Universal Drylands (by Gaspar Mereu)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    5s here just tried that and it works :D if I play with my home button on the left everything works fine. That's not the normal way I hold my phone but hey I'll deal with it until the update comes out.

2. Bullos

Bullos Member

Sep 24, 2011
    #82 Bullos, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
    Thanks for the tip. I flipped my iPad Air so that the home button is on the left and now the game works fine.

Thank you so much for sharing your tip!

Edit: the option menu still doesn't seem to work correctly but if I turn my iPad so the the home button is on the right I can use the options and then flip it again to continue playing.

3. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Weird that this is not actually the first time an app has been affected like this of recent times. Avernum 2, also a new release suffers from this flip one way and then another to gain access to buttons on some idevices as well.

4. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Omg this just made my day been playing for half an hour ish and when I logged onto a in game comp and saw "gilder corp" it suddenly hit me "is this the same Dev that made the hacker" as I loved that game and sure enough when I checked it is.
    Definitely going to stick at this for a while now as the hacker was fantastic ( ;) could do with an update tho)

Any chance of this getting cloud saves so I can play on both my phone and iPad without having to play separate saves ?

5. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #85 macplash, Apr 16, 2015
    uhm, I just replied to the wrong thread.. sorry;)

6. Kaje85

Kaje85 Active Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Any update on when the revised version is due to hit? Can't play this at all on my 6 Plus.

I kinda feel a little cheated, and wish I'd have read this thread before buying. Meh!

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Don't feel cheated. Just a mistake which has happened and it'll get fixed soon.

8. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    #88 Qwertz555, Apr 16, 2015
    This "just a mistake" hurts the rating obviously (seen on TA's app). The minority reads/knows Toucharcade's forum and that the Devs are working this out. Some people love to trigger the fast rating bullet of death, unfortunately.

I'm a happy (and lucky) customer, who enjoyed the game flawlessly until i reached level 7. Now i encountered a sfx-bug (only when underground), meaning only the right headphone side has a horrible and annoying sound. I would describe it as a loud mix of a machine gun and a running blender (imaginable?). Anyone else with a working game to confirm this?

Once the update is out, i'm quite confident that new and old school players can admire this game.

Edit: if Apple wouldn't have to waist their time with 90% app store's crap, developers and gamers would have a better gaming life.

9. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I'm quite patient waiting. Just have to 'pretend' it's not out for up to a week in my mind ! It's only a small price so it's not like I've paid £3000 for something and it's now delayed

Some of the negativitity seems a bit OTT. Not like the dev planned for this. Just a mistake which I hope he doesn't pay for badly as this is a nice little game

10. Stevencarla

Stevencarla Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2011
    HONG KONG
    how come some of the games can make a urgent update in only a day ?but this critical fault couldnt ?

11. Vytautas

Vytautas New Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Also, how long it normally takes for  to publish an update?

12. Adsinjapan

Adsinjapan Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2013
    Tried flipping the orientation of my iPhone 6.

All it did was show a different quarter of the entire image. Still entirely unplayable. :(

13. collider

collider Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 22, 2013
    CEO/Owner Collider, Inc.
    NYC
    yep. Sfx bug is there. I just popped my headphones off that ear.
    I kind of have to agree with the combat. There's no real strategy other than shooting at each other and hoping you upgraded enough to withstand it.
    Even with that, I'm still loving this game.

14. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Thanks for the bug...lol, you know what i mean.

15. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    This is a fun little game if you can come to terms with the undeniably clunky combat.

16. Lift the Camel

Lift the Camel Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2013
    Awesome! I tried this on my 5s and it worked! The combat is a pretty simplistic affair, but the game is fun and feels like a 2D Fallout/Borderlands. It sucked me in and almost made me late for work!

17. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I don't know why people were expecting some type of complex combat. It's old skool and a nod to the old side scrollers

Glad the update is out. looking forward to playing this later

18. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Screen is fixed on my 6+ but I can't get past the very first text box.

19. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Even Contra had the ability to aim in eight directions and the ability to lie down. Strafing isn't a hugely complex monaouever either.

20. radge

radge Member

Nov 5, 2008
    I'm getting the same issue...