Drug Free World

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Lightworx, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Lightworx

Lightworx Well-Known Member

May 21, 2010
    Italy
    Hi,

Here is a great app that you must recommend to everyone you know. Education is the key to stopping young people taking drugs. We have worked hard to create a fantastic app which features tons of videos and gives people the facts, when they need them.

Please give us your feedback and help us to share this app to as many people as possible. Together we could change some lives....

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/drug-free-world/id401121361?mt=8

2. super6ft7

super6ft7 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    does it mention how great being high feels?

3. fallenashes

fallenashes Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    yes
    I love my dose of irony.

4. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    This is a surprisingly great app. Sure it's not much of an entertainment piece, but the interface and information, and the way it's all presented... it's really a top-notch product.

I haven't read through every drug yet, only Cocaine. But the information in there is very interesting and seems to be 100% accurate, and I'm assuming the rest of the drugs covered in this app are similarly accurate.

Though the information is written with a feeling of propaganda, I don't mind that so much when on the topic of drugs. I love the science of drugs, and I love reading about them, but I'm glad programs like Truth and Drug Free World do spread the word that drugs are bad, as little impact as that message might be having, and as one-sided as it may be presented.

So far I'm loving this app, though. It feels like it has some great production values behind it, and I appreciate what this website is trying to do. Plus, it's free, so why not jump on the train? :)

Some suggestions:

- When I "pinch-to-zoom" to read, the text is a smidgen too blurry for my taste. I can read it just fine, but any amount of blur is too much when reading text, personally :p If there's a way you could sharpen up the text when you pinch to zoom, that would be great.

- Fast-app switching would be neat, but not necessary.

As you can see, very minor suggestions (very minor).

And did I already say how much I dig the interface completely? It's just amazing. The music, the way the foreground and background interact as you move around, the way the drug menus open up and close. Gah. So much to love about this :p It's worth downloading for the interface alone. :cool:

5. Lightworx

May 21, 2010
    Italy
    Actually, here is the funny thing, It doesn't :)

But I think we all know that if it didn't make you feel good, no one would do it in the first place. But I am not here to lecture you on drugs. We all know the dangers. I just want to try help some young people to find out the truth before they try something they shouldn't.

Thanks for the comments Masterchief. We can sharpen the text and we have that in plan for the next update. I am glad you love the interface too. So do we. We spent quite a lot of time playing with scrollviews to get the right feel and the operation smooth. I am glad you have noticed.

Maybe you could post your comments on iTunes in the form of a review?

Thanks

6. Lightworx

May 21, 2010
    Italy
    Many great reviews. Thanks for the support.

7. Lightworx

May 21, 2010
    Italy
    I have a question....

What would you do to make this better? I am looking for some ideas for this one!

8. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    Include google maps of the nearest places were I can find all these drugs. Man, all the pot around here SUCKS!

/my best stoner impression
    /Sarcasm

Seriously, I think your app is very good and I wouldn't anything. Thanks for making this and I hope it helps.

9. Lightworx

May 21, 2010
    Italy
    Thank you for your support :)

10. Lightworx

May 21, 2010
    Italy
    Grazie Mille :)