dream:scape - made with UnrealEngine [Releasing on 9/June]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by thewolf16, Apr 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bebo_beta2002

bebo_beta2002 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    guys..at the TA review on front page they say the game is in review with apple nw and expected to be released soon ...so is it submitted?

2. Espekayen

Espekayen Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Hertfordshire, UK
    The trailer looks interesting. I hope the game doesn't disappoint as it looks like my kind of thing.

3. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Sounds like yes.

4. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010

My first thought was 'Alan Wake'! Very similar atmosphere, and even similar names ('Bastion Falls' here and 'Bright Falls' in Alan Wake). If it's even half as atmospheric and well written as Alan Wake we're in for a treat.

5. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Am I the only one who thought the graphics don't look anything special. To me it looks more like a game made with Unity 3D rather than Unreal Engine 3. But the graphics look good enough, as long as the gameplay is good though then I'll probably buy it. And I don't know if anyone else noticed, but if you read the trailer's description then you'll see it's being made by one guy (with the help of a few others for the sound and story).

6. Ollarin

Ollarin Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2011
    Character TD/Animator
    Looks pretty cool. I'd like to see more about the game and it's gameplay. :)

7. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Is the a specific Unity3D game that you think looks as good as this? Because I can't think of one.

8. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Aralon: Sword and Shadow is one example. From the video, this game just looks a bit rough round the edges to me. Some of the textures look bad (compared to other UE3 games on iOS) and some of the models look a bit basic, while other parts look great. The graphics don't look bad, just inconsistent and not up to Epic Citadel/Infinity Blade standards. I guess some of the quality was lost through recording/uploading.

9. altair77

altair77 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Greece,Athens
    looks amazing i hope its not on rails :rolleyes:

10. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

I agree, the graphics don't look breath-taking, although the one part where the camera runs backwards along a forest ground really captures me.

11. thewolf16

thewolf16 Active Member

Dec 11, 2010
    I´ve talked to the dev and asked if this game is on rails. He said the following:

Also i have asked him if this game have several languages or subtitles. This is what he said:

12. Spicytouch

Spicytouch Active Member

Apr 7, 2011
    Student
    Canada
    This game sounds kinda like amnesia the dark decent

13. Joeavery

Joeavery Active Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Midwest
    I'm getting a "Heavy Rain" vibe, which isn't at all a bad thing. And while I'm sure the graphics debate will continue, I think it looks fantastic.

I'm curious about movement. In the epic citadel demo you could walk around with a virtual analog stick, swiping to look, or you could simply tap to move. Does this game provide the same options?

If the developer reads the forums, I'm sure we'd all like to know more details about the game, perhaps a gameplay video?

Looks great, though. Looking forward to it.

14. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    This game looks sweet. As LBG said, it does look like a Unity fame - but I am more than happy with those visuals anyway!

I'm also glad it's more adventure story than RPG, I've never been able to grasp the RPG genre fully!

Look forward to it - maybe buy it on day two after decent impressions.

15. qasim

qasim Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    USA
    This game looks beautiful. I hope the gameplay is as good Aralon if not better.

Also hopes the controls are nice. The story seems very decent as well. Looking forward to this release.

16. ikemike

ikemike Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    Insta-buy right here. Adventure games have always been my favorite type of game, and the amazing graphics and open world are really impressive. Sometimes just exploring a realistic other world can be fun. I might have actually bought this even if it didn't have a storyline.

17. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I got the same vibe, but thought of it in a more negative way than you did.

Heavy Rain makes me think "one playthrough ---> ignore forever".

18. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Looks awesome.. Instantbuy for the Ipad when it's out.
    Hope it's soon :)

19. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    #39 arta, Apr 12, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
    Here's the developer thread. I signed up to ask more questions about the game, but it looks like by the time I'm approved in EPG's approval queue, the game will be out.

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=772771

20. 12yam

12yam Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2010
    Toronto
    On the trailer in youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-7UQjOvtqQ&feature=player_embedded#at=33) the dev posted a very interesting comment. Dont know if you guys know about this yet, though :p
    Heres the comment:

@DutchStyl3 I am indeed as independent as it gets. The beauty of the Unreal engine is its accessibility to anyone with the itch to make something cool. Dream:scape is currently in review at the app story-- a process that is reputed to take anywhere from a week to several months. Argh. The regular price will be 2.99 but it'll have an initial sale price (of course) of .99.
    georgezilla