Universal Dream Quest (by Peter M Whalen)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 14, 2014.

1. Distrak

Distrak Active Member

Mar 9, 2017
    Dev
    World
    Fun game made me mad few times but still, fun :D

2. mengluo123

mengluo123 Member

Oct 6, 2013
    Very addicting game. I managed to unlock everything in Dream Quest. There are many different ways to build your character and a ton of unique upgrades. Quite unfortunate that this is the most unbalanced game I have ever seen. All of my losses were against an enemy that hard countered my deck since you are forced to fight every boss and nearly all enemies you come across.

3. Colin I

Colin I New Member

May 20, 2019
    Male
    It is an exceptionally balanced game but *difficult*. You need different strategies with different decks/characters vs different monsters, your strategy will be tested from many directions, but there is usually a way through. Try replaying a game with History and see if you can do better.

Some characters are easier to beat LOD (the infamous assassin/poison) but all can work. I was just going to post a Paladin victory against LOD (not easy, multiple Bleeders, multiple Scimitars, card drawing). Got a second victory in a bizarre way, LOD played "Last Chance" which kills you if you do not win with an extra turn. Apparently, even LOD dies from that.

I guess there is no chance that Peter will relent and create a few new characters....? Been playing this since around 2014 and still have found nothing better - keep learning.

4. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    https://twitter.com/LegendaryFerret/status/1100829049956507648?s=20

5. Colin I

Colin I New Member

May 20, 2019
    Male
    Oh, wow!!!! Thank you so much. Just completed Druid (using magic user side and a lot of card drawing, spell doublers and Altar to Jeremiad regenerating life due to the huge damage outlay) so was wondering what to do next....

It seems to me there are firstly a few rebalancing required (notably Prayers are underpowered vs LOTD). Secondly, as it is such a well balanced game, maybe a level AFTER LOTD which opens up new possibilities rather than mess about with early stages. Perhaps as LOTD you can be challenged by other players or have a quest of your own....? Or you lose your cool deck and have to rebuild to a different challenge...?

I'm sure there are some new monsters that can found standard decks (lightning reflection...? Transfer chilled to other player....? Steals cards then exiles them.....?). A few new character classes too.

6. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I have seen this game in the AppStore for many years but I just couldn’t get past those graphics so never bought it.
    Today I relented and finally got it.
    Glad I did. The game is a lot of fun. Those graphics are still weird but the gameplay is very well done.
    It’s a shame the dev looks like they never made another game, at least on iOS.

I know it will never happen but I wish the game had sound effects. Just having the music gets old quick.

7. Unordinary

Unordinary Well-Known Member

May 15, 2018
    Amsterdam
    If i remember correctly the developer now works for blizzard on hearthstone.

https://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Peter_Whalen

i guess not anymore.

stubbieoz likes this.
  8. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I don’t seem to be able to get the Healing Pool to work.
    The options are to either Heal(1 gold) or Heal Max (Free!) but both buttons are unresponsive.
    Anyone know of this or perhaps it’s a new bug?

9. nervousxtian

nervousxtian Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Can’t open the game after I update the os

10. AltsKev

AltsKev Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    Game work for me on last ios version

11. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    #731 Talbs, Nov 23, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    Here’s the deal:
    You’ll have to delete the app and re-install it.
    Once that’s done go to sync in the bottom left corner and see if your kind past self managed to upload any saves for you to now download. If not, you’re out of luck, time to re-enjoy the game and start again.

I’ve had to do this (delete app and re-download) for around 5 or 6 apps after updating from iOS 13.3 to iOS 14.2

12. mgambino

mgambino Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    I’ve had to do this as well with some apps, but not this one. I wonder what was causing that?