Universal Drive on Moscow - (by Shenandoah Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 20, 2013.

1. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    iOS 7.0.4 flies on my iPhone 5C and retina iPad Mini. It is the performance on iPad 2 that we are concerned about.

2. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Ditto

3. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Raise your hand if, while playing Drive on Moscow and hearing the notification sound of BotB, you pressed the 'next' GameCenter button to switch to Battle of the Bulge and vice versa.

I know I did.

4. Meridian99

Meridian99 Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2012
    One thing that is cool is switch to supply map before using the review function. The changes in colors make the map flow much clearer

5. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

Jesus, if it's not about the price, it's about the OS. Can't you guys be satisfied once in life? You're all way too spoiled. Enjoy whatever it is or GTFO, no game is made for a couple of whining users on this effin forum.

Great game btw, lost the first two tries (not that I expect to win so fast, BoB took a looooong while to score a win).

6. BradTSS

BradTSS Active Member

Jul 2, 2013
    I can't promise anything yet, and Bulge is a bit different with localizations and other items to consider.

However it is something we are keenly aware of and are keeping tabs on for the future.

7. vogelmann

vogelmann Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Cologne, Germany
    Speaking of localizations: what about a German localization of Moscow and Bulge? This would be awesome! There are so many Germans in both games, I think they deserve a German localization... ;-)

8. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Nicely put. Now run along back to class before you're late.

9. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Thanks for answering, I understand if retrofitting isn't going to be viable but good to know its something you're looking out for with future Universal updates.

10. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    The full campaign is simply amazing.
    As Axis, you have pratically won....then the whole world freeze at -40 and Russians strike back.
    It's BRUTAL.

So awesome.

11. Emos

Emos Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Yeah I plan on firing up the main gampaign over the weekend, can't wait to see the reversal in fortunes.

For anyone who enjoys to listen to podcasts, there's one called Hardcore History by Dan Carlin. One of his multipart series is called "Ghosts of the Ostfront" that chronicles the Eastern Front. Well worth the purchase from iTunes in my opinion.

12. BradTSS

BradTSS Active Member

Jul 2, 2013
    It is something we are aware of and we have many German players. We have no plans yet but it is good to know that there is an interest.

13. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Just won against Zukhov the full campaign.
    Absolutely amazing...long and thrilling, with many different phases and ton of different situations to face.
    The weather changes really modify the map approach and the tactics (the map is large enough to actually being able to develop different tactics in different part of the map).

Great, absolutely great.

14. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Great game but I really need a larger device with the 832 MB installed size, 32 GB just doesn't cut it anymore.

15. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Say it isn't true. I just bought my 32GB...

iPadNeedsMoreStorageToo...

16. vogelmann

vogelmann Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Cologne, Germany
    Yes, I think there is much interest for a German localization. And I'm sure, that it would give you a significant boost to your sales on the German AppStore. Please keep it in mind!

17. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    +1. I can only agree! :cool:

18. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Played 4 times Zukhov's Counterattack last night as German but the best I can attain is 29 VP, which results in draw. I guess, again, destroying enemy units alone does not bring victory. Occupying VP area does. Need to find a way to breakthrough using my tank crops better.

19. Emos

Emos Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Yeah that is one if the differences from Bulge, the Axis can destroy unit after unit of Soviets and it makes no difference in the VP, whereas the Russians do get VPs for eliminating Axis units. Nice mechanic as it gives the Soviet player more leeway in sacrificing units to stall the advance or retake an objective.

20. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    As Axis you do not get points for destroying enemy units (only Russians do).
    You make points when you occupy first time certain spots (and you lose them if you lose the city) and other ones gives you incremental points (there is +1 symbol on the map).
    This adds a lot to the classic Bulge formula IMHO.