Universal Drive on Moscow - (by Shenandoah Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 20, 2013.

1. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    My iPad 2 is kept on iOS 6 too, for obvious performance reasons. Until I complete moving over to using my retina iPad Mini, gaming on iOS 7, is a no go for me.

I think some developers have actually backpedalled and added older iOS support before. It all depends on sales figures...

iPadisWonderingHowManyGrognardsUpgrade toTheLatestiPadsToPlayWargames...

2. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    So, The sale figure should be high or low?

3. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Sales figure should be not low enough to cause the developer to abandon the app, but not high enough to hit their projections, so they know that they still have a sizeable chunk of projected potential customers who had yet to buy their app.

So the two word answer: middling sales...

4. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    Good point. Thanks! I have got one off topic question for you: Since I don't want to install IOS7 on my Ipad 4. Should I buy Ipad Air, Ipad Mini 2, or Iphone 5C?

5. CzarCastic

CzarCastic Well-Known Member

I have had every iPad so far. Just got the iPad Air last week. I love it. The size difference is noticeable and meaningful. Smaller is definitely better, though I feel like I'm going to break it. The speed is obviously faster. I went with the 128GB model and it's almost full already, so I really like the storage space. And, one other noticeable improvement is in wifi speed. The iPad Air has multiple wifi antennas. My download speed (according to my speed test app) has doubled on the iPad Air. Everything just works...but better. You will not be sorry you upgraded. But, you will be forced to iOS7 if you do decide to get a new device. I, too, do not care for the aesthetics of iOS7, but the little improvements over the previous iOS are worth the price.

6. anabolicMike

anabolicMike Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    I like war games too. Maybe I'll grab this one and the battle of the bugle ones to try out. Do you have em for android? I have an android tablet I occasionally use too. Oh yes I see the nice OS7 talk.

I like OS7. I thought if hate it. Ugly colours, stupid place to put a delete button on the phone dialler and horrible battery life. I love the features though. I'm more then happy I upgraded. Course then I sold my 5 and bought a 5s but all good here

7. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Emos, you stole my line! (look into my eyes, I am serious!)

I have a friend who beats me every time in Gary Grisby's War in Russia -- but he hates Apple products. Too bad

8. BradTSS

BradTSS Active Member

Jul 2, 2013
    Not an Android at present. We are focused on iOS for now.

9. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    Any chance for backward compatibility with IOS6 in the future updates?

10. BradTSS

BradTSS Active Member

Jul 2, 2013
    Currently we don't have any plans in that direction. We understand your concerns, but we also see several advantages with iOS 7, especially with Game Center.

11. cplr

cplr Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Sweet. Downloading. This is pretty much guaranteed to be excellent.

iOS 6 people: get with the times. better get used to iOS 7 now before a majority of games require it. It does take getting used to, but grows on you. iPad mini and iPad 2 are both a lot snappier on iOS 7 anyway.

12. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    That's not the reason why I am not updating. I am not updating, because many great older games in my library are not compatible with IOS7 or haven't been tested and there are only a handful of games that required IOS7 at the moment. I was thinking about purchasing a new Ipad, so I can still play older games on my old one and new ones on the new Ipad.

13. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
  14. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    How many not working on iOS7? Mine is one so far -- Infinite Flight. I have 14+9+9+11+3+6+4+3=59 games (among many other apps) on my iPad3 and none exhibits any OS-related problem so far (not even the notorious Shadow Run Returns). -- Sorry I should not jump into the iOS7 rant. Let's go back to the game.

15. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Is this going to bloat to x2 size when it goes universal?

16. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    I don't think so. Where did you get that idea from?

If you love strategy or board games like me, this is a definite buy. The first review by Pocket Tactics is very favourable (5/5).

Here is the link (again): http://www.pockettactics.com/reviews/review-drive-on-moscow/

17. Parkingtigers

Parkingtigers Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2010
    This game is fantastic, get it bought.

18. volcanopele

volcanopele Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 27, 2011
    Planetary Geologist
    AZ, US
    Wow, this is going to be an expensive night for me, with this and Lords of Waterdeep. And after quite a few weeks where there really hasn't been a must buy for me.

And I might not even get a chance to play either tonight what with me wanting to watch The Lord of Waterdeep episode of Tabletop and re-read the Drive on Moscow chapter of this World War II book I'm reading before heading off to bed...

19. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    #39 currymutton, Nov 21, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
    Emos, turn sent, your "return fire" is always welcomed. :D

Edit : Pitta, game sent to you too!

Also, I don't mind playing more than 1 game with the same guy.

20. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    I don't know you are also in wargaming, okay game will be sent to you later...