullos Member

Sep 24, 2011
    I feel for you and also commend your honesty and even going as far as telling people how to get their money back.
    I myself won't be asking for a refund and I'm treating this as a semi playable demo and I'm looking forward to playing it again when it is working properly.

Good luck and try not to stress too much.

15. rhamptonjunk@gmail.com

[email protected] New Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Web engineer
    Found a work around for my IPhone 5. Jump button only works when home button is on left. Computer screen items only work when home button is on right. Whole lot of flipping to play the game, but it works.

16. Vellrath

Vellrath Active Member

Dec 30, 2012
    #116 Vellrath, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
    HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, period!

Sure, Drylands got off to a rocky start, but this is obviously a very small team with limited resources, and what they have accomplished is incredible! Stick with it.

I've been playing side-scrolling shoot-em-ups since the '80s and this game deserves top marks! This is a direct love letter to the best RPGs and post-apocalypitic/sci-fi games, movies and publications out there. There is TONS of content jam packed into this gem, in the art, animation, and writing. Have patients, they are fixing the problems. Wait and use the updates. You want this game. You need this game. Get it immediately upon (hopefully bug-free) re-release! Play Drylands. Give the small team credit, these are the developer underdog heroes that the community needs.

Side note, the only issue on my iPad Air iOS 8.2 is soundtrack playback error when entering bunkers, turn the music off in the settings.

17. Vellrath

Vellrath Active Member

Dec 30, 2012
    #117 Vellrath, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
    Absolute best wishes to the devs in resolving the issues. I truly hope this title gets the credit it deserves once it's fixed. Glad I have a copy installed. I doubt I'll be able to transfer my save though, I've gotten pretty far.

18. Azi

Azi Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2014
    Only thing I don't like about this game so far is the muscle bound character you play. I wish you could pick from a few options, such as a female option and non Rambo looking fella.

19. zeratulo

zeratulo Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Not only is the update not showing up, the App Store is saying that game isn't available in the U.S. Anyone else getting this?

20. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Same here. Game has been pulled.

Billy

Attached Files: