Universal Dream Revenant - (by Bulkypix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jul 23, 2014.

1. bastband

bastband Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    England
    Another failure on an iPod Touch 5th gen. crashes after language selection.
    Are you there George.....

2. Revolvix

Revolvix Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2014
    Unfortunately I can't play it. I installed it, fresh booted my iPad mini 1st gen and launched the game. I choose my language and press ok when told to play it with headphones then it boots me out.

3. naberhaus

naberhaus New Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Who made the original Dreamscape? Is it still available? It's not Dream:scape is it?

4. Shan82

Shan82 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Songwriter.
    USA
    Yeah and it still does the same thing. :(

5. Magnum0ik

Magnum0ik Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Insurance Broker
    Portsmouth, England
    Yes it is.

Just completed this on both endings. It kept me interested and a good little story.

My only complaint is that it was way too short.

Enjoyable though. No issues on my iPad Air.

6. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Same here. Latest iOS not jail broken rebooted etc....

7. badgerAnt

badgerAnt New Member

May 7, 2014
    And on my IPod Touch 5th Gen

8. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    game is little short but great,
    2 endings and bonus modes

9. Gabriel.est

Gabriel.est Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Male
    Estonia
    Answer from developer : Thanks for contacting us and please apologize for the inconvenience.

We are aware of the Dream Revenant’s crash issues with iPad mini. The developers have been warned and will fix it as soon as possible.

We’ll make sure to let you know when a fix is ready to be submitted to Apple.

That's good

10. Shifaan

Shifaan Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2013
    Please Devs, fix the crash for iPod touch 5g. I want to play this awesome game!

11. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Kinda disappointed it's not gonna be for Android myself.:(

12. Rothgarr

Rothgarr Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    I gave this game a five star review on the App Store. Here's my review (I played on an iPad Air):

I really enjoyed this game. The visuals are the first thing you notice - they are spectacular (some textures a little muddy when you get up close). Playing is easy, you automatically pick up objects of importance as you get close to them so you don’t miss anything so you mostly control your position/look. The story is fantastic and edgy, not at all what I was expecting. There’s a bunch of voice acting which is also done very well.

There are two endings so you’ll need to play through twice to see each one (I picked the “left” ending, now playing through again to see the “right” ending). There’s also another mode where you need to find objects that unlocks after you complete the game the first time.

You can complete this game in 2-3 hours if you cruise through it — there’s a waypoint marker that always points you in the right direction. But after you finish you can always replay to get the other ending and the other mode is unlocked as well (you can also play it with a darker, creepier lighting setting).

If I had to pick three things that I would change, one is the camera height is pretty low, but not all the time. When you go up to a car, for example, you are eye height with the door handles. I couldn’t tell if my character was a child or an adult. Second, there are some places where you can get “stuck” — it takes some wiggling and you eventually free yourself but there were a few times I thought I’d have to reset the game. Lastly, there’s a scene with a church off in the distance — the ground sometimes pops in/out depending on where you are on that path.

I recommend it!

13. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    game not crash on ipad mini retina...

14. uFinKnow

uFinKnow Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2014
    I have IPad Mini retina and I can't open it. Crash, restart. Anyone know if there is a patch coming or did I waste my money?

15. blindmuggy

blindmuggy Active Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Hey guys, can anyone help me out i have a crowbar a hammer and a key and im stuck there anyone know how to get the next item i need, i found a path that leads to a church but i cant get to ot and every other route is blocked.

Thanks

16. Rothgarr

Dec 19, 2010
    Howdy. Where does the waypoint marker tell you to go? Can you tell what object is blocking your path?

You may be here... (spoiler)

You can't actually get to the church -- it's just for the cut scene. Did you go up the ladder in the barn you walk through to get to the church scene?

Also, did you use the key on the black gates?

17. blindmuggy

blindmuggy Active Member

Mar 28, 2014

18. Rothgarr

Dec 19, 2010
    You're welcome! I got stuck a that same place. Wasn't until my third time walking around the whole land that I even noticed it was there...

19. Vincenzo78140

Vincenzo78140 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Bulkypix COO
    Vélizy-Villacoublay
    An update is coming as soon as possible.
    Developers have been working the whole week-end to fix things.

We're actually testing the new build and we will submit it to Apple very soon.
    After a normal time of approval, we hope this will be live for the end of the week.

We apologize for hat, guys. Thank you for your support and understanding.

20. Rothgarr

Dec 19, 2010
    I really enjoyed the experience. Played through twice to get both endings. Little burnt out now but I might try the new game mode...