dream:scape - made with UnrealEngine [Releasing on 9/June]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by thewolf16, Apr 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghen73

ghen73 Active Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Very intrigued by the allusion to the Dali-esque sequences. That at the very least is worth the buck.

2. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010

Very well said. One man's over-hyped game is another man's 'game of the year' - its all subjective and we all have different likes and dislikes. Good job really cos if we didn't these forums would be a very boring place! I love Aralon but I'm mature enough to accept that others don't. And in the case of 'Dream:Scape' I think I'm going to love the game, but I can see that a lot of people may not like it.

The main things I enjoy about games are a sense of atmosphere, an interesting story and a sense of exploration. It looks like this game might have all those areas covered very well, in which case it could be a big game for me. I love Myst and Riven, Alan Wake, Bioshock - all those sort of games in which story and atmosphere are as important as gameplay. Lets hope Dream:Scape ticks all those boxes! I live in hope...

Now all we need is a release date!

3. bebo_beta2002

bebo_beta2002 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    mayb release date is for sure this week..let's say it was submitted the day the video was shown to us...so i think it's for sure and i hope this week..,maybe tomorrow or day after tomorrow

4. OriginalAce

OriginalAce Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2011
    I was thinking the same thing. I don't know how long it takes for a game to be reviewed after being submitted to apple, but it was submitted a couple of days ago, so it shouldn't be too long... I hope.

5. bebo_beta2002

Jan 6, 2010
    it takes from 7 - 15 days so max is 2 weeks ...it was submitted let's say last tuesday so it may be released next thursday or friday...and at max after next tuesday...just hoping for nz release tomorrow :)

6. admo

admo Active Member

Apr 6, 2010
    Well, I wouldn't say max is 2 weeks. Average seems to be about 10 days. But the game may get reviewed by apple after 10 days, and then get rejected. One thing I would keep an eye on is the name. Perhaps Apple may reject it because it's name is too similar to another game on the store. I dunno. Hope it gets reviewed and released soon.

7. bebo_beta2002

Jan 6, 2010
    ok guys i checked the video again nw and saw that the date of sharing the video is 8 april
    so this means this game was submitted to apple at 8th ...so i think most probably it will be released by tomorrow or after tomorrow if not so for sure it's this wed and thursday releases..i hopppe and can't wait :(

8. OpticCrash

OpticCrash Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2011
    Looks interesting, I'm hoping for a quick release :p

9. Prhaber

Dec 16, 2010
    That's one thing I'm a bit worried about. Seeing as there's a 'Dreamscape' already on the app store, 'Dream:Scape' seems a bit too similar. Can see Apple insisting on it being changed in which case would the game have to go through Apple's approval process again? Hope not..

10. jamesdoug

jamesdoug Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    I saw that too . The developer has made a website where he says he will publish info on the release.
    Link:

http://www.speedbumpstudios.com/

11. thethinice

thethinice Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    I think that this dev could make a great horror game ;)

12. Whiteplayer3d

Whiteplayer3d Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Czech Republic
    Famous game from only one developer :O
    You must be Chuck Norris :D
    I think you need man like Akira Yamaoka from Konami (Music), then your games be extremely good

(sorry for my bad english)

13. OpticCrash

Apr 3, 2011
    Thanks for showing the devs site, hopefully now I can finally get some info.

14. Prhaber

Dec 16, 2010
    It's better English than some posts I've read by English-speakers!

And your meaning is clear enough. This has the potential to be a superb game. Just checked out the developer's site and am even more excited for this game. 'Nearly 30 seamless acres of entirely open-world exploration featuring fully-realised interior and exterior locations'! Count me in...

The developer certainly is a veritable Chuck Norris! Lol...

15. OpticCrash

Apr 3, 2011
    Unlock able free roam. I'm in!

16. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Unlockable free-roam?

I want it from the start! lol

17. OpticCrash

Apr 3, 2011
    That's what it said on the website. I assume that during the actually game we can only explore areas of interest..

18. robiow

robiow Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Any updates?!

19. ikemike

ikemike Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    Anticipation

For some reason, I'm more anxious for this game's release than, well, any other game before. I'm constantly checking the website/app store/forum for any possible news... Jeez, the game has already started to draw me in, and it hasn't even come out yet!

In other news, I notice the app on the store named "DreamScape" has disappeared... Hmm... *speculates*.

20. jamesdoug

jamesdoug Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    I wonder what that means. Maybe the new dreamscape is going to replace the other. Or maybe they are doing the opposite.