Universal Dream Quest (by Peter M Whalen)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 14, 2014.

1. hustlertwo

hustlertwo Member

Sep 2, 2017
    Does anyone know if the guy who made this will ever make a follow-up game? This is probably my all-time favorite mobile game, and I still play it just to go for high scores on the different classes. Such a shame it didn't seem to hit it as big as it should have.

2. Makoto

Makoto Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    So, today my monk brings his super badass deck to the dream lord's room, preparing to slam tons of damage to his face, and then, er, only to find out that guy makes decrees, AND sets time limits! Excuse me?? (There must be a third trait, but who care?)
    This is still the best 3 bucks I've ever spent on iOS gaming after all these years I think ;p

3. Stonebeast

Stonebeast Member

Jul 4, 2017
    I believe he said about a year or more ago he was doing 1 last big update before he went to work for a game devolper (a big 1 I think).

So no I don’t expect to see anymore games from just him, at least for a long time.

4. baconcow

baconcow Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2017
    He works a Senior Game Designer, at Blizzard, now. I think you're right in not expecting anything, for some time.

5. peecock017

peecock017 Member

Mar 20, 2017
    #705 peecock017, Oct 20, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
    A copy of dream quest comes out

A new game called Night of Full Moon or 月圆之夜 in Chinese has come out on App Store and Google Play. It is a complete copy of dream quest except that it has better interface.

6. Makoto

Makoto Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    #706 Makoto, Oct 20, 2017
    Complete copy? You sure? The description says it has 4 classes only I think

EDIT: oh and from the video, it seems that it doesn't even have the dungeon part…

7. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    It actually looks pretty slick, and other than both being solo card games in the same basic genre, calling a complete copy is a real stretch.

8. peecock017

peecock017 Member

Mar 20, 2017
    #708 peecock017, Oct 20, 2017
    If you have actually played this game, you will understand what I mean.The core mechanism is exactly the same. Most of the cards just change descriptions from dream quest. And the card genres are just the same like equipment card, prayer card, spell card, mana card and all other card genres from dream quest. Also, many monsters share the same mechanisms from dream quest.

9. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Okay, having played it now, yeah, it DOES take a lot of the identical mechanics...but it at least has a few original aspects, but I now agree, this game was at the very least HEAVILY INSPIRED by Dream Quest. :)

10. peecock017

peecock017 Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I can tell you one more very interesting thing. The original aspects you mentioned from Night of the Fallen Moon is from another web game called 卡牌冒险者(means Card Adventurer) which is also HEAVILY INSPIRED by Dream Quest.

11. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    So a cloner copying from another cloner? Yowch.

12. pyrrhonic

pyrrhonic Active Member

Mar 23, 2015
    Healing pool?

Can't seem to find any information about this: does anyone know what difference it makes to choose the pay-per-hp at the Healing Pool, versus to just "Heal Max" for free? I keep thinking there'd be a reward for have expensive scruples, but I can't seem to determine any effect. I mean, besides the ridiculous, tiny surge of real-life self-righteousness ##

13. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #713 Son of Anarchy, Feb 4, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    You get one free 'heal to the maximum'. After that, if you need it again, you need to pay per Hp restored.

It depends on how desperate you are to heal. There is one free heal to the max, but I'm only hurt a little bit & it'd be silly to use it to restore just 10 hit points. So maybe I'll just pay this time and use the full free heal later if/when I really need it.

14. TactAuthority

TactAuthority Active Member

Jan 25, 2018
    You get one free full heal at every pool. After that, it's 1 gold / hp where you can choose between healing 1 hp at a time or a full heal. There is no downside to the free heal, just don't waste it if you're only missing a small amount of hp

15. pyrrhonic

pyrrhonic Active Member

Mar 23, 2015
    Thanks for the fast replies, guys!

16. zakzyz

zakzyz New Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Dream Quest Tournament!

Hey all, I'm running a Dream Quest Speedrun Tournament and I'm looking for players! 4 slots available.

Details are here:

http://zakzyz.com/new/2018/3/14/dream-quest-speedrun-tournament

If you're really good at Dream Quest and think you can down the LOD faster than anyone, there is a prize :D

17. Makoto

Makoto Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    What's the Dreamquest foundation? Sorry that I can't open that link.

Btw, any limit about the class? I won't play, just asking.

18. zakzyz

zakzyz New Member

Mar 14, 2018
    The Dream Foundation is kind of like Make a Wish for the elderly, helping them with one final wish. Really cool and highly rated charity.

There's no class limit, but since you're starting from a fresh install, you'll initially only have access to the default classes. I'm not sure if unlocking classes is a viable strat for fastest LOD kill, really excited to see what people try. I spoke with Peter Whalen about this and he's excited about it! Really hoping we find the players.

19. Makoto

Makoto Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    This game really is a gem. Sorry that I never kill LOD even after so many years after I bought the game.

20. zakzyz

zakzyz New Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Beating LOD for the first time was one of my proudest gaming moments. Even after playing it for years, I'm still stoked all day if I can get a win.