Universal Drive on Moscow - (by Shenandoah Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 20, 2013.

1. returnity

returnity Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2013
    This game eats my iPad Air's battery! 45 minutes gameplay and 25% battery gone... Does anyone experience the same thing?

2. Best75

Best75 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Is hold the line in typhoon achievement possible?
    How are you suppose to hold all spaces that give vps in the first 5 turns as the soviets

3. dwerny

dwerny Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I know this studio is known for making great games and I would like to pick up either this one or the original battle of the bulge.

I'm sure both are great but I don't have time for both honestly. If you guys had to pick one, which would you go with?

4. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    Moscow for sure, the map is much bigger and all around improves on the bulge in every way.

5. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    But BotB is an amazing title and maybe better suited for beginners? I dont know, just asking :p

6. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    While that is true I, personally, don't find this game overly complex. The rules and UI are very clear. After a few games and reading the rules even a beginner should be able to grasp what's going on. If you are only buying one game game, even as a beginner, I still think moscow is a better deal.

7. dwerny

dwerny Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I bought Moscow and I'm really happy with it. Tons of fun and the history is awesome.

One question: I'm playing as the axis and it seems like in turn 18 a few of my armor units that were out of fuel suddenly had gas again. I hadn't noticed this happening before. Is it possible for units to regain fuel if they were out previously?

8. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    Yes that is normal. Randomly units will not have fuel a turn or two then become resupplied.

9. vogelmann

vogelmann Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Cologne, Germany
    Drive on Moscow 2.0 is coming soon, with universal support and new AI generals! Hooray!!

Read more about here: http://www.pockettactics.com/news/ios-news/think-youre-dave-drive-moscow-rolls-new-ai-universal-support-soon/

10. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
  11. BradTSS

BradTSS Active Member

Jul 2, 2013
    Drive on Moscow 2.0 now Universal

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to drop by to confirm that Drive on Moscow has been updated to version 2.0 bringing Universal support and more.

Here's a summary of what is in the update:
    • Universal Support - Play this hit mobile strategy game on iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. The interface is tailored to each device, giving you the best experience whether on the go or playing at home.
    • New AI Opponents - Challenge two new AI opponents featuring machine learning and advanced heuristics. These AI opponents think deeply and will provide a new experience for veteran players.
    • Improved Online and Sharing Features - New options let you share your victories and invite others to join you online. We’ve added a one-week timeout to all online games to keep them flowing and competitive.

Be sure to let us know what you think of the iPhone version and the new AI opponents.

- Brad

12. vogelmann

Aug 17, 2012
    Cologne, Germany
    @Brad
    It seems that I have to pay for the iPhone-app, although I already own the iPad-app...

13. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Would help if you updated to 2.0 on your iPad? :confused:

I don't have an iPad so I'm not sure how it works.

14. BradTSS

BradTSS Active Member

Jul 2, 2013
    Hey everyone,

This can appear that way with new launches. If you own the iPad app, the iPhone version is a free download. If you go through the purchase, it will tell you that you already own it.

Thanks,
    Brad

15. vogelmann

Aug 17, 2012
    Cologne, Germany
    Yes, you're right, it was a free update. Very cool to play Drive on Moscow on my iPhone - great work!

I have another question. This one is a little bit off topic, but I like to know: what is going on with El Alamein? No news about the game for a long, long time. When will it see the light of day?

16. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Wow. This is such a fantastic game. I'm finding it even better than Battle of the Bulge. I've only played for 20-30 minutes but I plan on changing that today. :D

17. Unfrozen

Unfrozen Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 11, 2011
    Canada
    I was hoping to get this at full price (I am a strategy gamer and LOVED Battle of the Bulge), but with 2.0 out I couldn't hold out. Bought it, love it.

Hopefully you guys continue to make premium strategy games on iOS.

18. Best75

Best75 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    The new A.I are a welcome challenge for me seeing as the other opponents are a bit too easy to beat

19. BradTSS

BradTSS Active Member

Jul 2, 2013
    Best. Comment. Ever.

20. BradTSS

BradTSS Active Member

Jul 2, 2013
    We are hard at work on the game and we are actually going to be making a major announcement in the next couple of weeks. We will have the first screenshots a better look at the timeline.