Dream Runner - a visually stunning, character driven runner with progression

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by we.R.play, Feb 12, 2012.

1. we.R.play

we.R.play Well-Known Member

May 30, 2011
    Glad to know you love our little custom font. And you have a valid critique, we did notice that the bottom part of the main- menu did not look as great as the rest of it. We will work to make it better :) However working with our custom font is a bit limiting at small sizes, that is the main reason we used that other font.
    To everyone else, thanks for your support. We are trying hard to push the beta out as soon as possible, but the response has been a bit overwhelming:) We just hope we don't disappoint anyone.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im pretty excited about playing this game too. How do we know if we make the beta?

3. Aldex Oun

Aldex Oun Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Wow, I didn't even catch that. That's embarrassing. I guess I was overly excited about this game that I failed to check what I wrote.

4. dreamZ

dreamZ Member

Sep 29, 2011
    The art is awesome! It's gonna be a HIT on AppStore!

5. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    #25 GoofyJmaster., Feb 17, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2012

I don't really care about grammar on the forums, unless completely incomprehensible, but I had to correct your correction.

I is the subject of a sentence, so it shouldn't be placed after the verb.

Me is the object of a sentence, however Aldex is the subject.

Therefore, the pronoun should have been reflexive. I signed my girlfriend and myself up for the beta.

Who goes first in the phrase is based on trying to be proper and/or stylistic. "Myself and my girlfriend" and "my girlfriend and myself" are both grammatically correct.

6. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Oh shoot I missed that...

I was only concerned with the 'me and my girlfriend' part that my correction ignore the context of the sentence.
    -------------------------------------------------------

@Devs

Keeping a tight lid on the shop? :D Can you at least scatter a few hints to what there might be? :rolleyes:

7. we.R.play

May 30, 2011
    #27 we.R.play, Feb 17, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
    Game Play footage

thanks for all the posts people - and for the grammar policing too ^^. We have some bad news - and some good news - the bad news is that we found a couple of bugs and issues in our beta that we want to fix before we send out- our target is this weekend (and hopefully as early as tomorrow).

The good news is that we've taken out some gameplay footage to give you guys an idea of how the in-game graphics look and how the game plays. check it out here

it's a little rough around the edges but it should give you guys an idea of what to expect :)

once again we're really really sorry to have to push the beta a little bit- we sincerely hope the wait will be worth it. Looking forward to more comments and your continued support.

8. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    OMG the sense of speed of the game and the nimbleness of the character looks exciting!

Wall run? WALL run? WALL RUN!? This game is begging for wall run! :D

I take that the stuttering of the video is due to the recording process and not the game itself?

9. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    Wow, this is definitely different from any other endless runner. Great job on giving the genre a needed twist!

10. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    This does look awesome and like gunxsword said, please add wallrun :D

11. we.R.play

May 30, 2011
    #31 we.R.play, Feb 18, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
    Thanks for the great feedback everyone. We are so glad to see that you liked the gameplay :) just one important note, the actual Game plays very smoothly and that shuttering you see in the vid is from the recording process.
    exactly like gunxsword said.

12. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Awesome video. Definitely think you should be able to run up walls though:D
    Also, for the beta all you have to do is sign up for the newsletter?

13. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Agreed. Needs more wall run.

14. we.R.play

May 30, 2011
    thanks for the comments people! keep 'em coming -

wall running - aah....that was something that we had thought off but unfortunately it won't be one of the features in the first 2 chapters - but definitely one to think of as we finalize the feature list for the additional chapters.

as far as the stuttering goes - you are right - its because of the recording process and not the game itself. The game runs silky smooth on most iDevices (iphone 3gs and beyond)

15. Aldex Oun

Aug 15, 2009
    I'm still waiting to test this epic-looking game! I can't wait.

16. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    For some reason, it reminds me of the land version of Sleepy Jack. Also, it's an endless runner and not separated into levels.

Anyways, it's looking very good!

17. Aldex Oun

Aug 15, 2009
    What's going on with the Beta?

18. we.R.play

May 30, 2011
    sincerest apologies for the delay in the beta - but we're sending out the testflight links tonight - and as soon as we fill up the beta spots (hopefully within 12-24 hours) we'll send out the beta's for you guys to play - and hopefully help us improve.

19. Yume

Yume Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Whoo, I love runners/run games/I don't know how this genre is called? =P
    Looking good, and I signed up for the Beta. I think. If all I had to do was subscribe. If not, then I did something wrong and I didn't :rolleyes:

20. Yauigg

Yauigg New Member

Feb 21, 2012
    this game looks awesome! can't wait to get my hands on this epic beast of a game. SCORE