iPad Dreeps (by Hisanori Hiraoka)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jan 21, 2015.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I think it's pretty awesome that this game is just a bunch of mysteries. I know at some games I'd complain about not enough directions but this seems like it's more fun to experiment :)

2. Senshine

Senshine New Member

Feb 25, 2015
    I actually found out from somebody on Facebook, you don't need to beat the boss to have two companions! He explained to me how to do it and next thing I know, mister squiggles and his new buddy Buzzles are kicking butt!
    SO! You wake up and start the day, right? Set the alarm to about five, ten minutes ahead of the current time to where the numbers are BLUE. Then turn on the alarm of the companion that you want to join you and your current one! Turn the alarm back off and BAM Two companions! :D
    I don't think the second one lasts on screen as much though c:

Also, my little buddy is up against the final boss too! I HAVE A TON OF SCREENSHOTS! Homagawd it was SOOOO EPIC! Squiggles went down and my little buddy was alone KICKING BUTT! But in the end he wasn't quite powerful enough on his own D: It's unfortunate that the dern boss fight is at midnight too... I don't know how often I'll be able to actually watch it >_<;

3. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    I'm level 37 fighting with the green guy with a shield. I log in a few times a day. Good stuff!

4. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah, just did what you said: woke up to the alarm and had the spider thing following me, set another alarm for 5 mins later, and then the second companion also joined. Cool!

I've beat the final boss a couple times and there's something after that makes me wonder if there's something else to achieve. Not sure though. Really fun app and I love the photo capture and tweet options.

5. Senshine

Senshine New Member

Feb 25, 2015
    My little Loid beat the final boss! :D It was amazing! We watched the angel start to take off and....
    The app crashed.
    -flips desk- I've only got an iPhone 4s so... I refuse to update to iOS8. If I do, I know for a FACT It'll destroy my phone because it's designed for the stronger phones. However this has an unwated setback of certain apps not working right and crashing here and there. -sigh- :c
    I can't help but feel like I missed out on something amazing...
    When I returned to the app it was like endgame music almost with a grayed out image of the sleeping table u.u

My little Loid is now level 28 with Squiggles (the squid looking companion) at rank 24, and Beezneez (the yellow floating dude) at rank 20.
    Pretty pleased with their ranks right now, those two helped me beat the game <3
    SQUIGGLEZ 4 PREZ

6. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Bummer! And congrats. Make sure to check back again, as I've had my guy beat it a few times. Definitely worth trying to watch the whole ending. If you can.

7. anabolicMike

anabolicMike Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    I remember s PC screen saver that when it was on these little cartoon guys would play soccer. The score and time all kept so when the screensaver turned off and then back on again your game was still being played. It was cool but do you think I can remember anything about it? Like where it came from... Now that I type this I wonder if it was afterdark on the Mac

8. BrokenHaiku

BrokenHaiku New Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Sysadmin
    #68 BrokenHaiku, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
    Summary:

Unless I'm mistaken, feel free to correct me:

-- The HP meter isn't actually HP but daily stamina. This isn't affected by fighting and when it's out your android boy needs to sleep.

-- On the map, where you currently are is marked by being filled in blue.

-- the horizontal lines on the top right of the map are the different levels where you can meet, fight and gain the mini bosses as followers.

-- the little 24H clock on the map indicates what (local) time your android boy will enter these levels. I believe that watching this gives you a chance for an encounter with a mini boss to defeat them and gain them as a follower.

-- tapping an alarm to start sleeping will increase the level of that companion, plus your android as well. This level is different from the character level -- No idea which one increase stats or anything.

-- gaining two followers at once only works as long as you watch. After being out of the app a bit, one leaves (the app doesn't even have to be reloaded). This is probably only intended for boss encounters.

9. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Yes I think those are all correct.

10. aeneid

aeneid Member

Mar 14, 2015
    The tiny lines on upper right of map that have numbers like 22(then clock symbol) , 23, etc what does that indicate? I'm level 44 just got the floating Star Wars looking droid. It was at 22 yesterday and now 23.

How come some people advanced faster?

11. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Those are actual times. Open the app around those times 22=10pm 23=11pm 24=12am and you'll see the boss fights, which if won will allow you to select a new alarm/companion for the next day.

12. aeneid

aeneid Member

Mar 14, 2015
    Ahhhh thank you

13. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Don't know if you're planning on it, but this app would be perfect for the Apple Watch. I don't have one yet, but I wish I could have experienced the app for the first time using both my iPhone and the watch. I would have checked in on the hero quite a bit more throughout my day if I could have done it on a watch!