Universal Drylands (by Gaspar Mereu)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 15, 2015.

1. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    I've been playing for about 30-45 minutes now and I love it. Like unsaid in previous post it's working well on my iPad mini and it's a first gen. It really is a 2d side scrolling fall out haha.

2. Avatre

Avatre Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    I bought it too, looking forward to playing it very much. Screen is fine for me, but the controls dont work other than left and right.

3. zatoichi

zatoichi Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    This seems to be working fine on my 5s 8.2
    Fun game so far.

4. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    I hope someone answers soon. Does this game somehow auto save? I've been playing a long time and I can't find any place to save my game. So does it just auto save when you exit the game?

5. AngryBugs

AngryBugs Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    #65 AngryBugs, Apr 15, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
    You can travel anywhere and everything is saved if you feel unsure about losing your progress.

6. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    Ok thanks. It'd just suck to lose all that progress because I over looked a save point or something.

7. Opiate

Opiate Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2015
    Nothing works in any menus ...

Just purchased. I like it ... But nothing works in the options menu or anything. Completely stuck for progress since I need to get files from the computer in the west ruins and tapping files doesn't do anything. When is the update going to come out? On the plus side though seems like a really cool game. Good job angry bugs!

8. Opiate

Opiate Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2015
    Okay whoa!!!! I just flipped my screen the other way ... And well, everything works lol try it!!! I'm on an iPod 5 too btw.

9. Lift the Camel

Lift the Camel Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2013
    Thanks for the update!

10. Ozes

Ozes Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2012
    Just bought game read about it and all the positive reviews like an hour ago downloaded it on my 6s. Screen doesn't work 1/3 of the screen is black and halve the options are missing I tried different view modes and they are all the same... :(...
    When I came back the the forum page here on TA all the 5 star 68 reviews were not there any more and it was 1-2 star rated. What the...

11. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    I'm really enjoying this but I keep coming across locked chest things that require passwords. The very first one I came across I had no problem with the password but since then I think I've seen maybe 4 or 5 more and no passwords, no hints, no computers that give me the code or anything :(

12. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Still waiting on that mifi controller answer. The gMe definitely doesn't support them? Or can we use them?

13. AngryBugs

AngryBugs Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    There is no support for mfi controller now. Our plans right now are waiting the aproval of the update for the game to work properly for everyone, it's a shame we have to wait but the issues will be resolved sooner or later.Thanks for your understanding.

14. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Thanks for your response and good luck with approval!

15. anabolicMike

anabolicMike Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Have to wait for what? I'm too lazy to read back... I've been playing it. It makes me think of bio menace a little bit! Which is a good thing! Oh, when I go to adjust my controller buttons the left one doesn't show up but all of them show up during game play! So far so good knock on wood and my own head.... Apple iPad mini 128 with hemeroids

16. collider

collider Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 22, 2013
    CEO/Owner Collider, Inc.
    NYC
    Really loving this so far... works fine on iPad air, not at all on iPhone 6 (as you already know). Would love MFi, but onscreen controls work fine. Story is great, art fits perfectly. Congrats! Sorry release didn't go perfectly, but totally worth a wait.

17. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    Works fine for me on my iPhone 5c running iOS 8.3. Really cool game, I just must admit that I kinda agree with whoever said the combat system is kind of bland. I can't really put my finger on exactly what I don't like about it though. It just seems like there should be more to it than just running one direction, turn around, shoot, jump over enemy, then repeat. It would be nice if we could shoot towards the enemy while we are running away from them. I dunno, maybe that would make it too easy but it feels like it would help. But overall, this is a really cool game that deserves much attention! A lot of love has been put into this one! :)

18. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    I think maybe you're looking for the combat is a bit stiff. Ya know? It feels sort of like a cardboard cutout of a character moving and shooting, it's not real smooth it doesn't look natural. I dunno lol but still I'm really loving the game a lot it's still a great game and worth the purchase even more so when the patch comes out so we can play it on our iPhone 6s I'm currently using my old iPad mini to play.

19. nxtboyIII

nxtboyIII Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2014
    Game Developer
    The graphics are cool, but the combat isn't so much. It just seems really anti-climatic. The guns don't seem like guns in the game, his arm barely kicks when he shoots them and it takes like 5 lot of bullets to kill 1 enemy? I'm not trying to hate, just trying to do the opposite and give my feedback. :) Good luck

20. ahfusim

ahfusim Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2012
    so is there any multiplayer feature or player interaction in this game?