dream:scape - made with UnrealEngine [Releasing on 9/June]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by thewolf16, Apr 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    No it's not.

1. It's universal
    2. It will likely have a better, optimised HD only version once they've played around with iPad 2 specs. i.e. a faster, more powerful game will be possible for iPad 2.

2. chriser

chriser Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Slide to play about game type: "interactive, narrative experience, guided by the user" - smells like another on-rails product.

3. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

Did you even read on? It's not on-rails. ;)

4. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Also from STP:

5. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Lmao. People, please read at least the basics before posting!

6. bebo_beta2002

bebo_beta2002 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    mmm....i feel this game gonna be released by tomorrow in nz and worldwide thursday
    or at max be next week if not so...i hope it's tomorrow :)

7. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    I'm interested - it seems like a barren and solitary endeavor. I really am looking for a hearty story, which can be immersive and explorative...

Most AppStore games are cartoony and Wii like (casual fare), this intrigues because it almost seems like an absorbing story. Interactive art, without the pretension of SB: S&S (no offense).

8. Cmdr_Overscore

Cmdr_Overscore Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    30 acres would take forever to travel, even if you're only supposed to go where the scarecrow guides you, so hopefully you can at least drive a car/tractor/firetruck or fly one of those planes from the airfield...:cool:

9. Ghost-Pro

Ghost-Pro Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Wow! Thirty acres? That's like 120 squared kilometers! Transportation would be cool but I imagine that walking would feel really serene.

10. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    I see no cause for offense, but I don't really see any pretension in S&S, at all. Certainly not in contrast to this title. I'm not a rabid S&S champion, either. Would you explain the assertion?

11. jamesdoug

jamesdoug Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    I think 30 acres is more like 0.2 square kilometers but that is still massive. It is like 3 farms.

12. Ghost-Pro

Ghost-Pro Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    #72 Ghost-Pro, Apr 13, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
    LOL!!! Wow I'm just full of stupidity today! I forgot to divide by 1000m! It's 0.121 squared kilometers xD

13. jamesdoug

Mar 5, 2011
    That was quick thinking. Good math

14. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    #74 Pacificsun0481, Apr 13, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
    I feel/felt like Superbrothers: S&S tried really hard to expand a verbose, hipster vibe. As if to be the prodigious student who raises the hand first in class...

Always asserting an answer; spotlessly adorned alongside their manicured beard, shag haircut, thick rimmed glasses and that San Francisco swagger. (yes I am aware the dev is Canadian btw)

Nothing wrong with this, yet, lacked in engaging simply. Or simply engaging.

15. ikemike

ikemike Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    Someone's going to say it, so I might as well: Let's stay on topic. Your opinions on dream:scape is relavent here, not S:S&S.

And mine is that it's amazing. I never got into Myst, because that was after I had played 360° free-roam games. Let's see how this game fares.

16. Cmdr_Overscore

Jan 26, 2011
    ...lmao :D and I thought I was having a mind blank. actually i think I still am...

Oh right, yes. :eek:
    I hope the way mystery and suspense is "woven" into this experience works well and pays off. I'm not going to make an example but there isn't really a game that has a deep enough atmosphere for me yet I'm feeling.

17. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Have people checked this link out? A Myst style atmosphere, with An Alan Wake style setting, full player control (not on-rails or point & click), tons of atmosphere & story and a launch price of 59p! What's not to like about that!!

18. jamesdoug

Mar 5, 2011
    In case people are wondering it does not have combat. The only character besides the persona is the scarecrow that is shown in the trailer. The game is going to be around 200mb. There will be no specific improvements for the iPad 2, this will be added later. Compatability extends to the iPod touch 3 ( and above as well as iPhone 3GS and above. All iPads are compatible. The initial price will be US $0.99. With $2.99 being the price later on. I'd better buy it quick!

Dream:scape has been submitted to apple and unless there is a problem it may well be released within the next week.

19. thethinice

thethinice Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Good interview by slide to play. I just wish they would say how long the game actually is in terms of length.

20. Cmdr_Overscore

Jan 26, 2011
    Yup, that's a mighty fine round up. Good work :)

If there's an iPad 2 exclusive version, I'd only get it if the graphics are majorly improved over the standard or the story is considerably longer.